Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: Warm Up Race 01 'The Pleiades Hip Hop'. 1st-9th August 15.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
BRC_WUR01_banner.jpg

Final Leader board.

brcwur01_board_Fin.jpg

The Buckyball Racing Club is pleased to present the first warm up race of the season.
'THE PLEIADES HIP HOP' 1st August 3301, 00.00GMT to 9th August, 23:59 GMT

RACE CLASSES:-
OPEN UNLIMITED ( any ship piloted in open )
SOLO UNLIMITED ( any ship piloted in solo )

RACE BACKGROUND:-
Two racers in the Ohm Horizons bar at HIP 29312 bet each other they could visit the Seven Sisters
and be back at the station before the bar closed in 30 minutes - the Pleiades Hip Hop was born!

HOW TO TAKE PART:-
START AT OHM HORIZONS HIP 29312 (take screen shot of time before launch)
visit:- (in any order, taking 1 screenshot of time and current location in galmap of each star, NOT system map)
ASTEROPE
CELAENO
MEROPE
STEROPE II
MAIA
PLEIONE
ATLAS (why is this sister a brother?)
FINISH LANDED AT OHM HORIZONS HIP 29312 (take your last screenshot of the time)

Send a link or zip of your 9 screenshots and your pilot name, class (open or solo), ship name and time,
under the subject BRCWUR01 to :-
BRCWUR@buckyballracing.org.uk
before the end of the race date.
you can use http://www.timeanddate.com/date/timeduration.html# to calculate your time.

BRC_WUR01_map.jpg

F.A.Q.
What's going on?
The Buckyball Racing Club warm ups are a chance to tweak your load outs or smash yourself into the toaster rack
and generally practice for the main BRC events in short races.
All pilots are welcome and the BRC strives to remain neutral in the galaxy and focuses on racing.
Races are individual timed races that a pilot can run multiple times during the race shedule (usually a week) to get the best time.
All submitted pilot times are then collated on a board and at the end of the race the winner is the pilot with the best time.

Do I need to register?
For normal BRC events you are asked to post an intent to run and that puts you on the starting grid.
For the warm ups you can just turn up and race and send a time.

When is the race running?
The race will be open for pilots from 1st August 2015, 00.00GMT to 9th August, 23:59 GMT.
Only times submitted within this duration are eligible for the board.

How long will this take?
You should be able to complete the race in under 30 minutes. but it doesn't really matter if you don't, take your time,
take a fully loaded type 9 just for the giggles.
The fastest pilot in a particular ship type usually gets a mention.
Ohm horizons is a High tech station, it doesn't have everything but you should be able to fit small ships there if not big ones.

What am I doing again?
Fly your chosen race ship to Ohm Horizons in Hip 29312. Dock up, make a cup of tea and
plot a course to one of the Seven Sisters (the big blue stars in the Pleiades nebula)
Then take a screenshot showing the time and launch... fly as quickly as you can to your first sister,
then when you've got there open up the galmap and take a screenshot
(making sure the screenshot shows both your current location and the time)
Now plot your next jump to another sister, repeat until you've visited (and taken screenshots at) all 7.
Now plot a course back to HIP 29312 and land at Ohm Horizons,
as you touch down and the time comes up take your last screenshot,
congratulations you've just completed the Pleiades Hip Hop, let's hope the bar is still open!

So I can fly any ship in open or solo?
Yes, you can fly one or the other or both, but you'll need to submit times for each class you enter.

What screenshots do I need?
shots like this so I can verify you were in the system please.
galmaplocation.jpg
This example from galmap shows current location and time.

So once i have the screenshots i zip them and send them to the email, what about a video?
You can convert your images to jpgs if sending a zip of bmps is to big.
or you can use imgur or some other site you can upload pics too.
and a link to any video you make rather than the video.

What's to stop me cheating?
Nothing.. but if you're going to fake times you have to get to the start grid anyway...
so why not just put the effort in to making a run?
You're so clever with all your image manipulation skills you'd make a good racer,
just have a go - it's not about the winning.

What is this farce?... I demand to speak to Bucky!
You're right of course, and we hope the Buckyball Run will return, but Bucky's not here at the moment...
we have a Buckybot and he just says one thing: 'Shut up and race!'

Last edited:
I'm delighted to see this first event! Unfortunately I'm still down in the core and I don't think I'll be back in time but if I do make it back I'm definitely interested

I'm looking forward to this and I'll be on the starting line sometime this weekend. Thanks robinjb! o7

I'm delighted to see this first event! Unfortunately I'm still down in the core and I don't think I'll be back in time but if I do make it back I'm definitely interested
sorry there wasn't a bit more notice and your going to miss it cheetah, they'll be more coming hopefully, I knew there'd always be someone off on a A*run when ever we raced these, we cant wait for all of you to get back or wed never hold one. this is just a warm up though.. to sate the crazy ones and introduce new racers to the format and get some practice on a run that doesn't take a whole day... or more.

I'm looking forward to this and I'll be on the starting line sometime this weekend. Thanks robinjb! o7

Cool, there's a bit in the middle of the run where I hope you go.. have I visited 5 systems or 6 punk?.. do I feel lucky?.. no.
so you have to alt tab to check your screenshots folder. make a note if your vidding it. hmm... maybe I shouldnt give tips out before its even started.

Oh yes baby!
And yes, I will be setting off at 00:00 GMT tonight ;)

good to see you ready for it Anuranium, you don't have to register for a warm up just stick the details in your submission email.
but by all means you certainly can, i'm not doing a start grid for these see.
trying to cut down on everyones paper work as getting the 9 shots together and to me is hassle enough. ;)

This is now on the website as well :)
Cheers Drakhyr

Last edited:
Cool, there's a bit in the middle of the run where I hope you go.. have I visited 5 systems or 6 punk?.. do I feel lucky?.. no.
so you have to alt tab to check your screenshots folder. make a note if your vidding it. hmm... maybe I shouldnt give tips out before its even started.
Haha, I did that all the time in BBR7, even with a written list, and I've already been thinking about how many problems I'm going to have in the Kessel Run with all those Kessel outposts to visit! :D

good to see you ready for it Anuranium, you don't have to register for a warm up just stick the details in your submission email.
but by all means you certainly can, i'm not doing a start grid for these see.
trying to cut down on everyones paper work as getting the 9 shots together and to me is hassle enough. ;)
Aww, but these posts are a tradition:

OPEN UNLIMITED
CMDR Raiko
Ship Class: Asp Explorer
Ship Name: The Nomad

:)

No fuel scoops on this one, right?

im not sure where you've got that from, have I written in the description no fuel scoops?.. I cant see it.

its about 600 ly there and back.. so im not sure id recommend that
best times are from the lightest ships, and as a fuel scoop has no weight.. you can get a longer jump range.. carrying 2 max jumps of fuel , or one even if all your plotted course systems are scoopable.
hence get there quicker ( if you can scoop enough fuel in the jump cooldown)
or if you want to take lots of fuel tanks.. cool. or do econo jumping thatd make it an extra challenge. better keep the fuel rats in mind though eh.

When you say 'no fuel scoops' do you mean that you're allowed to dock to take on more fuel? or do you mean that you have to have one load for the whole journey?
ive not said no fuel scoops , I don't think.. If I have I wasn't supposed to, because the idea is to get a quick time.. and you cant do that without a fuel scoop

Last edited:
Can you enter this multiple times in different ships?

We have 2 classes open unlimited and solo unlimited, I think we are only taking the best time from a pilot in each of these classes.
you can race it multiple times in different ships to get the best time how ever.. and if you want to start in one ship.. and submit times then at the end change ship... get a better time.. and submit that.. only your best time will be on the board at the end for a class.
though the fastest ship types will probably get some extra large font action on them on the board.

Edit - I am starting think that it may be better for pilots to compete against the same ship type... as the anaconda or asp would probably win this one.. so maybe we can have an overall quickest and quickest for ship type.
ill consult the buckybot.

Last edited:
im not sure where you've got that from, have I written in the description no fuel scoops?.. I cant see it.

Sorry, I meant not as a game rule, but as an optimized approach (e.g. Anaconda with 32+128+64+64T fuel tank). But then later I read that people use scoops and still press the Jump button right after the FSD cooldown, so taking a scoop hardly hurts.

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant not as a game rule, but as an optimized approach (e.g. Anaconda with 32+128+64+64T fuel tank). But then later I read that people use scoops and still press the Jump button right after the FSD cooldown, so taking a scoop hardly hurts.

ahh ok cool, I thought Id given the wrong instructions for a while there.
sure you can stack tanks on so you don't have to bother scooping.
the warm ups are a place where you can try all sorts of things out to get a good time.

I chose the V8.

OPEN UNLIMITED
CMDR Orange Sheets
Ship Class: Viper Mk III
Ship Name: Dinki-Di

Starting within two hours.

---
<older>

I'm in. Might have a go within next six hours, and will update this post with the details then.

Still pondering on whether to enter with highly competed T6 (trusty 'Kirsty'), or normalspace race rocket Viper (the 'Dinki-Di')...

Last edited:
I intended on posting this earlier

Anaconda with 240t of fuel no fuel scoop
jump range at start 28.57
27 minutes and 27 seconds
fuel tank 54% reservoir 95% at end
27 jumps

Anaconda with 24t of fuel 7a fuel scoop
jump range at start 39.74
24 minutes and 18 seconds
I had to change route once as well as problems with the galaxy map
21 jumps

I'm in. Might have a go within next six hours, and will update this post with the details then.

Still pondering on whether to enter with highly competed T6 (trusty 'Kirsty'), or normalspace race rocket Viper (the 'Dinki-Di')...

I saw the lasercow ( anuraniums type 6 ) at ohms last night. though he hasn't emailed me his race pics yet, if you want someone to race against.
Ill put up the board for day one after midnight if anyone wants to get on it by then

Anaconda with 24t of fuel 7a fuel scoop , 24 minutes and 18 seconds
cool, I can put your time up on the unofficial section, and if you want to email your pics to me I can make it official.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom