Lights and trusses

The option to place spots is just awesome. Since I'm a light-technician as a profession it brings a perfect edge on this already awesome game.

I think it would be nice and efficient if you could select multiple spots so you can focus/aim more spots at once. Now it's kinda boring and slow to select each spot, one at the time.
Working with these spots I thought it might be great to add real trusses (and truss-corners) in te game, as a building piece or prob, so you can build real riggs and grids like we do in real life :)

What do you guys think?

Greetings Goolie from Holland

Selecting multiple spotlights to edit at the same time would save me time adjusting them all individually. Right now the only way to do this is to adjust one the way you want and then duplicate. Unfortunately, it sometimes alters position when getting moved to a new location or the advanced move is pointing in bad directions.

Personally, I've been making use of spotlights where they make sense. I really enjoy the new lighting options available to us! I particularly like to do up-lighting on some coaster elements and buildings. Might be a good idea to add an intensity / throw / power slider to the spotlights. Sometimes they don't reach far enough or reach farther than desired.

Getting really in depth, they could add an element of electricity to the game, where you have a monthly electric bill and it could be lowered using more efficient items like LED lighting. You could also add solar panels and wind mills to generate electricity, maybe if you recycle a certain amount of garbage and have a green park then you could get awards and such.

Getting really in depth, they could add an element of electricity to the game, where you have a monthly electric bill and it could be lowered using more efficient items like LED lighting. You could also add solar panels and wind mills to generate electricity, maybe if you recycle a certain amount of garbage and have a green park then you could get awards and such.
I kind of like the wind mill and "going green" idea, a little bit. But I cant see this being a major feature, maybe as UGC though?

I haven't seen this, where is it?
I think he meant, compared to RCT3, maybe?

Last edited:
I haven't seen this, where is it?
I made my comment in reference to Planet Coaster having expanded lighting options compared to RCT3. Spotlights are awesome! Other lighting options are great since they're not tied to paths. I wasn't in Alpha 1 so the lighting in Alpha 2 is considered new to me. [happy]

Top Bottom