Will coaster creator be improved in the future?

I've been playing Planet Coaster for about a week now and I am not entirely happy with the coaster editor. In my opinion, Roller Coaster Tycoon World's coaster creator is much better than the one implemented in this game. Unfortunately for RCTW, that is really the only thing that it has going for it. I like to create realistic roller coasters and I find that task difficult to achieve with the current creator in this game. I guess my question is, how much more will the coaster editor be improved as the game nears completion? I really like the scenery and building aspect of the game, but its core feature (IMO), is really lacking.

So, you didn't specify what exactly you disliked or how to improve it, aside from it being "difficult". Realism can be achieved, as evident by other creations I've seen. Did you know the game is still being worked on and more updates are planned for release? That's kind of the point here, to give specific feedback on what might help improve the game [yesnod]

What’s included in the alpha and how will it work?
The Planet Coaster alpha is a very important part of the development process. Planet Coaster is the Coaster Park Simulation game we’ve always dreamt of making, and real-world player feedback is a vital part of that. In order to ensure that we get useful feedback on key areas of the game we will be releasing key features over the course of the alpha. These will fall into three phases, they are as follows.

• Phase 1: Modular building and Paths
  • Phase 2: Improved Coaster Building and Landscape editing
  • Phase 3: Adds Community Functionality and Blueprints
You’ll notice that the Coaster Building is not yet finished to our satisfaction – there are several areas we will improve. However, the hands-on feedback from experienced players who have used it to date has been good, and we do realise you’ll want a coaster builder from the start of your Planet Coaster experience!

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...on-what-they-re-gonna-improve-on-the-coasters

Last edited:
Yep, as creaper said, you haven't said what it is that you find difficult about the Coaster builder. What is it that you would like to be improved? What do you not like? Can you expand on why it is that you find building realistic coasters difficult?

Top Bottom