km/h instead of m/s

i think its more helpfull to have the coaster lim launch, brakes displayed in km/h. for me it makes more sense, ive never seen a coaster displayed in m/s.

anyone else have thoughts on this?

Last edited:
No, miles for me, height in feet too...I hate metric (mentioned that on here before somewhere [big grin])

As Mrcow says, make a play for both will keep everyone happy, shouldn't be hard to implement.

Last edited:
I agree, km/h makes more sense for measure higher speeds like for coasters or cars. m/s is like measuring the wind or a person running. [up]

No, miles for me, height in feet too...I hate metric
Oh h*ll NO! [tongue]

I'm so glad UK finally got over to the metric system! Now, it only the US left to conker. [big grin]

Last edited:
Would be nice to have both!

I wonder if somebody is reading that small paragraph!
If yes, tell me!

Last edited:
Oh h*ll NO! [tongue]

I'm so glad UK finally got over to the metric system! Now, it only the US left to conker. [big grin]

Ya what, the UK has been rubbish at adopting the metric system. Yeah we officially have adopted it, apart from mph. And let's be fair it wasn't till the year 2000 that it became a legal requirement for everyone to sell using the metric system.

In regards to the actual topic and OP, I would like to see options for MPH & KPH and height markers which I assume will be added to game both in feet and inches as well as meters.

It is such a simple thing to introduce in the options menu later on.

km/h for me too. m/s confusing for me. But at least it is not mph! ;) But apparently it is better to have settings, different people and all.

km/h for me too. m/s confusing for me. But at least it is not mph! ;) But apparently it is better to have settings, different people and all.

What's wrong with mph haha. A lot of us only understand speed in that term. I for one have to look up a conversion chart to understand kph.

In regards to m/s (meters per second) the only time that comes into context that I know it is for firearms.

Ya what, the UK has been rubbish at adopting the metric system.

Too right, I think we officially odopted it in 1965 didn't we, in principle at least, and here we are 50yrs later still giving it the 2 fingers[big grin]

We'll never accept it fully, are roads are still mph and the signs are displayed in yrds, and the people in daily language give their weight in stones/lbs, and height in feet inches etc.

And hopefully if we 'vote leave' next month the house of cards that is this EU dictatorship, will come crumbling down, and we get to revert back one day, well that is my dream [squeeeeee]

After all, the USA is the biggest and greatest nation, and they see nothing wrong with it.

Last edited:
Well I do agree on the ability to choose the setting, most of the world does use the metric system. And this is all personal preference, so it simply shouldn't be one or the other, but both (maybe all four: kph and mph; m/s and ft/s).

(Green countries use the metric system, though of course for some countries it could be similar to the UK)
940px-Metric_system_adoption_map.svg.png

Well I do agree on the ability to choose the setting, most of the world does use the metric system. And this is all personal preference, so it simply shouldn't be one or the other, but both (maybe all four: kph and mph; m/s and ft/s).

(Green countries use the metric system, though of course for some countries it could be similar to the UK)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe....svg/940px-Metric_system_adoption_map.svg.png

I think the best way to satisfy everyone is to make a toggle. And a height marker I forgot but can be really helpful! So you can make more realistic coasters: )

940px-Metric_system_adoption_map.svg.png

I just don't see why we in the US should be forced into using a system that we are not used to, is not used in our country, or we just don't like. That is why I soggested a way to make it optional. Possibly this could be placed in the settings so that we can choose which we want.

Last edited:
I just don't see why we in the US should be forced into using a system that we are not used to, is not used in our country, or we just don't like. That is why I soggested a way to make it optional. Possibly this could be placed in the settings so that we can choose which we want.

Nope, I completely agree, because I don't want to be forced to use the "other" system (Imperial I think it's called). So just have an option in the settings to choose.

Guys, you forgot that most of these countries using a metric system never in existence had to deal with an imperial measurement system. In my country you can barely find a teacher who knows how long a a mile is. Nobody ever had to use things like that here so when we see feet and yards we are really confused. Now we can check everything on the internet, but while you are playing games this doesn't mean anything. We hear it in movies and shows and we really can't see the scale of things in our heads. Nobody teaches it in schools unless you go for US history major or something equally obscure.
Every game needs a metric system as much as they needed Secam and Pal back in the days.

Guys, you forgot that most of these countries using a metric system never in existence had to deal with an imperial measurement system. In my country you can barely find a teacher who knows how long a a mile is. Nobody ever had to use things like that here so when we see feet and yards we are really confused. Now we can check everything on the internet, but while you are playing games this doesn't mean anything. We hear it in movies and shows and we really can't see the scale of things in our heads. Nobody teaches it in schools unless you go for US history major or something equally obscure.
Every game needs a metric system as much as they needed Secam and Pal back in the days.

And every game needs an imperial system for those who don't use metric and that is why I suggested an option in the settings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom