What is more important in a theme park game: how fun it looks, or how nice it looks?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
what is more important to you guys:
how fun the theme park looks?
extremelyknotty1.jpg

or how nice it looks?
1717836_orig.jpg

It needs to look like it was put together competently. If I see a park with a lot of cool looking rides but looks run down I will think twice before even attempting to ride it. If I see a park that has some "okay" rides but looks well maintained then I wouldn't question it. I going to parks where I feel It's well taken care of and not hastily put together.

Nice.

You can have the greatest rides in the world in your theme park, but if it looks ugly, that's all that sticks with you.

Imagine Disneyland (pick a varient or another theme park that you love) and remove all scenery from your mind, leaving a barebones coaster. I'd hate that.

Im a sucker for the visuals. I enjoy going on the super slow rides at theme parks that basically just take you through awesome scenery.

We've got this theme park here in The Netherlands called Walibi Holland (used to be Six Flags). The scenery sucks big time. They tried to devide the park in themes, that doesn't work out really...
Anyway, the rollercoasters are the best in the country. I would say I prefer fun of the ride above the looks.

We've got this theme park here in The Netherlands called Walibi Holland (used to be Six Flags). The scenery sucks big time. They tried to devide the park in themes, that doesn't work out really...
Anyway, the rollercoasters are the best in the country. I would say I prefer fun of the ride above the looks.
I have a Walibi close to my city too in France.
The scenery sucks too, but every years, they try to make efforts in this regard. (It is easy to guess the lack of financial resources but they try)

But in all cases, the fun is as important as the design (all players must be represented, some want make the perfect theme park, some just want crazy roller coasters or lock up guests in the mountains)

It's like "Story VS Freedom" in GTA, some just want to follow the story, some just want kill innocent people with a rocket launcher, some want both. [big grin]

Last edited:
I have a Walibi close to my city too in France.
The scenery sucks too, but every years, they try to make efforts in this regard. (It is easy to guess the lack of financial resources but they try)

But in all cases, the fun is as important as the design (all players must be represented, some want make the perfect theme park, some just want crazy roller coasters or lock up guests in the mountains)

It's like "Story VS Freedom" in GTA, some just want to follow the story, some just want kill innocent people with a rocket launcher, some want both. [big grin]
Awesome statement at the end. [big grin]

As a regular Disneyland Paris Annual Pass holder, I guess it's kinda obvious: I'm more of a scenery guy. I'd Rather go to Universal IOA & WDW than to Cedar Point. But I'd go to Cedar Point with great pleasure, though!

A fun park is nice, but I'd go visit it once every 2 to 3 years, or every year if it's affordable and nearby, but I can go to a pretty park dozen of times. Fun + pretty is the perfect mix. Even for coasters, please compare Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain or Baron 1898 to Goudurix or a Vekoma Boomerang... And it's just coasters, parks aren't just coasters, and when we're talking about something else than coasters, then it even more needs to be pretty.

It's about feeling. I don't go to many theme parks in the UK since a lot of them are terrible, but Alton Towers is a park I used to try to go to at least once or twice a year. The scenery there is awful, but the rides are fun. HOWEVER...I've been to Disneyland Paris maybe 5 times in my life, and my feelings about that park are far stronger and far more varied than any feelings I've had for Alton Towers or, for another example, Drayton Manor. Those two are about thrills, but Disneyland and other scenery-heavy parks, they're about creating a world around you, making you feel a certain way, creating memories that WILL last for a long time.

I want to build that sort of park, and there's no reason why a park like that can't also have fun rides.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom