Rare Commodities List!

HECATE system has edible Sea worms @ RJH1972 station
Thanks added this one here's the pic:
Hecate Live Sea Worms.jpg
another delicious sounding commodity

I found another one in the Empire now. AYMIFA ;) they sell a pesticide I'll let you have the fun of finding it and discovering it you need the station Poyla Coliseum.......

Thrutis has Thrutis Cream ;)

Thanks for sending me on a wild goose chase, nothing there!
Oh well at least I got to scan a load of systems on my way and its my first trip to imperial space :)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I found multiple containers floating in an USS containing "Black Box". Now trying to find a black market without beeing caught by the Empire.

PS:

I've tried to estimate the distance behavior of the rare commodities in another thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66538.

I will add new plots to the current thread after finishing the accual runs.

I look forward to seeing them

The sell prices are capped at about 17-18k per unit so no matter how much further you go the goods stay at the capped price.

Thanks added to OP, I was close so went to check it out, here's the pic:
Delta Phoenicis Palms.jpg
might pop into my cargo hold if I get board on one of my journeys and "over-expose" myself

edit: oh yeah, interesting system description, soon to be emperor comes here for a spot of fly fishing, could be interesting once war of accession kicks in

Last edited:
I just found some Rare Artwork and Prototype Tech.

- The Rare Artwork was sold for 2397 per unit
- The Prototype Tech was sold for 3078 per unit

The Tsu system supposedly exports "Limpet".

But there was no Limpet to be found neither at Ziemkiewicz Ring, nor at Reamy Terminal.

stixtjmo.png

The Tsu system supposedly exports "Limpet".

But there was no Limpet to be found neither at Ziemkiewicz Ring, nor at Reamy Terminal.

Limpits are not a rare commodity but ammo for the hatch breaker, I don't think you can actually sell them, but try the ammo screen at a station

Sorry if this has already been noted.

But it would be useful if you amended your table in the first thred to say if the items were for sale or wanted to be purchased.

Buying a commodity without a market for them is a sure way tolose money!

But it would be useful if you amended your table in the first thred to say if the items were for sale or wanted to be purchased.

I've add a description of what rare commodities are to the original post

I've tried to estimate the distance behaviour of the rare commodities in another thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66538.

I will add new plots to the current thread after finishing the actual runs.

I finished the next trade-run to estimate the distance behaviour of the rare commodities. This time I've transported the "Delta Phoenicis Palms" back to Eranin (To start the next run with Eranin Whiskey).

I used the same analytic function as for the Lavian Brandy.

View attachment 3103

If we compare the four parameters of the analytic function we observe that only two of these parameters have significant differences.

SP(x) = p1 + p2 * ERF( ( x * p3) / p4)

p1 = Offset : Defining the buy price
p2 = Scale : Defining the maximum selling price

The parameters p3 and p4 are almost in the same order of magnitude compared to the results of the Lavian Brandy. If you compare the shape of both curves you notice that the distance behaviour of both commodities are almost the same. You reach the galactic average selling price in a distance of approx. 100 LY away from the buying location. The sweet spot for selling the commodities is approx. 140 - 160 LY away from the origin system.

I hope you find the results as interesting as I do...

Delta Phoenicis Palms was the one i sent you on a wild goose chase for sorry I got the systems wrong there :(..... my fault I wrote the wrong place down :D

These are special cases as I haven't found anywhere that won't buy them and you can even make 20 creds just by selling them back to the same station (although why anybody would do this is beyond me).

It does help promote exploration etc as the only occur at one station and so needs people to go and check as many stations as possible as well as getting people to run them 100+ light years for a good payout.

It means that you can grind away trading with the regular goods or go exploring for the big payouts. (although now finding enough to get into the hold is now a trick)

Thanks for that! very interesting great to know the "sweet spot" for selling these goods

Delta Phoenicis Palms was the one i sent you on a wild goose chase for sorry I got the systems wrong there :(..... my fault I wrote the wrong place down :D

no problems I actually ended up very close to delta phoenicis

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

These are special cases as I haven't found anywhere that won't buy them and you can even make 20 creds just by selling them back to the same station (although why anybody would do this is beyond me).

It does help promote exploration etc as the only occur at one station and so needs people to go and check as many stations as possible as well as getting people to run them 100+ light years for a good payout.

It means that you can grind away trading with the regular goods or go exploring for the big payouts. (although now finding enough to get into the hold is now a trick)

I've found that UK morning time on week days there seems to be a larger supply of goods, worth logging in to check before going to work!

I finished the next trade-run to estimate the distance behaviour of the rare commodities. This time I've transported the "Delta Phoenicis Palms" back to Eranin (To start the next run with Eranin Whiskey).

I used the same analytic function as for the Lavian Brandy.

View attachment 3103

If we compare the four parameters of the analytic function we observe that only two of these parameters have significant differences.

SP(x) = p1 + p2 * ERF( ( x * p3) / p4)

p1 = Offset : Defining the buy price
p2 = Scale : Defining the maximum selling price

The parameters p3 and p4 are almost in the same order of magnitude compared to the results of the Lavian Brandy. If you compare the shape of both curves you notice that the distance behaviour of both commodities are almost the same. You reach the galactic average selling price in a distance of approx. 100 LY away from the buying location. The sweet spot for selling the commodities is approx. 140 - 160 LY away from the origin system.

Impressive work that you do. And Patou82:)

Bast (36 : 16 : -35) has a kind of booze for sale for about 1000Cr. Sorry don't remember the name exactly. Pure agricultural economy, FYI.

Bast (36 : 16 : -35) has a kind of booze for sale for about 1000Cr. Sorry don't remember the name exactly. Pure agricultural economy, FYI.
Thanks, I was close so I popped by this morning before work
Here's the Pic:
ekGVkri.jpg

some one a FD must really like their drinks

Last edited:
Top Bottom