Land expansions

I think this would be a neat idea, kinda like in Cities Skylines as well where you can buy extra plots of land to keep expanding your park and build. Its a neat idea for like a campaign mode or something like that. Sandbox like normal you should just have all the lots.

This could be done in a way that RCT 1 & 2 handled buying extra land space. You could buy new plots of land to own it or buy construction rights over that same land space to make it available to build on, but it was only a set amount of space available and not unlimited. Thinking to Planet Coaster, an unlimited amount of space available for expansion would not be feasible and would use way to many system resources after awhile.

Thinking to Planet Coaster, an unlimited amount of space available for expansion would not be feasible and would use way to many system resources after awhile.
Why ? [weird]

If it's unlimited (in the sandbox mode) then, the most your computer is powerful, the most you can add "space".
In fact, it's a pretty good thing to focus on the future technological developments.

On top of that, it would be possible to create parks in length, rather than inside a "square" by using the same number of m².

I like this idea. [up]

If this is added, And the game is 64-bit and well optimised,

It would add a bit of future-proofing and would allow the powerful PC's of the future to run super large parks.

If this is added, And the game is 64-bit and well optimised,

It would add a bit of future-proofing and would allow the powerful PC's of the future to run super large parks.

I agree, it can be done, nor am I against it being done. I'm not worried about being able to run it myself..that won't be a problem by any means, I was just thinking of every player in whole having the best gaming experience with Planet Coaster. A land expansion system like Cities: Skylines wouldn't be bad at all. Hell, lets just make the first park competition "The Best Skyrim Sized Thrill Park" [noob]

Last edited:
I agree, it can be done, nor am I against it being done. I'm not worried about being able to run it myself..that won't be a problem by any means, I was just thinking of every player in whole having the best gaming experience with Planet Coaster. A land expansion system like Cities: Skylines wouldn't be bad at all. Hell, lets just make the first park competition "The Best Skyrim Sized Thrill Park" [noob]
[big grin][big grin][big grin]

I agree, it can be done, nor am I against it being done. I'm not worried about being able to run it myself..that won't be a problem by any means, I was just thinking of every player in whole having the best gaming experience with Planet Coaster.
Just a matter of "don't expand any more then your computer is able to handle" I would say... [wink]

I dont have a very good computer, so I am a little worried about lag and how big parks will run. But I like the plot buying system as well, and maybe some of the scenarios/challenges have to do with building in a constricted space or a massive space.

I think this would be a neat idea, kinda like in Cities Skylines as well where you can buy extra plots of land to keep expanding your park and build. Its a neat idea for like a campaign mode or something like that. Sandbox like normal you should just have all the lots.

I like this idea! It's one of the best things in that game (and not like SimCity).

But then they can just give us just the whole map so we don't need to buy it but when you need to buy it it makes it more fun. [up]

Talking about the Sandbox mode, they can give us a predefined park size, then if our PC is powerful enough and if we need it, we can expand our park as much as we want. It would make the game absolutely future proof (the predefined park size it's the most annoying thing of RTC3 imho, with my modern PC I could create a RTC3 park 10 times bigger at least XD, imagine playing Planet Coaster with unlimited map size with a 2020s PC *_*)

Imagine you this and then the settings of Planet Coaster man o man [big grin] What a park
in7a2owgoirsxvrviqwf.jpg

Top Bottom