Sadists Local 436 (Feedback to Devs)

Greetings Plantetary Purveyors Of Amusement Pleasure

First, I became wildly obsessed with RCT3 many years ago! I have a newish computer and yet for some reason, could not get RCT3 to work on there not too long ago, so when I heard about this game, I got curious. Ive been a gamer since Star Wars Galaxies, which had some sandbox elements for sure. So I must begin this post by offering a sincere compliment to devs and the tone they are establishing via their live streams. Like every gaming company out there, esp EA, could learn a ton from you guys! Seriously. I super appreciate the fact that you appreciate the importance of the community, your fan base. So, Bravo! More of that.

Ironically, the only time Ive sensed any "top down" (and it was VERY minimal), is on this topic of of water rides. And while Ive read various posts on the subject on here, I felt that a closet group of us was not being represented- Water Ride Sadists. We are an obsessive lot to say the least, and frankly, if you give us all manner of ways to torture peeps- you will have our game dollars, you will have our micro transaction dollars and IM NOT KIDDING, if you make a t-shirt just for our type, WE WILL buy it! And wear it proudly.

So you ask, what exactly, is a water ride sadist? Im glad you asked. WARNING: Not for the faint of heart!

There are several key elements to a water ride living up to sadist mastery. Heigth and speed are CRITICAL, because we will spend hours winding, twisting and turning our water ride elevations and tracks all with one OBSESSION in mind. We want to launch the peeps as far and as high as we possibly can. We want to terrorize that peep down to their bones!!! BWAHHHHH!!!

You see for us, the pay off all comes down to the build up (all the things we do to peeps before they launch), the actual launch itself (which is a high like no other), what they fly THROUGH as they are air born (we take great pride in this), the feable sounds they make while they are air born ("oh no" from a terrified peep is like champagne mainlined into our souls) and the landing. Now, with regards to the landing, we want the peep to THINK he or she WONT make it or will overshoot, this is KEY to our sadistic satisfication. So barely landing in the pool on the front or back- perfect! A safe landing dead center- far too humane.

In RCT3, there was the ability to trigger effects. So for me, the last few tracks pre-launch was MASSIVE amounts of fire. As the peep would fly through the air, just as they began the downward progression, they flu through that Indiana Jones animation with the blades and boulder. I spent hours getting the timing right to where the blades almost always JUST MISSED the peeps. And of course, I set it on fire.

So while I get you may be tiring of the water park questions, I wanted to offer a humble point of view from a group of us that like to torture, terrify and haunt your peeps by LAUNCHING THEM in so many wonderful and delicious ways.

Many thanks-
The Texas Traumanatior

Last edited:
Sadly, back then I did not know how to record such things, WHICH KILLS ME, because to relive those moments would be, well, sublime. I do know how to now, even have a Yeti microphone (used for business, BUT could be used to narrate!). I will not make that mistake again and yes, look forward to many such videos of delcious mayhem!

Greetings Plantetary Purveyors Of Amusement Pleasure

First, I became wildly obsessed with RCT3 many years ago! I have a newish computer and yet for some reason, could not get RCT3 to work on there not too long ago, so when I heard about this game, I got curious. Ive been a gamer since Star Wars Galaxies, which had some sandbox elements for sure. So I must begin this post by offering a sincere compliment to devs and the tone they are establishing via their live streams. Like every gaming company out there, esp EA, could learn a ton from you guys! Seriously. I super appreciate the fact that you appreciate the importance of the community, your fan base. So, Bravo! More of that.

Ironically, the only time Ive sensed any "top down" (and it was VERY minimal), is on this topic of of water rides. And while Ive read various posts on the subject on here, I felt that a closet group of us was not being represented- Water Ride Sadists. We are an obsessive lot to say the least, and frankly, if you give us all manner of ways to torture peeps- you will have our game dollars, you will have our micro transaction dollars and IM NOT KIDDING, if you make a t-shirt just for our type, WE WILL buy it! And wear it proudly.

So you ask, what exactly, is a water ride sadist? Im glad you asked. WARNING: Not for the faint of heart!

There are several key elements to a water ride living up to sadist mastery. Heigth and speed are CRITICAL, because we will spend hours winding, twisting and turning our water ride elevations and tracks all with one OBSESSION in mind. We want to launch the peeps as far and as high as we possibly can. We want to terrorize that peep down to their bones!!! BWAHHHHH!!!

You see for us, the pay off all comes down to the build up (all the things we do to peeps before they launch), the actual launch itself (which is a high like no other), what they fly THROUGH as they are air born (we take great pride in this), the feable sounds they make while they are air born ("oh no" from a terrified peep is like champagne mainlined into our souls) and the landing. Now, with regards to the landing, we want the peep to THINK he or she WONT make it or will overshoot, this is KEY to our sadistic satisfication. So barely landing in the pool on the front or back- perfect! A safe landing dead center- far too humane.

In RCT3, there was the ability to trigger effects. So for me, the last few tracks pre-launch was MASSIVE amounts of fire. As the peep would fly through the air, just as they began the downward progression, they flu through that Indiana Jones animation with the blades and boulder. I spent hours getting the timing right to where the blades almost always JUST MISSED the peeps. And of course, I set it on fire.

So while I get you may be tiring of the water park questions, I wanted to offer a humble point of view from a group of us that like to torture, terrify and haunt your peeps by LAUNCHING THEM in so many wonderful and delicious ways.

Many thanks-
The Texas Traumanatior

So what are your thoughts on peoples request for handicaped peeps?

Well, we have no control as to which "peep" gets on the rides. But no, this is all in good fun. I don't think I would go there, not the intent of this post. Just playfully speaking to one aspect of water park fun.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I wish I had made videos! Now I have a Yeti (for business podcasting) and such, so I could do video capture. That would be fun.

@OP: Not sure what you did, but RCT3 (Platinum or base plus the two expansions) runs perfectly even on the most modern computers - I am still playing (with modified and maxed graphics on 1920*1080 resolution). My experience is with Windows 7 64-bit, btw.

The most stunning fact is that a maxed out RCT3 actually has better graphics than RCTW...

Back on topic: totally with you, but first of all we would need support for water parks in PC - not sure we will see that before an expansion pack, if at all.

Well, we have no control as to which "peep" gets on the rides. But no, this is all in good fun. I don't think I would go there, not the intent of this post. Just playfully speaking to one aspect of water park fun.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I wish I had made videos! Now I have a Yeti (for business podcasting) and such, so I could do video capture. That would be fun.

I meant no disrespect to you or real people who are bound to a wheelchair, I was just wondering what your thoughts were when it came to the possible slapstick humor that could be pulled off with badly designed wheelchair ramps, poorly placed stairs, and the potential misuse of rental scooters by those who may or may not actually need them.(Not to mention the humor of that annoying brat that pushes all the buttons on the elevator before dodging out the door to leave people stuck waiting longer to get to their floor.)

Top Bottom