Patch Notes Update Update 1.1.03 incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
For the notes, still no ingame credit refund for me too. Killed while leaving a space port by ...ah ...by ...ah ...don't know during the 1.1 time frame.

Ticket: #00000036990

Rest of the patch works for me now, great job, waiting at Jaques bar for my refund :)

I don't know if anyone else noticed.

Before patch while I was in supercruise I got pulled out from federal security service, got random message about security control and got scanned. After scanning i got message if I'm violating protocol or not and got fine or just released without it.

Now I get message about violation check before I get pulled out of supercruise and no matter if i submit or not ship federal security ship just cruising around or not moving at all without scanning or any further message. I tested and waited for scan around 4 minutes and nothing happened.

Impressed by speed and scope of Frontier's response to all the issues - with the fixes I can once again dare to poke my nose out into space again. Would like to see intro of 'limited' cargo insurance to help take the edge of massive credit losses which particularly affects traders (i.e. costly, optional and c 50% max refund) a balance of risk, skill and personal judgement... but that discussions is elsewhere.

Again thanks guys, and keep banging the rocks together!

It only connects when you first see them ingame. Or should this have changed now?

Edit: Some further explanation:
You can chat with your friends when you first saw them ingame (were in the same instance). After this you can freely chat with them until one closes his game session.

When you restart the game you have to 'see' each other again to be able to chat.

Hmm..so how can I find out where my friends are first if I cant text chat with them? Bit of a catch 22 there :)

Nah, won't happen for a while yet. This is why.

Thanks for the link. While it is an interesting read, what you are describing touches mainly what FD described as Tier 3 NPCs and partly Tier 2 NPCs in their DDF thread Elite Dangerous - Persistent NPC's.
I want to believe they were aware of the difficulties they'd face by trying to introduce some kind of persistence among NPCs in the game world within there chosen p2p communication architecture. And the last few patches removed some of the worst problems, I think. There are less matching issues than before, and I assume the 1.2. release in march will further improve upon the netcode, naturally (presumably a necessity for Wings, anyway).

Therefore I totally agree with you that we won't see persistent NPCs for a while, but what I am asking is not if we get them soon, but rather if they are still planned at all.

Michael Brookes' statement was kind of encouraging in this regard:

Better continuity is something we want.

but since he was wise enough not to go into details, I am just trying to extract a simple statement about if the plan to someday have persistent NPCs is ditched altogether, or if it's at least "still on the list". No ETA needed!

If you want more NPC chatter text, I've started a thread for us to write it for Frontier.

Excellent thread, thanks for starting that! English is not my first language and I am not a good writer, though, so I will leave it to you guys to produce some nice NPC dialogs and just enjoy reading them!

EDIT - added Server side changes

Commanders who had their ships destroyed but were patiently waiting on the insurance screen should have been automatically restored to their previous ship's state by 6pm on 11th Feb. Unfortunately we were not able to rescue the contents of those cargo holds.

Ship loss due to collision damage between 3pm on 10th Feb and 4pm on 11th Feb
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commanders who lost their ships to collision damage and claimed using the insurance process have had credits restored to their balances by 12.15pm on 12th Feb to cover losses for:
- credits spent on insurance payments
- the replacement cost for ship modules or cargo not replaced by the insurance payment

For the small number of Commanders who lost ships that were not a free SideWinder to collision damage during that time, and chose the Free Sidewinder option, credits have been restored to their balances by 1.15pm 12th Feb to cover:
- the approximate replacement cost for the ship hull, modules and any cargo lost

EDIT 2 -

We're looking at running another process tomorrow to double check that everybody who should have had their credits restored definitely has. Please make sure you've submitted a ticket - thanks for your continued feedback.

Thanks again!

I'm very happy that these Commanders are getting their refunds for the loss of credits due to a bug.

So could someone from ED explain to me why us Commanders who lost credits (millions of credits) due to the Founders World ship discount purchase bug at Jameson Memorial did not get a refund?

My ship may not have been destroyed because of that bug but I purchased a T9 from their expecting to have 10 million credits left, it even showed it on the screen, so I had enough to buy upgrades, stock and cover my insurance but I was only left with 1.9 million credits, not even enough to cover the insurance.

So my options were, risk the 80 million credits that took me months to grind and keep the T9 and hope I don't have an accident or get attacked by another Commander and blown up while I try and make the millions of credits I needed, or option two, sell the T9 and lose another 7+ million credits trading it in and go back to a Python which I traded in on the T9 and lost 6 million credits for that trade, and have enough credits to do some of the upgrades I had on the Python before I traded it in, but most importantly have credits for stock and insurance.

I took option two because if I did lose the T9 and couldn't buy it back through insurance because I didn't have enough credits, I would have gone insane. There is was no way I could have gone back to a Sidewinder and started the grind all over again, I would have quit.

As you are so kindly giving these Commanders their credits back, can you give me my 13 million I lost because of a bug. I did put in a ticket but I never got a response so I closed it.

Thank you, I hope to hear from someone at ED soon.

Ah, thanks, I'll try this later!

Oh, does this only work in a private game?

FYI, last night 3 of us hooked up with text and Voice comms in game no problem at all, we are all in friends list, two in open me in Mobius, spread across 235 light years in game, it worked fine, no altering of any ports, just get your comms up in cockpit select your friend and then either text or comms, the only downside was I had to use the keyboard and unselecting the comms section was a bit of a chore so I could open up the nav panel with Track Ir. Loved the atmospheric whistles, static and roger beeps.

FYI, last night 3 of us hooked up with text and Voice comms in game no problem at all, we are all in friends list, two in open me in Mobius, spread across 235 light years in game, it worked fine, no altering of any ports, just get your comms up in cockpit select your friend and then either text or comms, the only downside was I had to use the keyboard and unselecting the comms section was a bit of a chore so I could open up the nav panel with Track Ir. Loved the atmospheric whistles, static and roger beeps.

Cool! Yeah I only tried texted in the game menu itself, not in game.

Yeah I heard the voice comms before and it was ace, really atmospheric :) Cant wait to get a bit of co-op going!

What about this bug? Cannot pay fine frm faction of permit based Star system

With reference ticket no : 00000035715

Cannot pay and wipe fine from faction which originates from a permit based star system (which the commander doesnt have a permit to go there). Even if you do managed to pay, it keeps coming back in transaction tab as dormant.

Aigaion

Banned
Ship loss due to collision damage between 3pm on 10th Feb and 4pm on 11th Feb
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commanders who lost their ships to collision damage and claimed using the insurance process have had credits restored to their balances by 12.15pm on 12th Feb to cover losses for:
- credits spent on insurance payments
- the replacement cost for ship modules or cargo not replaced by the insurance payment

I did not get any single credit back for my two Python crashes, are you kidding Frontier ?

I stopped playing for a couple of days but tested the collisions and some other details and yeah...Frontier you earned me back. (and quite fast though ;))

Now this is a developer and this is hard work right there.

I know there are still some issues and all but the game went from unplayable (2 days ago in my case because of the awful mistake with the collisions) to enjoyable again.

For the small number of Commanders who lost ships that were not a free SideWinder to collision damage during that time, and chose the Free Sidewinder option, credits have been restored to their balances by 1.15pm 12th Feb to cover:
- the approximate replacement cost for the ship hull, modules and any cargo lost

EDIT 2 -

We're looking at running another process tomorrow to double check that everybody who should have had their credits restored definitely has. Please make sure you've submitted a ticket - thanks for your continued feedback.

Thanks again!

Thanks a lot !

Please dont forget me :)

Ticket #00000038424

Are you sure you did not just scrape your ship against the station wall? If the landing pad is close to the entrance, and the wall slopes a bit, it presents a clear and present danger to bigger ships.

Based on the type of sound I heard (it was a very very short scrape on the shields), I'd guess the back of my Anaconda touched the last part of the air lock or the diagonal strut thingy that slopes down from the door. Either way, I was barely moving at the time of the scrape sound, lost all shields and exploded all within in a few seconds. Since this release, I've had ships collide with me in combat (at high speed) and my C7 shields took minimal damage.

It was like those movies where someone taps the rear bumper of a Pinto and it explodes. (Laughter being the best way to dull the pain of my 8.5 mil insurance bill)

Ever since 1.1.02(might have been an hour before this) i haven't been able to play elite. whenever i press start at the main menu the game crashes the second loading game appears. I have tried doing everything i could on my end but nothing has made any difference. Is anyone else having this problem? Is anyone working on fixing this problem?

[h=1]Ticket #00000037695[/h]

Yep. Same problem for me. My game worked for a bit yesterday after the last update..since then. Start=>Crash, Start=>crash, Start=>crash, Start=>crash etc. etc etc.

Oh, and just for the record, ticket is: 00000038102

Yep. Same problem for me. My game worked for a bit yesterday after the last update..since then. Start=>Crash, Start=>crash, Start=>crash, Start=>crash etc. etc etc.

Oh, and just for the record, ticket is: 00000038102

This sounds like a security software conflict to me. What error message is given ? Check the error-logs. Check your firewall settings. The updated game.exe has to be given permission to access the internet.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom