New content?

Hi everyone [happy]

I am loving this update (and I'm sure you all are too) but it is annoying that we have to wait about 2 months for new content [cry] I understand that these updates take a lot of time and effort but all that I am asking is maybe have 1 or 2 updates while we wait just adding in a new Flat Ride or Scenery Piece? Obviously I don't expect this to happen but it would be amazing if it could! Let me know what you guys this of the idea. Bye!

This was brought up a few weeks before Alpha 2 and they basically said this won't happen. Throwing in a new ride or scenery every couple of weeks is something RCTW does to keep people playing the game, Frontier don't do things that way.

Hello!

I think is comes down to this.... they want to get game features and tools in first, and waiting 2 month between updates allows them to find and fix the majority of the bugs and also ensure they have not introduced new ones via in house testing. Weekly updates that are not check correctly would most likely lead to the introduction of further unforeseen bugs.

For them, adding more in game content will be easier enough once the final systems and game features are fully implemented. And to be honest I'd rather they concentrate on the game features, than add more content at this stage....

Remember this is an alpha stage.... I'm sure we'll have loads of added contents and assets once we reach beta and release [big grin]

This was brought up a few weeks before Alpha 2 and they basically said this won't happen. Throwing in a new ride or scenery every couple of weeks is something RCTW does to keep people playing the game, Frontier don't do things that way.

All I can say is 'Good'.

Anyway, dont be so impatient, if they added a flat ride every fortnight and a new kind of wall and some scenery items every week, no updates would be special or interesting. Also, you have to bear in mind that this game is in development, having large, decent sized updates makes it alot easier to track down faults and bugs. For example, most of us know that we're in Alpha 2 now, but is it was an update every week, we'd soon loose track of what version we had when reporting errors. Not everyone plays every day, so it would be easy to log on and find a major bug after a couple of weeks not playing and not know what version it could have appeared in.

Then theres the fact it takes at least a couple of weeks to make a really decent park, if they had updates all the time, you'd be running the risk of breaking people's hard work every week, not good. At least this way, most of us will have an Alpha 1 park, now working on an Alpha 2 park and be finishing by the time Alpha 3 comes out, in time to start a new one with all the new features that update will bring.

Last edited:
Honestly, I would rather get the mechanics down before content. If we get all the content now, the release of the game won't be nearly as special since we would have been playing with most of the game long before it comes out. This way, the game will be solid, and we will have an impressive update of content upon launch to play with.

I guess you are all right. RCTW do have these updates every few weeks but they do not change the game at all! Its just such a shame we have to wait so long. I'm just so impatient [cry] I got to admit though, its worth the wait in the end as there is so much detail put into everything! They do an amazing job.

Top Bottom