Parks Wilshire Park - A Timeline Story

Hello! I started a new park. I plan to take this as a timeline project and create the park from groundbreaking construction in 1989 to the current year and share the progress and news events! The story will be told through the narrative of the the park's General Manager. (Side note, sorry for a couple screenshots having the buildings panel open. I am so mad at myself for capturing the shots with that open! I just got too ahead of myself!)

***EDIT: Links for pics should be working now!***

Welcome to Wilshire Park! My name is Jim Johnson and I am the General Manager of Wilshire Park! I am part of the Wilshire family and Wilshire Enterprises and I am so excited to share the development of this new park. Construction has begun and while we anticipate a quick opening, we hope to officially open our gates for the 1990 season!

Here at Wilshire Enterprises, we wanted to take our love for uniting families and bringing joy to your life. We anticipate this being a massive investment to do just that! We recently purchased a plot of land from the city of Perry Falls, MD. The land was once occupied by a small travelling fair. This company flourished in its prime and began to develop the land for permanent attractions.

Many of these attractions have sadly fallen into despair and are un-salvageable. However, one centerpiece attraction is the Skyliner Giant Star Wheel! We have had several companies out to inspect the magnificent ride and we are hopeful this beauty will be refurbished and open with the park!

We are on schedule to open with 2 main sections of the park for our guests to enjoy. The entry will consist of the Main Street Midway and we will develop a small section of the park to Pirate's Village. Both areas boasting rides when we open!

Now on to some pictures of the progress of the park! Not too much to see as the ground work is just beginning!

First I want to share our Park Logo that was just finalized!

Some paths have been laid showing the general vicinity of Main Street Midway. The Skyliner Star Wheel once sat to the left of the entrance where we have since constructed our entry restrooms. We have sent the attraction to be refurbished before being placed in it's final spot!

Work continues during the daytime on the Main Street Buildings!

Here the first large building is complete. Off the main entrance we have the entry bathrooms and Guest relations!

I was able to stop by during the daytime and get some more photos of the construction on the front entrance for you all! The entry is going to be a beautiful welcoming of brick and stone buildings!

Here is a daytime shot of our main entry restrooms and the beginning construction of our guest relations building.

And one final shot of the entry construction!

Check back next time when I check in on some of the Pirate Village construction, which is zooming along! I hear the parks junior coaster is looking very nice ;)

Last edited:
Is it just me? Or does that last pic of the entrance look very similar to RCTW? (much better though, obviously) LoL I like it!

It looks to me that those buildings are on the other side of the park boundary line. How on earth did you do that? I have never been able to achieve that. Nice Work though.

It looks to me that those buildings are on the other side of the park boundary line. How on earth did you do that? I have never been able to achieve that. Nice Work though.

I used the park for the coaster King. I really was happy they made the entrance to this park look less super modern and more classical. I drew inspiration from that entrance and I kind of rolled with it.

Also, thanks for the feedback everyone!

Hello! And welcome back to another progress report for Wilshire Park. It has been a few weeks and construction is really moving fast. We met some time ago with a company called Arrow Dynamics to design our parks main staple attraction to thrills guests with. I have seen the plans and it looks great! A little more on that later. Let's jump right into the pictures.

First, here is a picture of the park's junior coaster, Little Moby. When complete it will have some great close to the terrain curves! The coaster is nestled in the back of Pirate Village

Speaking of Pirate Village, a lot of work has been done on this area. Here is the park's first outdoor theatre, "Captain Shire Theatre." This stage will host a variety of shows.

Here are a couple shots at the night view of some early testing of the lights at Captain Shire's Theatre

The park is really starting to shape up and be very beautiful filled with foilage that immerses the guest in the environment!

When entering Pirate Village, a large Swinging Ship greets you from atop the hill. This ride is the centerpiece for Pirate Village!

More work has been done on the entry plaza, main gate restrooms and guest relations. (We invited city officials and their families along with our investors to a preview day of the work going on!

A couple new food options are complete and ready to feed the masses!

The parks entry also received its welcoming fountain

Another shot of the completed main gat restrooms and guest relations just off the front entrance.

We will conclude with an overview of the entry plaza!

We are open for business! Let's have a tour around the park!

Main Entrance Midway

An overview of the park on opening day!

Little Moby is all themed and ready!

Here is the Midway Theatre. Here we have short shows for passing guests to enjoy!

Behind Midway Theatre is the park's event pavillion to host private, catered events!

Our main thrill attraction, Corkscrew!

Looking down the midway towards Pirate Village, Corkscrew on the right

Kickflip was added as our last attraction to open with the park on its first year

An overview of Pirate Village complete!

Hmmm what is this? Well I can give a few details, we have already planned a very large expansion for the 1992 season. All I can say is, Howdy Partner...

When our company envisioned this park we had a giant plan and we cannot wait to show you what we have in store!

Top Bottom