Half loops?

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
hmzz, i was playing around with the "americana" coaster and was trying to make a half loop into a corkscrew.
Something like the picture but then only 1 half of it.

The picture has : half loop -> corkscrew -> corkscrew -> half loop
I just want to have : half loop -> corkscrew

40101.800.jpg

But is it just me or can't we make those?
(Either that or i just have no clue on how to do it)

Last edited:
We can but the way to do it is a bit....underdeveloped. [mouth shut] It involves deleting parts of the track and reconnectng them. I don't remember the name of the vid I saw of that on youtube but it is possible.

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
We can but the way to do it is a bit....underdeveloped. [mouth shut] It involves deleting parts of the track and reconnectng them. I don't remember the name of the vid I saw of that on youtube but it is possible.

Ok, was affraid so...

They really need to update that because it's a pretty common track element.
Hmz, im pretty content with the coaster builder so far but there is really some important stuff missing.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Well,

Let's hope they do to the coaster editor in Alpha 3 what they did with the path editor in Alpha 2.
Updating it from "okay" to "awesome" [tongue]

You're referring to a "sidewinder" - a half loop with a twist that turns perpendicular to the half loop. The ride in your photo combines a sidewinder and a mirrored sidewinder, and the result is called a "boomerang".

I would expect a lot more elements are in development, I mean, look at this Wiki for a list of some (not all) coaster elements. Many of them aren't in the game yet.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
You're referring to a "sidewinder" - a half loop with a twist that turns perpendicular to the half loop. The ride in your photo combines a sidewinder and a mirrored sidewinder, and the result is called a "boomerang".

I would expect a lot more elements are in development, I mean, look at this Wiki for a list of some (not all) coaster elements. Many of them aren't in the game yet.

Im quite a theme park addict and a coasterfreak but i never found the passion to know all the names about track elements so im pretty sure you are 100% right. [big grin]

I hope the sidewinder and the doublesidewinder/boomerang will make it in the game as its a very often used element. Either pre-constructed or being able to do it myself. Im okay with both options as long as i can build it. But i have all trust in Frontier they will make it right.

Hmmm, the Boomerang is the Type of this standard Layout from Vekoma. The Element itself is more often known as a "Cobra Roll". On the Boomerangs, its a slightly other Shaping than on the Big ones from B&M or something like it.

Top Bottom