Why divide your fanbase and deny fans your dev updates?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm wondering why you, Frontier, have decided to divide your whole fanbase between those who pre-order and those who don't? And why those who pre-order get more dev updates? What is the reasoning behind this than just crazy EA-like capitalism? I mean not even EA is this greedy. And you ever heard of Open Beta tests? Why pay to play an unfinished game? I wanna know

Last edited:
Hey, I'm wondering why you, Frontier, have decided to divide your whole fanbase between those who pre-order and those who don't? And why those who pre-order get more dev updates? What is the reasoning behind this than just crazy EA-like capitalism? I mean not even EA is this greedy. And you ever heard of Open Beta tests? Why pay to play an unfinished game? I wanna know
I don't know what your mean but no body who pre-order the game get more Dev Updates. I think you mean Coaster Head club. But that is the idea of the Coaster Head Club. You get more updates because you supported Frontier by a tip. So don't be jealous or buy Coaster Head Club!

A bit off-topic, but r u in the coaster head club if you preorder the early access version ??

No. There are 2 ways . U can buy exclusively CHC Pass (wich costs arround 40€), or buy he Planet Coaster Special CHC edition, where u buy the game with CHC pass.

The Early Bird doesen't includes CHC edition :/ Just the game and Alfas/Betas rounds starting at March.

What's the reason you can't accept all the thinks we do? All those who pays more becomes more than other who are to stingy. If you want to decide to buy or not, you have just to wait until the game comes out and were tested by all the magazines. Than you can decide if it's ok or not to buy. No one forces you to be a part of the fan base here.

Why we paying for alpha? It's an investment and therefore we can play/test the game to guarantee that someone like you who aren't willing to pay for early access are happy with the result!

Last edited by a moderator:
look, i'm gonna be honest, i haven't pre-ordered the game yet.
now, don't get me wrong, i would LOVE to have the game, but for money reasons, im not getting the game NOW (but very soon),
but i completely understand why they made the coaster head club, they payed and helped more than i have, so they should be rewarded for that!
if you honestly think that frontier will give out free games every where, need NO money what so ever, and everybody will be happy, you're crazy.
they're a company, they wanna make a good game, so they need money for that.
they're trying to make money, AND make an amazing game.

look, i'm gonna be honest, i haven't pre-ordered the game yet.
now, don't get me wrong, i would LOVE to have the game, but for money reasons, im not getting the game NOW (but very soon),
but i completely understand why they made the coaster head club, they payed and helped more than i have, so they should be rewarded for that!
if you honestly think that frontier will give out free games every where, need NO money what so ever, and everybody will be happy, you're crazy.
they're a company, they wanna make a good game, so they need money for that.
they're trying to make money, AND make an amazing game.

[up]

I guess it is also a good way to guage the interest in the game that is being developed. Taking out the Coaster head membership provides valuable feedback to Frontier, and not just financially, Frontier then rewards its members.

It would take too long to list companies that offer a similar service to its customers :)

Yea I agree with most on here. Coaster Head Membership is basically a support system and for supporting they get special benefits of knowing more than general public and I don't see nothing wrong with it. I'm not currently a member but when I'm able to I will be because I want to see the game succeed and I'd also like to get more insight to the development. I personally don't feel like it's a divide in the fan base, it's just basic business mate.

I admit that that the Coaster Head is far too expensive for what it is (I bought it just to support their work, after long meditation)

... but not a bad idea either...

There's no need to make it sound so much worse than it is. This is hardly 'dividing the community'

You get access to some information beforehand.. woah look out. It's not like their withholding gameplay content from a fully released game.

On second though, I think I just got trolled. After re-reading OP, I'm not sure if it's even a serious thread :/

Ok so why does everyone complain when EA or Ubisoft does this, but not when Frontier does it? There's no consistency.
Even if you're right, it's become a standard in the PC video game industry, to charge the alpha/beta access. Sad, but what can we do ? Nothing !

You know, it's like StarWars :
If they go too far in the dark side (with an overly aggressive pricing policy), there will be a balance in the force, and players will begin to hack the game.
For now, this is "acceptable"

And, even if it's too expensive, the "Coaster Head Club" is here more to support the team than anything else. And by the way, seeing the work they have shown us so far, there is no reason to complain, at least, for now.

- If it's just during the game development period (to fund part of the development), this is not going to break their corporate image (well a bit, but this is too negligible to worry about)
- If they apply the same strategy after the release, they will end up like the last SimCity, or like any other "frequently illegally downloaded games" (like you said : EA/Ubi Games)

Conclusion :
No need to panic for the moment, it's just borderline, but still okay.

Ok so why does everyone complain when EA or Ubisoft does this, but not when Frontier does it? There's no consistency.

For one, Frontier is not a huge publisher. They money of people that want to help them (they aren't forcing anyone here) actually helps them go around the first phases. They are not forcing you. You are given the same info 1 or 2 days later. And Q&A being payed is helpful becuase they actually get a smaller amount of more intelligent questions that they can ALL answer, insted of a bunch of 12 year olds asking stupid questions and the dev, with already little time because its more important to work on the game than do this, looses valuable time cherrypicking questions in a lists of hudreds.
And then there's the alpha (that is actually not in the CHC membership), alpha are NOT usually given to the public (what you are actually giving for free are usually BETAS, and are used for bug testing with a large number of people), you are basically paying to have a little taste of the game, and having the full game when the time comes.
Its more like a preorder that comes with a bonus.

And talking about preorders, this situation is more similar to a kickstarter porject, than a cash grab EA, Ubisoft or Activision usually like to do. It could seem the same to you, but you really need to see them with a different vision, because its really not the same situation.

I hope that answers the question about why this not being frowned up by.

Last edited:

Because Frontier acts as if there's people with common sense behind their words. The mentioned EA and Ubi acts like a hungry money cow.

You can buy a ticket for concerts from XY for 50€ to view it. Or you can buy a VIPs ticket for 200€ to stay at the backstage and see your favorite star for few second passing you by.

No one forces the poor people here to buy all the stuff here. The game will completely be playable without VIP, or head club, or alpha. Just for 26€.

So guys what are you talking about here? If you wants all the club member stuff, and vip stuff for free. Than I would if i were frontier increase the price up to 50-60€ for standard. Than you got everything in there but you have to pay more!

So there is 26€ against 60€. Shut up Guys and stop crying! And don't come with "don't be rude" or " I have rights to say what I want here" comments.

If I were you I would activate my brain first before posting! With YOU I mean everybody who don't understand what i am saying!

Edit:
And happy new year for all my followers!:)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom