Particle Effects

Hi all,

Particle effects must be present in this game. The use of mist, smoke, fog and fire all play a crucial part in the experience of a theme park. Especially when creating dark rides or large events like a fireworks show.

RCT3 had good effects for its time and this was succeeded with the use of custom effects from the community, ranging from large water sprayers to boiling lava. Planet coaster doesnt need this to start with, but i do strongly suggest the 4 basic elements (mist, fog, smoke & fire) should be included because to create a park that is full of life and looks real like frontier are aiming for, this is a must!

It can be in a form of an object like a small floor or wall mounted vent, or as a invisible area with a radius that you can choose, so whatever is inside the radius will be the particles.

I dont know if we have seen any sort of particle effects as of yet or not, but incase its not been included then here is some feedback for the devs.

Thank you for your time :)

Last edited:
Hi all,

Particle effects must be present in this game. The use of mist, smoke, fog and fire all play a crucial part in the experience of a theme park. Especially when creating dark rides or large events like a fireworks show.

RCT3 had good effects for its time and this was succeeded with the use of custom effects from the community, ranging from large water sprayers to boiling lava. Planet coaster doesnt need this to start with, but i do strongly suggest the 4 basic elements (mist, fog, smoke & fire) should be included because to create a park that is full of life and looks real like frontier are aiming for, this is a must!

It can be in a form of an object like a small floor or wall mounted vent, or as a invisible area with a radius that you can choose, so whatever is inside the radius will be the particles.

I dont know if we have seen any sort of particle effects as of yet or not, but incase its not been included then here is some feedback for the devs.

Thank you for your time :)

100 % agree [up]

With different settings from low to hi smoke output. [big grin]
and if possible with little stroboscope's for insane effects
I got some weird ideas in my mind for building tings [gaga]

100 % agree [up]

With different settings from low to hi smoke output. [big grin]
and if possible with little stroboscope's for insane effects
I got some weird ideas in my mind for building tings [gaga]
Ow yes! The same with the lights! I want to change the lightlevel. +1 [up]

Yes, I agree with James Bond, we need a sort of "GPU particle emitter" (a simple small box to put everywhere would be enough I guess), and you can click on this object to open a "programmable panel" in a new window, to configure any parameters you want to this specific emitter, like :

- Some prefabs types (Soap bubbles, Fire, Explosions, Smoke, Snow, Autumn leaves, Magical particles, etc...)
- Some prefabs shapes (Circles, Stars, Line -to make a laser-, A "custom picture", etc...)
- The color (if it's a shape)
- The orientation
- The size
- The speed
- Looped or not
- Continuously or [every X seconds / during X seconds]
- On trigger (to link with a piece of any coaster track)
- Linked with a custom sound
- Reset/Save and Sharing buttons

And with an "advanced tab" (if it's possible, if not too resource hungry) :

- With random pattern
- On Collision
- With "Gravity point"
- With "Shadows"
- Linked to a light source

Angelis, you have completely read my mind on this one! These options would be brilliant to have in our parks, just imagine the experience peeps will have with all these effects during rides! My personal fav is your on a water ride, and go down the steep hill, your soaked with freezing cold water, and just to make you warm again a big fireball erupts at the side of the boat :)
(this is a scene from Valhalla, Blackpool for anyone who wishes to know)

I hope the devs have some of these ideas noted!

Last edited:
We really need effects like this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA2Dxf11g4E
as ride event! [heart][heart][heart][up]
It's amazing !!!

And exactly what you can do with the "programmable particles/light box" we described above.

I hope a developper read this.

Wonderful effects. Amazing, but seem to be hard being realized. Just wonderful!
- For the player ? Not if we have this kind of tool.
- For the developpers, well, it's another question.

Last edited:
i Love your ideas and i would like to see that things in our parks!! :) To Iluminate, create special effects on special points of any attractions... yeaaa :D

Yeah Angelis, i was talking about "that other question" :D
Well, it depends of what they already have in their Cobra game engine.
And it is a proprietary engine, so it's absolutly impossible to know.

If they are already using this kind of "particles box" (for Elite: Dangerous for example), they can easily make some modifications and integrate it into PlanetCoaster. (a "dev tool" becoming a "gamers tool"), but if they dont, this can be much more complicated.

So the answer is : "between two hours and several months"

Hoping that their engine is powerful and filled with different modules.

Top Bottom