My Skylands Coaster - HELP I'm getting desperate!

Of all the things Alpha 3 brought, it just had to be issues with chainlifts. My coaster litterally barely does not make it so I thought to make the chainlift in the beginning a bit faster...
NIxhCMw.jpg

but it has a slight curve and any change I make in the chainliftspeed will not register without demolishing and rebuilding it. Not only that, I noticed that the hitdetection of scenery I build around the station is about the size of the moon, meaning that I can't snip of 1 tiny part on top of the lift hill without removing the stationbuilding.

So I thought: Well, the moment of no return is literally at the end of the coaster, maybe I can change something there.
ZpSMYx8.jpg

This is the very part where the coaster losses all speed even if there is a chainlift a tiny bit further on. So I'm trying to do some changes here. Removed some paths and scenery (with exception of the CosmicCow building since I like to keep it where it is) surrounding the tracks only to discover that the CosmicCow building also has hitboxes the size of the moon, meaning I can't build/edit/change the coaster ANYWHERE where I want it! Yes, that's right, I can't even move the track away from the building for no decern able reason!

I've tried many things and I'm all out of ideas. I've made extra landplatforms to overcome any hight issue, I've wrecked a lot of things but still nothing. I am confused and have no idea what else to do without making humongous changes to what I've already build. Please help! [cry][cry][cry]

I give up. I've spend so much time on this now that I've killed my own joy in the game. [mouth shut] RIP Skylands Coaster for the time being.[cry]

Bit hard to see what's going on there, I'm assuming it's impossible to extend the lift hill further due to it being at the edge of the map? For what's it's worth, I have also lost a coaster :( It was possibly my absolute favourite one as well but I've decided later today it will be demolished and replaced with a newer model [cry]

It's not even the edge of the map ): Something about the chainlifts on coaster build in the previous version bugs the game like crazy from what I've noticed, alongside of some really weird colission-detection things. That coaster is so woven into the park that i don't want to demolish it. Period. Especially because the coastertrain loses all speed about 1 or 2 meters before a chainlift hill that transports it to the station.

Could you possibly temporarily move the Cosmic Cow building, make your coaster change and move the building back?

Actually, I might be able to show you. I'll start streaming in 15 minutes and try it all over again. You can share any ideas on how to solve this via the chat. The link to my twitch is in my sig.

EDIT: Going live now a bit earlier than I expected.

Last edited:
Top Bottom