Fences

So I'm sure that fences will be available, but what I'm talking about is curved fences
My suggestion is that you can use some sort of spline tool to create curved fences around curved paths or objects

And please, make the fence tool click-and-drag. It's quite annoying to click-click-click-click.. And then you have 1000 pieces left to do.

I think fences should automatically attach to paths and curve with them.
... if you want to.

"Assistance tools" like that are great (particularly for casual gamers or to save time), but they can be very quickly "restricting". To me, any tool using a system that "glue" automatically an object to another (not only for the fences) must be integrated sparingly, intelligently and should always be an option to not restrain freedom and creativity.

Developers, if you read me, be careful with that.
This is a sensitive point !

Last edited:
Look at the terrain tool! Do you really think that Frontier is goign to fail on the fences? Hell no!!! [squeeeeee]
Let's just wait to see what Frontier made.

So I'm sure that fences will be available, but what I'm talking about is curved fences
My suggestion is that you can use some sort of spline tool to create curved fences around curved paths or objects

Sweet, curved fences would be awesome! And how about the ability to engage the fence tool, select a "square" shape, and then click to place one corner on the landscape, and then hold, hover over the other opposite corner and let go, resulting in a fenced off area.

Maybe it would be great to create paths (like walkways, fences, rides, ...) all in the same way. A system like the one in Cities: Skylines might be useful (where you have also the option to chose between "automatically glue" or not).

But you would need to make some modifications, as it would not be practical to get the tool 'loop' or 'twist' for walkways or the possibility to build fences other than on ground or attached as a handrail.

Yeah.. is a dificult point.. I'm agree with Angelis.

I think that, what users want is easy tools to use, but on a hight level of personalization and a good free level of placement.

And i'm so happy to say i love i saw on Dev Diaris.. That edition mode.. =)

Top Bottom