Classic Coaster Editor

I am going to go out on a limb and say it won't happen due to the differences between the games and how they play. I think we will see some big changes come Alpha Phase 3 though and am hoping it increases productivity and fluidity of the game.

That would be nice, however, you wouldn't have the customization abilities you have now.

I mean, they could coexist: you can place a piece of track and then you can adjust it the way you want[yesnod][yesnod][yesnod]

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I am going to go out on a limb and say it won't happen due to the differences between the games and how they play. I think we will see some big changes come Alpha Phase 3 though and am hoping it increases productivity and fluidity of the game.

Sure, big changes will come and this could be one of them. RCT3 and Planet Coaster share the same engine, it would be easy to re-create that part of the editor. What other differences could prevent this function to be implemented?

I mean, they could coexist: you can place a piece of track and then you can adjust it the way you want[yesnod][yesnod][yesnod]

In the classic RCT3 editor it was not possible, and I think the method they are using now is as close as possible to being what you are referring to.

But isn't that exactly what we have already? If you think about it. What would be the merits of having the piece menu like RCT3 and then tweaking them? To me, if I was designing a system like that, the menu would become redundant as we can make any of those pieces anyway, or we can adjust them anyway we want. Its a win win in my opinion. [happy]

Top Bottom