PS4/ Xbox One Version of the Game?

I've been watching the Developer Logs and I suggest that there should be a PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. There hasn't been a good rollercoaster tycoon game on console and if this came to PS4 and Xbox One; it could have potential. :3

I've been watching the Developer Logs and I suggest that there should be a PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. There hasn't been a good rollercoaster tycoon game on console and if this came to PS4 and Xbox One; it could have potential. :3

The Problem with this would be the Controls. I'm not sure that you can adapt a deep Simulation with lots of Keyboard Commands sufficently.

I think it is rather complicated to play a simulation game like this ... with a joystick.

It is not sure that the game is available on Mac/Linux one day, so consoles ? It is even less likely

Last edited:
I think it is rather complicated to play a simulation game like this ... with a joystick.

It is not sure that the game is available on Mac/Linux one day, so consoles ? It is even less likely

The Rollercoaster building alone would be a Nightmare i think...

What platforms will Planet Coaster be released on? At this time we are only announcing availability for PC.

I'm agree with Crowdpleaser. Building with the Coasters Builder will be a nightmare.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
It would be really difficult to play a game with such a great amount of possibilities on a console. I think it would be frustrating to operate such a game with the limited input devices of consoles.

Would be nice to see on the consoles again, but you will be very limited because you wouldn't be able to download new scenery, etc.

It would require a complete refit of the interface for a lean-back experience, but with the ps4's motion control's I don't think it would necessarily feel complicated.

• The dualshock 4 by itself, would be ok. It would provide an extra method of input to make up for shortcomings of joysticks, e.g. allowing easy rotation of objects, extruding land.
  • Dualshock with camera attached, would be pretty good. The lightbar can be used to precisely place objects.
  • Camera plus move controllers - possibly better than a mouse and keyboard with the right UI. Having two hands tracked could be insane for coaster building!

Media Molecule are arguably doing more complex things with Dreams, though in a more free-form environment. That's a complex, flexible toolset made easier to use by it's novel interface. Overlaid, contextual menus would be critical for making Planet Coaster easy to play and create with on a ps4, and I'm sure it would require a great deal of experimentation, but I think the rewards would be worthwhile. And of course vr is an option in the future.

Xbox one, however, would probably be a compromised port, though hopefully it would be better than xbox port of RCT1 (VGA, isometric graphics, mouse controls on a joystick). Mods and community content are trickling through on some console games too, like Fallout 4, though I'm sure that would bring it's own challenges.

PS4 release

i have already watched a lot of Planet coaster and i really want it! but im a console gamer, and i would really like if Planet coaster was also released on the PS4, of course only when it is being full released, that would really make my world [happy]
i know that building coasters might be a little messy, but with the PS4 controller and its many ways of steering, i thing it could work!
and i mean it would without a doubt, be the best building game released on the PS4!

This doesn't make sense to me. You will never be able to control everything properly without a mouse and keyboard

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
Topics get auto closed after they've been inactive for a long time. Merging and reopening the resultant thread.

(this is a reply to myhew's post)
yeah you will, have you never seen any PS4 games? i know it would be a little harder, but with to analog sticks and a touch pad, i thing they could work it out. the camera can easily be controlled by the to analog sticks, and when your building coasters, the camera follows the coaster piece and you can steer the camera with one analog stick and with the other, you control the coaster's direction, and by holding, i don't no, O maybe, you control the pitch of the coaster piece.
just a very short explanation of how it could be done.

Last edited:
I would rather make a park this way, using motion controls, than with a mouse and keyboard, personally (examples start about 1 min into video). I'm sure there will be some pc gamers trying to use things like the leap controller with Planet Coaster too.

[video=youtube_share;mVfeeuuw83Q]https://youtu.be/mVfeeuuw83Q?t=1m14s[/video]

I've already posted about this earlier, but even the basic dualshock 4 wouldn't be too bad, I think.

Last edited:
Even if you could use a mouse and keyboard on a console, why would you want to? Graphics are better on computers and they also also for modding or user-generated content. Consoles are dumbed down computers lol. The fact you had to ask is funny.

Last edited:
Top Bottom