Planet Coaster VIP Coaster Creator work with designers Game Extra

Hello Everyone,
Wouldn't it be awesome if the creators of Planet Coaster would make a VIP Coaster Creator and charge us like $99.99 to have a coaster built to our specifications with there designers before it goes live so it could end up in one of the final parks.
I would love to see the designers create a old mine ride coaster for the whole family but have interaction where the train is in the mine and dynamite goes off and launches the train out of the mine sending you on a voyage through trees and down in the creek splashing riders and spectators near the water. This would be a great addition and fund the game to the next level of realism as it hasn't ever been offered on any other simulators or game for coasters yet. I love to work with the designers closely on getting this created into the game before the final release. I'm sure there is tons of people who would be willing to fund the VIP Coaster Creator if you added it as a add-on as a game extra. Let your fans know if this can become a reality as I'm ready to fund.

Thanks,
Eric FKA Licore

Hello Everyone,
Wouldn't it be awesome if the creators of Planet Coaster would make a VIP Coaster Creator and charge us like $99.99 to have a coaster built to our specifications with there designers before it goes live so it could end up in one of the final parks.
I would love to see the designers create a old mine ride coaster for the whole family but have interaction where the train is in the mine and dynamite goes off and launches the train out of the mine sending you on a voyage through trees and down in the creek splashing riders and spectators near the water. This would be a great addition and fund the game to the next level of realism as it hasn't ever been offered on any other simulators or game for coasters yet. I love to work with the designers closely on getting this created into the game before the final release. I'm sure there is tons of people who would be willing to fund the VIP Coaster Creator if you added it as a add-on as a game extra. Let your fans know if this can become a reality as I'm ready to fund.

Thanks,
Eric FKA Licore
I think that this is a bad idea.

If they make a VIP coaster creator than is it a better one than the original otherwise nobody buys it. If that one is better it means that the original is limited and that it isn't the best what can be. And I hope that the coaster creator is the best that can be. So don't make it a pay feature!

I think that this is a bad idea.

If they make a VIP coaster creator than is it a better one than the original otherwise nobody buys it. If that one is better it means that the original is limited and that it isn't the best what can be. And I hope that the coaster creator is the best that can be. So don't make it a pay feature!
I'm not the kind of person to pirate games, but if i need to pay for everything like an EA game, well ... Things can change [rolleyes]

Before the sims were released there was a Create-a-sim demo. Wouldn´t it be awesome we could get a Rollercoaster-building demo? [hehe]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I'm not the kind of person to pirate games, but if i need to pay for everything like an EA game, well ... Things can change [rolleyes]

*ahum*EA*grmpf*
Please, don't make it like EA does with their games.
Expansions/add-ons would be nice, but at a reasonable price. I know that Frontier can't put every single great feature in the initial game, so expansions are to be expected, but please not like the Sims Store, for example, where objects are way too expensive.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Before the sims were released there was a Create-a-sim demo. Wouldn´t it be awesome we could get a Rollercoaster-building demo? [hehe]

You can play the alpha/beta of Planet Coaster in March 2016. You would need the Early Bird Edition, but with that you support development. [up]

Hello I'm sorry I confused everyone I was looking to work with the designers on them to create what I wanted so it could be in the game itself and thought since I would be working alongside a designer of the game it would be a special excitement for them to design a type we wanted for the game. I wasn't trying to change what we could create our selfs but to be working alongside the creators of this program.

I don't understand your idea.

Are you saying that you want to pay $100 to sit with a designer and build a coaster in-game?

Surely it would be cheaper to just wait and do it when the game comes out on your own.

I don't understand your idea.

Are you saying that you want to pay $100 to sit with a designer and build a coaster in-game?

Surely it would be cheaper to just wait and do it when the game comes out on your own.

Yes I thought it would be cool to have your creations in over off the game adventurous scenerials

Yes sorry Licore, but I do not like having to pay $99.99 for the right to ... work on content production.

Seriously, I really do not know how they have managed to do this, but some companies in the game industry have succeeded in putting that "everything is paying" in the head of people.

You want to work for us as a tester during the beta ? Extra cost ! You want some aditional content that should be in the initial game ? Extra cost ! You want to pre-order the game, in case the stock of digital copies are unaivailable ? Extra cost ! You want to access a part of the forum/devblog ? Extra cost ! You want some experience or new objects ? Extra cost ! You want a horse to go faster ? Extra cost ! Etc...

And the worst part is that the youngest finds this totally normal !
Sometime they even find arguments to defend such practices.

WHAT THE **** !

giphy.gif

(that was my rant of the day)

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Yes sorry Licore, but I do not like having to pay $99.99 for the right to ... work on content production.

Seriously, I really do not know how they have managed to do this, but some companies in the game industry have succeeded in putting that "everything is paying" in the head of people.

You want to work for us as a tester during the beta ? Extra cost ! You want some aditional content that should be in the initial game ? Extra cost ! You want to pre-order the game, in case the stock of digital copies are unaivailable ? Extra cost ! You want to access a part of the forum/devblog ? Extra cost ! You want some experience or new objects ? Extra cost ! You want a horse to go faster ? Extra cost ! Etc...

And the worst part is that the youngest finds this totally normal !
Sometime they even find arguments to defend such practices.

WHAT THE **** !

https://media.giphy.com/media/TdmTcdoN3egaQ/giphy.gif
(that was my rant of the day)

Sigh... You're right Angelis. I remember the times that it was different. Good times they were.

Some companies really abuse players and use them as 'milking cows', such as *kuch*EA*ahum*.

I understand Frontier uses this practice too, but with Frontier it is for financing development of Planet Coaster, like Kickstarter works. For some *ahum* companies, it's just pure profit.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Oh, and about the above an addition; I feel the same as Will Smith.

I understand Frontier uses this practice too, but with Frontier it is for financing development of Planet Coaster, like Kickstarter works. For some *ahum* companies, it's just pure profit.
Hmmmm ...

I remember one time, if you wanted to develop a video game, you were going, with your project under your arm, see your banker for a loan, taking a real risk.
THIS was true entrepreneurs ! With balls !!!

Everyone knows that this concept of crowdfunding is not a way to find funds (because it's easier than we might think), but a means to reduce the risks to the strict minimum.
Before this brilliant/evil idea, the directors had such pressure. If the game was not good, it was very serious, financially speaking. Now ? No problem, it's the users who take (almost) all the risk.

This "Kickstarter" thing should be EXCLUSIVELY for independent developers (who work alone) or the studios under X employees.
When you are Frontier, with around 250 employees, with your own game engine and over 20 years of existence, it's really simple to have the confidence of a bank.
(I am sure that more than half of the country's banks would have agreed to fund PlanetCoaster)

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thank you Angelis for your view on this matter. I see now you are right. Besides, I found that Elite Dangerous has a lot of in-game purchases too. This is a sad global development, but our choices are limited. If you want extras, you have to pay (a lot) extra.

I wish you the best! [happy]

Last edited:
I agree with Angelis.
Speaking of my personal condition, my budget it's extremely limited, and I have to save a year for a game costing more than 40€.
I don't want to go off-topic, but I feel that this is necessary.
Microtransactions are awful and a plague which is spreading nowadays and I really miss the good old games which you bought once and then you have everything at your hands. Now it's full of free-to-play and often are pay-to-win. I really, really wish that PC will be released with the RCT3 method: base game will keep you busy for a long time, then you have 2 expansion pack released after some time, with a good price for all that content included. That's what I'm expecting from PC.
The worst hypotesis is the following: you purchase PC for 50€/$ (Which may be an adequate price for a full release). The following day you realise that you need to individually purchase, let's say, various flat rides - which quality is higher than the standard one -. Then more and more of this.
I know two examples of videogames, one being Team Fortress 2, which I stopped playing around 2 years ago, due to the awful decision to implement F2P and well, the developers just gave the players who originally bought the game a cosmetic item. More players joined the game since that, but a lot of veterans left, because they felt it like a betrayal.
The same thing happened to another videogame, Payday 2, which, in addition to the game which needs to be purchased, you'll have just 50% of it (or even less!) because the rest is all DLC and since a recent update, microtransactions.
How can a player like me, who doesn't have all that economic possibilities, to finally be able to play a full game? I beg of you Frontier, please do not put the demonic microtransaction system.
I realize that the Coaster Head feature and the pre-order can really help to additionally fund the game, but after it's been released, please avoid that... infamous system. After all, if the games proves to be a success, is it really necessary to be as greedy as some other game companies? I trust you, but please, if microtransactions are going to be implemented, I'd like - at least - a detailed good reason for putting them.

Sorry for my rant and the venting out, but I'd really like to see a Frontier which works because they love their job, their games, their users instead of money.

I remember one time, if you wanted to develop a video game, you were going, with your project under your arm, see your banker for a loan, taking a real risk. THIS was true entrepreneurs ! With balls !!!
Totally agree. With a good idea and a solid project, as well as having this responsibility and knowing that you cannot fail, (otherwise, well, you're going to be in troubles) you'd do everything to create a perfect game. And I personally think that when you're finished with your project, and it's a success, the reward is much, much bigger.

Top Bottom