Will the guests actually queue up for the rides this time?

I have just downloaded the alpha and looking forward to getting into it tonight. After recently playing RCT3 and all of it's expansions one thing that really bothered me was how the guests would not actually queue in any sort of number for the rides. You could have a marvellous coaster with high excitment, mid intensity and low nausea, yet see a trickle of people go on it. We all know that in real life, the queues for these types of rides is immense. It didn't really stop there though. I could have a park whith 1500+peeps and the paths would be choked with people, yet hardly anyone on my rides. It also made entertainers utterly useless as their whole reason for being was mainly keeping people in long queues from not getting annoyed.

Will this be addressed in Planet Coaster as it was incredibly immersion breaking and disappointing to see so few people try out your new creations. As we are only in Alpha, I obviously have no idea how much of the simulation side of things is in the game, but it would be good to get clarification from the devs whether the above points will be handled differently in Planet Coaster?

Last edited:
The groups in RCT3 crippled the peeps, they were constantly having to manage each member's needs which meant less riding and more managing. If you download Peep Factory, you can generate thousands of individual peeps and your lines will fill up.

With Planet Coaster, the groups are back but they now act as one unit. If one eats, they all eat. One drinks, they all drink. Gotta pee? let's pee together! If one doesn't want to ride with the group, they'll wait by the exit (not yet implemented-currently they all ride together). My lines in the alpha fill up nicely.

Last edited:
If one doesn't want to ride with the group, they'll wait by the exit (not yet implemented-currently they all ride together). My lines in the alpha fill up nicely.

I have been asking about this a few times now, didn't know it was officially stated. I am really glad to hear this is being added. I really hope the guest who waits by the exit doesn't just stand idly by (like not moving), they should find a bench or a place to take pictures or something. Maybe they could even use nearby facilities (such as food/bathroom, etc) while waiting for the rest of the group, especially if its a long wait. They should know how long it will take (like for a ride with a long queues) so they can utilize their time to grab food for the rest of their group and still make it back in time to take a picture and meet at the exit.

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Great thread!

This was one of the biggest flaws in RCT3 in my opinion. In real life there are always que lines for coasters. Even the flatrides have some filled que lines most of the time. In RCT3 the system was "broken" because nearly half of your visitors were doing nothing because they were "waiting for group".

The Alpha seems very promising as most of my rides have they que lines filled. Hopefully this will remain that way!

Great thread!

This was one of the biggest flaws in RCT3 in my opinion. In real life there are always que lines for coasters. Even the flatrides have some filled que lines most of the time. In RCT3 the system was "broken" because nearly half of your visitors were doing nothing because they were "waiting for group".

The Alpha seems very promising as most of my rides have they que lines filled. Hopefully this will remain that way!

Forever alone = waiting for group. Apparently RCT3 was a forever alone simulator. [big grin]

That was the absolute worst part of RCT 3.

But it was worsened by the fact that you could have a guest that needs something, and keeps getting kicked out of the command. For example, if I had a guest that wanted food, he would have to wait for group, go to food, wait for group, get in line, get kicked out of line (or line was too busy), wait for group, go for ride, stop midway to ride, wait for group, go get food, etc...

99% of the time the peeps were figuring out what to do and not doing anything!

Oh my gosh it is the one thing I love so much about PC, they fill the queue to the most. It is so nice to see them all fill up the queue. I love it. That is the one thing I don't like about RCTW, no one goes on the rides. I cannot make them happy at all, they all walk around so sad.
In PC, they are all so happy, having a fun time. I just love the peeps in PC, they are happy. Love this game

There was another problem in RCT3, even queue times of JUST 15 minutes made them leave the queue, as it was "too long" for them. In RCT2 I managed to get a coaster with queue time of 137 minutes, very realistic and people never left the queue. I hope Planet Coaster will have the guests behave realistic too and don't just walk out so easily as they did in RCT3.

Top Bottom