Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: Warm Up Race 01 'The Pleiades Hip Hop'. 1st-9th August 15.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying that this comps been rigged, but something fishy is going on because I've been interdicted by an anonymous Eagle each and every time I've been on the final inter-planetary stretch of the race! Inconceivable!

This calls for drastic measures...

It's not just you, that little b*****d comes for me too. The really annoying thing is that he demands cargo when I don't even have a cargo hold. You know what, I'm back in my battle Python now and I'm half tempted to fly back over there and give that little s**t a piece of my mind.

Quiet today on the board with only 2 changes to times.
I was planning to make another run last night, but I messed up my recording and departure the first time, went back to the start and then found that the Gas Giant that Ohm's orbiting was completely blocking my first jump. I was a bit tired at the time, so by the time I'd decided what to do about the obscured jump, I'd already wasted too much time to improve my run.

I went out to check some of the systems for the Bootlegger Challenge instead. I'm planning to return to Ohm Horizon tonight for another shot. :)

I'm back, a fuel deprived CMDR rescued, data sold and now parked at Ohm Horizons. So, better make it official:

CMDR Rusticolus
Asp "Dark Star"
Open Unlimited

Good luck! It's a fun little race, but I hope you've not forgotten how to dock! ;)

I hope you've not forgotten how to dock! ;)

That's what shields are for and I never get tired of hearing "Hull compromised" ;)

Cracking race Kliggson, I really enjoyed it. I did it once with full ratting kit to get a feel for the route then ran it once with a little less weight (results in the mail).

I'll try to sneak another run or two in before closing on Sunday to improve my time :)

Why is everyone doing this in open? I'd love to keep my first place on the solo board of course... You're much less likely to get interdicted there, which in my view is irrelevant to the race.

Curious about the two fastest times. How many jumps? I did 20 jumps in an Anaconda with 48T fuel cap, 7A scoop and boost capacity.

Why is everyone doing this in open?

Us Buckballers are a fearless lot generally and laugh in the face of Solo ... Mwahaha (damn, I've been interdicted) Mwaha.

For the record, I got my DBX down to 8 jumps there, 6 more jumps for the remaining sisters, and then 8 jumps back again. Short of taking a hacksaw to it's fins I'm not it can do better than that.

Really tempted to have a go in the Asp but I'm pleased with my DBX time and I'd knock myself off the leaderboard on my first run :-(

I used 8 jumps there and back, plus 6 jumps around the sisters as well. I don’t think anything except for the Conda can make it there in 7.

As for solo, we've got a nice community both on the forum and in the game, it's not the same without being in open.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck Drakhyr. :)

Why is everyone doing this in open? I'd love to keep my first place on the solo board of course... You're much less likely to get interdicted there, which in my view is irrelevant to the race.

Curious about the two fastest times. How many jumps? I did 20 jumps in an Anaconda with 48T fuel cap, 7A scoop and boost capacity.

I didn't see a reason to go solo, there wasn't anyone around.

In my anaconda I did 8 jumps there and back plus 6 while there, which is not really exploiting its range advantage. You could do the same in an Asp, and maybe even in a DBX. If you strip down an anaconda then I think you can do 7 jumps to asterope but you'd need 8 back, as far as I could tell. So you could probably take a minute off my time.

When I pulled out of Ohm earlier tonight to go trading I saw that Drakhyr was docked and wished him well. I hope he had a good run. :)

Heres the board update for Day 6
brcwur01_board_D6.jpg

2 new racers put up some good times, but as they are BB vets I should hope so too.
CMDR Rusticulous just back from sag went straight into the race and took the Black Star to Pleiades and back in 20:41
lavian brandy and cigar for you sir!
and CMDR Samwell Drakhyr flew the Deep blue yonder into the top T6 time but 4th overall in Solo and gets a Black brew and a packet of locusts for his trouble.
Sounds like CMDR woodhouse is getting lonely so ill have a crack at solo laters in my asp 'grey mullet'.
(which I've now done and taken the solo lead sry woodhouse. I actually found it more difficult in solo as I was interdicted a couple of times which ruined the runs ..
and I haven't had any of that all week in open. but 3rd time lucky I got it under 20 mins , that was 7 there , then 6 then 7 back I think
not having a conda anymore since resetting a month back I cant work out if you can get that plot down any more.)

Here's a heads up im off Sunday night, the last day of the race so Drakhyr has kindly offered to step in to do the final board.
ill be back Monday afternoon though to do the round up and work out who gets the bar bill.
I think im here sat now Drak so your off the hook then.
Keep on racing!

Last edited:
I used 8 jumps there and back, plus 6 jumps around the sisters as well. I don’t think anything except for the Conda can make it there in 7.
the asp can do it in 7, get rid of your shields ;)
though boosting out the slot can be a bit dangerous. the shot behind the board for day 6 was my first exit, and if you can see left me with one percent hull.

Last edited:
though boosting out the slot can be a bit dangerous. the shot behind the board for day 6 was my first exit, and if you can see left me with one percent hull.

I woke up with a plan to do it in 7 this morning, then saw you beat me to it ;)

Parked at Ohm Horizons again, hoping to get a run in later :)

What are shields?

I'll go back today and have another look at the destination stars, I don't normally carry shields, but I did have big thrusters, etc. I think I must have been blinkered about having found the best route, not for the first time either. :)

@Robinjb, are you sure you made it in 7?

You'll have to share your secret at the end of the race - I can't see how an Asp can make it.

Man, I've been out of things, good to see that we're back and running, time to pull the Reckless Abandon out of storage and dust her off.
Going to scout the track, then give it a go.

OPEN UNLIMITED
CMDR Mangel
Hauler, "Reckless Abandon"

Last edited:
@Robinjb, are you sure you made it in 7?

You'll have to share your secret at the end of the race - I can't see how an Asp can make it.

I have just spent some time with Dark Star at 38.07 Ly range and can't get it to 7 jumps. I even tried manually plotting the route. And it looks impossible coming back - the 2nd closest star would need greater than 38.4 range to do it in 7.

So, I'll go back to my 3 jump tank and shields to see if I can close the gap on Kliggson's time :)

I have just spent some time with Dark Star at 38.07 Ly range and can't get it to 7 jumps. I even tried manually plotting the route. And it looks impossible coming back - the 2nd closest star would need greater than 38.4 range to do it in 7.

So, I'll go back to my 3 jump tank and shields to see if I can close the gap on Kliggson's time :)

Thanks, I thought I must be going mad, or missing something obvious.

@CMDR Kliggson, you are an awesome pilot, but I'm still going to try and beat your time. :cool:

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom