Mixing locales

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Im watching the livestream, obviously it's packed with cute and very nice updates!!

They just talked about locales, like there is a new dessert added.

I wonder if we can mix them? Like can i have the locale we had up intill now, but just "paint" a certain area into dessert with the terrain painter?
Personally i would love to have this, i want all the options into 1 park...will this be possible?

I'm also watching, well I was, till they decided to put yesterdays 'dev diary' on.......why waste time on that, anyone taking the time out to watch the 'live stream' would of in all likelihood have seen it already.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I'm also watching, well I was, till they decided to put yesterdays 'dev diary' on.......why waste time on that, anyone taking the time out to watch the 'live stream' would of in all likelihood have seen it already.

yes, i must say todays livestream is a bit underwhelming in length. It's supposed to last 60 minutes while it was only 45. And of those 45 we have seen a video that was already released so the active streamtime was only like half an hour.

On a positive note, those 30 minutes were very high paced and showed quite some nice (and much asked for) updates!! Im just getting more and more curious about how many new rides we will have??

We already know there will be at least 4 more flatrides and 1 coaster. But will there be more of this kind? or any other kind? (Transport, Omnimover, Water ride, Tracked ride)

Hopefully they will let you paint the others in terrain paint. Because in real life you are stuck with a real locale depending on where it is situated on the world. And then you would simulate the other locales by creating fake, adding sand and fake plants for the desert, adding white paint and fake snowmen, fake snow for the winter... etc in a park situated in the UK for example.

But of course for people wanting to bend the real world maybe it should be able to do so in sandbox.

Yep, totally unresolved question. if its limited its going to be pretty bad. We need answers.

Also the "only cosmetic" water thing, I really hope future water rides can interact with bodies of water, if not, why waste so much time worjking on the water to get somethign worse than RCT3?

I dont mind limiting it in campaign, I really dont, just leave s do wateever we want with the textures and vegatation on sandbox.

Last edited:
As long as we can use all terrain textures and plant options in one map, I'll be happy. It'd just seem daft if you can't use dessert stuff in any park, for example. It'd mean no Wild West area in most parks and they're a staple bit of so many parks.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Hopefully they will let you paint the others in terrain paint. Because in real life you are stuck with a real locale depending on where it is situated on the world. And then you would simulate the other locales by creating fake, adding sand and fake plants for the desert, adding white paint and fake snowmen, fake snow for the winter... etc in a park situated in the UK for example.

But of course for people wanting to bend the real world maybe it should be able to do so in sandbox.

Indeed... Like i can recreate "themes" in my park. where i can have a disney-like big thunder mountain in western style. But use a completely other theming in a different zone in my park :) Like for example a nort-pole coaster along with snow and ice on the ground.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that was underwhelming, as you say, 45mins, with about 5mins of actually vids, and nothing on rides, and water was hardly touched on, certainly no mention of 'water rides' are they having trouble? Or are they withholding till after release [downcast][where is it]

Two more 'streams', lets hope they've saved the best stuff till then.....as that was most definitely the worst of all the 'streams' they've made, and what was with the 'audience' it was like 'one man and his dog'.

Last edited:
Yup, the stream shows the rocks and vegetations are also part of the grass locale. Hope that not because its an alpha. The soon we get confirmation the better.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
It just seemed like the red dessert terrain type was not available in the terrain painter was it?

Top Bottom