Area fill Paths, Free shape Paths

As much as I like spline systems when it comes to path making, I think a neat feature to have would be a shape filled area of concrete/path. Similar to making vector shapes in Photoshop or Illustrator, the user would basically make a shape of their choosing on the ground, close the shape, and simply fill it their path color/tile choice. And then you can connect it to another path shape, basically "merging" the shapes to make the paths continuous. You can also make shapes within the path to "subtract" from the existing path. Users should also be choose points on their path in order for them to modify or adjust their existing paths. Users should also be able to move/copy/paste shapes and eventually be able to "Merge with existing path". Then the user can simply decorate on or around their path shape.

So to summarize, basically we would have a vector tool similar to image editing programs which allow you to make a vector shape, fill it with any color, also with the ability to copy, paste, move, and merge shapes together to make a continuous shape...in this case, Paths and walkways. This can even be extended to queue lines, or even decorating areas of park with automatic filling options of foliage, bushes, grass, rocks, colors, tiles, etc...the list goes on.

I think this will provide a lot of freedom/customizability to the parks. Think about all the shapes you can make.

What do you guys think? Anything you can add on.

And if you opt not to merge your shapes, it can be overlaid on your existing path with a different texture in order to make designs on your path, similar to the image below. Notice the different texture/tiles used.

Auo0C.jpg

Made basically the same suggestion today with some small restrictions (only convex plazas, minimum spacing between objects on the plaza) to grant a fast and effective pathfinding. Obviously, by connecting multiple plazas with regular paths you could create many concave shapes as well.

That and something to fill in paths for buildings would be nice also. Sometimes If you have a building, you would want guests to move around freely in it.

These two features wouldn't have limited my building designs greatly. Unfortunately with the way it is, most of my walk-through buildings are narrow and empty since pathing is always linear and limited to 6 sizes.

That and something to fill in paths for buildings would be nice also. Sometimes If you have a building, you would want guests to move around freely in it.

These two features wouldn't have limited my building designs greatly. Unfortunately with the way it is, most of my walk-through buildings are narrow and empty since pathing is always linear and limited to 6 sizes.

Got you covered on that, too. See point 3: https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/4175-Path-tool-improvements

Top Bottom