Elite Shipyard

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
EHMAGERD! Have some rep! Been looking for this, cheers! :D

fry-take-my-money.jpg

Thank you very much for doing this. I hope you continue to update it as more data comes in, particularly the power use of internal equipment

I discovered something new as a result of a reddit comment about the power usage tallies: every ship hull has an idle, baseline power draw which isn't listed on its in-game stats screen nor, as far as I can tell, on any of the wikis. For example the Sidewinder has an idle 0.92MW power drain before any other modules.

I've filled in the values for the ships I have handy, but if anyone owns a Cobra, Type 6 or Type 7, could you plug in your current loadout and compare the power draw numbers to what you see in-game? Both the deployed and retracted figures should be off by the same amount, which is the missing baseline power draw from those hulls.

I've developed a simple web-based tool to experiment with outfittings and calculate jump ranges, buy/rebuy costs, etc.

Try it out here: http://eliteshipyard.nfshost.com/

I can't yet buy any of the larger ships so the ship and module data is limited to what's available on the wiki; I'll add more as people send me data.

EXCELLENT! Now to be a difficult guy: a DEPLEATED option is missing, where you see how long you can hold the trigger before needing reloading ^^

+rep!!!

Great tool mate!
I will edit this post with feedback:

When selecting hardpoints the current size should be sorted at the top.
e.g mediums hardpoints droplist starts with medium.

Another highly useful tool from the community instead of the developers, this makes me both very happy and slightly sad at the same time.

Well done though, a very useful little tool.

EXCELLENT! Now to be a difficult guy: a DEPLEATED option is missing, where you see how long you can hold the trigger before needing reloading ^^

+rep!!!

Does anyone know the formula to compute this value? I assume the power distributor's weapon capacity/recharge values are part of the equation, but is the depletion dependant on the weapon's power draw in MW, or the "thermal load" value, or something else? If you can show me the math, I can certainly plug in the calculation; you'll notice that shields do already show their effective strength on a given hull, according to the formula worked out by some other fine folks.

Type 6 Lightwieght Alloy Hull

http://eliteshipyard.nfshost.com/

Type 6 my config power use reported as

76% - 9.13
86% - 10.28

The game shows..

power use

retracted 10.53MW
Deployed 11.48Mw
Available 12.00Mw

Have a couple of screenshots, can post if required, (sorry not posted SS for a while)

EDIT : ** Double checked the numbers and they are what is shown, have saved SS, also had sanity checked with another person verifying my eyes still working correctly, ;)shiptool.jpgScreenshot_0091.jpg

Last edited:
Very very handy, thankyou!

I haven't read all the relies but could you add the ability to save the configurations entered (given a name and saved via cookies maybe?)

is there a way to Export the data once you load it up?

Not currently; what kind of format would be most useful?

I guess what Flyinpiranha was referring to was a possibility have your tool 'remember' the data he entered the day before. My skills in this stuff date back to the 90s, so this might be antiquated/simplistic/stupid, but how about a 'Create Link' option, which would stick the currently entered inputs/parameters into a bookmarkable URL?

Type 6 Lightwieght Alloy Hull

http://eliteshipyard.nfshost.com/

Type 6 my config power use reported as

76% - 9.13
86% - 10.28

The game shows..

power use

retracted 10.53MW
Deployed 11.48Mw
Available 12.00Mw

Can you double check those numbers? That shows a 1.4 difference while retracted, but 1.2 while deployed; for all the hulls I've checked so far, it was the same difference for both. Maybe there's a typo?

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom