Jpeg wallsign

Hello everyone...

I would like to ask the community the following;
Is Planet Coaster planning Jpeg wall-signs? SO the we can import our own images into the game?!
Maybe this is planned for alpha 3 but i'm not sure. Please comment!

Hello everyone...

I would like to ask the community the following;
Is Planet Coaster planning Jpeg wall-signs? SO the we can import our own images into the game?!
Maybe this is planned for alpha 3 but i'm not sure. Please comment!

Like the Billboards in RCT3? We have no information one way or the other. I don't know if they are planning something like that.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Like the Billboards in RCT3? We have no information one way or the other. I don't know if they are planning something like that.

Just that.. we don't know.

But i definatly hope we will have it!!

Just like custom music [mouth shut]

Crowdpleaser ty for reply! Yes i mean those exactly. The billboards in Rct3 were brilliant! I don't know if they were in the released copy or maybe it was custom-content made by the community?! But still i hope they will be present in Planet Coaster. I hope Brett could shine his light on this matter for us.

edit: Yes Vampiro i like to costumize Maybe those billboards can also display movies or a row of photo's played as a movie, i forgot how you call those?!

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Crowdpleaser ty for reply! Yes i mean those exactly. The billboards in Rct3 were brilliant! I don't know if they were in the released copy or maybe it was custom-content made by the community?! But still i hope they will be present in Planet Coaster. I hope Brett could shine his light on this matter for us.

edit: Yes Vampiro i like to costumize Maybe those billboards can also display movies or a row of photo's played as a movie, i forgot how you call those?!

No they were not custom made. a lot of it were added by custom object but the feature itself was in the base game. Im not sure however if it was there from the beginning or added in Soaked.

The billboards allowed integrating videos on them, however they were limited to 5 MB. I would like them too, but with a much higher video limit.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
The billboards allowed integrating videos on them, however they were limited to 5 MB. I would like them too, but with a much higher video limit.

+1

Prefferably with sound as well to make the movies complete.
(And a nice way to have custom music after all)

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Vampiro, something tells me you are a musician, or am I mistaken? I wonder why I got that impression? [big grin]

Hahaha, no im really not. I have zero talent [wink]

I'm just the biggest advocate around here for custom music, as i believe music or sound is an essentional part of a rides atmosphere. So many rides (especially darkrides) where a certain theme is part of the ride experience. And i really believe Planet Coaster should have this feature.

Last edited:
+1 from me for the custom music! [squeeeeee]
But I really think we should not be worried about that... I have the strong feeling that in the finished game, we will be able to customise about everything [wacky]

+1 from me for the custom music! [squeeeeee]
But I really think we should not be worried about that... I have the strong feeling that in the finished game, we will be able to customise about everything [wacky]

I think... don't quote me on this, but i think they already said "no" to custom music :(

I'm really sad about this, because i used this feature CONSTANTLY. For me it was a beautiful Way to add atmosphere to your Rides.

I once made a Rollercoaster that went back through time and zoomed around Animatronic Dinosaurs with loads of misters :D And of course fitting Music. It was a beautiful thing :D

I would be gutted if they decided not to do it in the end :(

Well, here is a video I made 3 years ago with RCT3 and I used custom music:

[video=youtube;EspKj5Ohgyk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EspKj5Ohgyk[/video]

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I think... don't quote me on this, but i think they already said "no" to custom music :(

I'm really sad about this, because i used this feature CONSTANTLY. For me it was a beautiful Way to add atmosphere to your Rides.

I once made a Rollercoaster that went back through time and zoomed around Animatronic Dinosaurs with loads of misters :D And of course fitting Music. It was a beautiful thing :D

I would be gutted if they decided not to do it in the end :(

It wasn't a 100% no...

They even said they wanted this feature very much, and remarked this was one of the most requested features.
Bad thing is, the sound sytem they use doesn't custom music (basically means, the system doesn't support mp3 i guess)

So it's pretty much technically impossible to support the feature, even tough they want to. I still hope they find a way to implement the feature.
And if not, then i -guess- there will be some workaround.

(I can imagine we will have custom sfx for smoke, lava, or whatever ... as far as i know those sfx can also hold sounds and music. Hopefully we can convert our mp3 into the sound format PC uses, and then attach the soundfile to a custom sfx box, which will basically turn it into a loudspeaker without visual effects. Only negative is that you probably have to make a separate sfx box for every sound you want to have in your park. So if you want 15 themes, you also need 15 sfx items... Needless to say, this is all just what im thinking, and none of this has been suggested or hinted by Frontier)

by the way, this is the official statement they made about custom music :

One question to rule them all: User Music.
You want this, internally we want it too and we’ve done it before on RCT3 so it’s not a huge leap to imagine it low hanging fruit for Planet Coaster... right?

Well....

The technical reality of this feature is that it is complex, especially because we want it to behave in a user friendly way. Ironically, it is much more involved now than it was ten years ago!

Let me explain a few reasons why:
We changed our audio tech and the new audio middleware we use (Wwise) does amazing things (you can hear that) however it cannot play user music out of the box. We need a custom solution for this because we don’t want for people to have to download Wwise, install it and follow a tutorial : ) Many people here can figure out how to do this (this is PC land after all!) but we don’t feel that solution helps our entire community. We want to do it right, which means we need our teams on engine, interface and game-logic to support a feature like that.

Another hurdle is that we do so much audio work in the game currently (which is partially why it sounds so great!) that there is in fact *less* room now for streaming your own music than ten years ago! A single coaster for instance presents more audio work than we did at any moment during rtc3. We have more than 80 sounds on a coaster (wind, tracks, whooshes, people, flanges, clangs, wheels, car rattles) all manipulated in real time to make sure whatever you build always sounds unique to that track. Just like the top of that loop on your favourite coaster always creates its own unique rhythms of clangs, bangs and resonances so too does your creation in Planet Coaster!

As said, despite faster hardware we still need to find room for streaming audio, this might sound unbelievable but unlike graphics; audio is not hardware accelerated! Audio hardware is pretty much in the pre-graphics-card era and it’s quite amazing all the things we CAN do regardless!

I’d like to be honest with you, as a feature, there’s no one on the team that doesn’t want this in by yesterday. But I have to make choices where we apply our audio resources. On a feature like this, which involves the engine team, gui, gameplay and design we have to be even more careful what we can ask for in terms of support. The biggest hurdle here is that custom audio doesn’t come pre-packaged in our optimised sound banks and as such in a technically, simulation and content sense more complex Coaster game than we made, user music wouldn’t automatically scale.

This game is so incredibly rich in features and content I have to choose between supporting more coasters, guests, composed music etc. (all coming towards release!) and user selectable music. It’s a choice between something which benefits everyone and something that benefits a smaller, though not any less enthusiastic (!) community of builders. I believe more people will benefit from content variation and supporting the amount of current features.

So we definitely see the creative merit in it and we are still investigating the issue. I’s not something we can commit to until we know how to solve these challenges.

Either way i hope we will have the feature. Preferrable ofcourse in-game, but if not, then hopefully we can still add this feature ourself by having custom sfx "loudspeakers" with attached music.

Thanks everyone for the reply! I still hope well get an answer from planet coaster. For maximum creativity its essential that we can import our own images, or movies, for billboards. Am excited for alpha 3 release... Maybe then well get our answer fingers crossed!

Sorry for being so impatient but i'm positive we wont get this feature for Planet Coaster... I wonder if RollercoasterTycoonWorld might have this option? To use your own photo's on billboards in your park? But still, i would love to have it for this game!

Brett, or anyone from Planet Coaster, could you please answer this one for me?! Thank you...

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Sorry for being so impatient but i'm positive we wont get this feature for Planet Coaster... I wonder if RollercoasterTycoonWorld might have this option? To use your own photo's on billboards in your park? But still, i would love to have it for this game!

Brett, or anyone from Planet Coaster, could you please answer this one for me?! Thank you...

Why are you sure we won't get it?

I agree, it wasn't confirmed, but it wasn't disconfirmed either as far as i know.

The devs don't tend to confirm features on the forum so it's probably a case of wait and see.

[video=youtube;Qfm_uyhYx9Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfm_uyhYx9Y[/video]

What do i see at the end of this video... Jpeg Wall sign billboard! Yay you guys are amazing thank you so much!

Top Bottom