Dev Diary Part One - The Individual Experience

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
The wait is over! Our first Dev Diary for Planet Coaster is here for your viewing pleasure. The joy of the crowd starts with the joy of an individual, and that's the magic that we wanted to capture. The team talk about the philosophy behind creating a living, vibrant, and personality-driven crowd. It all starts with an individual.

The crowd bring everything you have to life, because they're the reason why you build it in the first place.

[video=youtube;7tyWUT0UsZE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tyWUT0UsZE[/video]

Happy to see some movement happening in providing information after a long time of silence (as i pre-ordered, it did make me a bit nervous)

Aye good to see! Frontier have a tendency to wait until there's something polished to show. Which is always great when something arrives as it usually blows you away!

The over head zooming out shot in this video did it for me! Imagine the thousands strong crowds the Cobra engine can manage now!

Can't wait.

Iain

Last edited:

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Agreed, looks very nice indeed. Great work FD. [big grin]

Last edited:
Amazing work thus far!! I'm so excited about this game now, so happy I purchased the Head Club and beta access!! I would love to get into the Alpha as well and play till my fingers no longer work!!!!!

The first Dev blog is awesome. More than i ever thought to be possible in a Theme Park simulation. The flow of those park visitors is really great. The animations, pathfinding, group behaviour and of course they don't walk through each other anymore!
Oh KnoxVegas, you bought 2 packages? I just bought the standard edition (can't update it) when it was available, because i wasn't sure what to buy and i was hoping there would come a package in the future that includes everything. I want Beta access plus VIP forum and special Dev diaries.

Philip Coutts

Volunteer Moderator
Everything about this makes me smile. Beautiful art direction and it just looks like it's going to be so much fun!

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
It's the thought that's going into how the crowd acts and reacts.

Devil is in the detail, love it.

Have been watching this video four times now and i am still discovering things. This is really nice.

Can't agree with you any more. I have been seeing things come out in the video that I didn't notice the first 5 times watching it, this is to much fun!

Mut77ey

M
Looking great. Love the crowd flow tech, it looks pretty natural which is half the battle.

Some very good info regarding the game, looking forward to future updates. The team at Frontier are looking very passionate towards the game, which means that hard work is being put in. The peep animation looks very fluid and will bring parks to life, especially with large numbers of them.

Just amazing ! Like i said on facebook everything seems alive, it's awesome.

Congrats to the team and ... cant wait for the part 2 of the dev diary !

Amazing crowd looks good if evreything look as good as the peeps and thats how you make a blog / Vlog atari with there stupid [where is it][where is it][where is it][where is it]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom