List of Earth-like worlds, v3

My contribution

Planet name: RHO OPHIUCHI SECTOR ZZ-Y C14 A 6
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/zaGPK
Distance from Sol: 449.75 ly
Exact type of star(s) the planet is orbiting: G7 VAB
Your in-game name: Albreicht
First discovered by: Stella Roma

BLEAE AEWSY FM-M D7-71, around a F star, 12870 ly from Sol, discovered by Rohagus Helden

151028025701764144.jpg

BLAE PHOE AX-I d10-701, around a neutron star and being a moon elw, around 15500 ly from Sol, discovered by Rohagus Helden

151028031120245005.jpg

COL 285 SECTOR YA-D C13-21, 244 ly from Sol, discovered by Spaceman Gron

9741642015102800002.jpg

WREDGUIA SX-L D7-92, two earth like worlds, 502 ly from Sol, discovered by Hanz Goober

1446542125-screenshot-0180.png

Last edited:
Welcome to the list, Albreicht and Ninjamatic21! Nice to see that we have an Xbox commander with us too now. (Unless there was someone else before, and I just didn't know.) Good luck on your expedition!

Oh, and something to mention: earlier on, I said it'll take me a while to look up Sol distances, but now that the beta will be starting next week, I'll be able to do so then. (Note to self: remember to check that I am on the beta build, and not the live one, before pressing self-destruct!)

here's one that wouldnt show on the Galaxy Map until 1.4 update:

COL 359 SECTOR RM-F C26-11
1398LYs from Sol
G3 VAB
Co-ords -460:208:1240
17 Col 359 sector rm-f c26-11.jpg

Now confirmed to me.

Plus
THAILEIA LB-M C21-0
5238LYs from Sol
K1 VA
Co-ord 1100:-1161:4990
16 Thaileia lb-m c21-0.jpg

PYRAMIO DA-P D6-14
6122LYs from Sol
A9 VB
Co-ord 1220:-684:5960
15 Pyramio da-p d6-14.jpg

It's not just you, drkaii unstickied the thread a few days back. See this sticky from now on.

As far as I know the exploration forum has been limited to a certain amount of stickies by 'higher ups', which is a shame because its by far the most creative forum on the entire Frontier Developments website (imho :)). Full of fantastic content players have put together, but limited to what can and can't be stickied.

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
Actually every forum has a limit to the number of stickies it can have.

We are looking at ways to limit the stickies, but still provide easy access to the useful threads, on a per forum basis.

Yesterday night catch, it seems I finally returned to an ELW rich area.

This was 250,000LS away. Starforge is a Dark God.
BLO AUWSY NH-M D7-2, B10 (yes, the tenth planet)
46115.66 Ly from Sol
A8 VB, [F9 VB] (ELW orbits bracketed one)
Blo Auwsy Elw.jpg

BYAA AOD MF-Y C1-0, A2
44258.57LY from Sol
[K5 VA], M2 VA (ELW orbits bracketed one)
Byaa Aod ELW.jpg

Marx,

Leading back to our conversations after the exploration lost data issue, I finally had this response from ED Support:

Hi!

We had a little longer to wait but I do have some awesome news for you!

The data "lost" in the server upgrade was actually only the visibility of the systems you scanned (mostly during 5th to the 6th of October). What this means is that the scanned data you obtained was intact for the entire time, just hidden from you (and me). The conclusion is that you'll still be given (or have been given) credit for all of this data, and all of your first-discovered tags will be applied (but may not show until you look at the system again). This is all assuming your scanned data isn't lost by death :)

That means we should never really have an issue with scanned data and you'll not have lost out on anything other than some visibility of a small set of systems.

I hope this all makes sense, and a huge thanks for your patience while I looked into the issue. If you need a hand with anything else or you have any followup questions, please ask!

It's been a pleasure, Fly safe!

CMDR Vanguard
Elite: Dangerous Customer Support Wing

Hopefully this will mean my 'missing' discoveries will still stand, although I'm not in-game to check these out just yet.

@ Fidden: glad to hear that!

Also, @ Akira: your newest ones are in as well. I'd rep you again if I could, but I need to spread it around again.
Funny that you should mention ELW rich areas, though - it seems like there really are regions where they are more or less frequent. I've been scouring the NGC 2286 cluster for days, finding nothing, then a few jumps after I leave, bam, Earth-like in a different sector. (Looked like a binary pair, in fact... but as it turns out, one was a water world, as it had an average temperature of 380K due to having 13.5% water in the atmosphere.) So yeah, the Stellar Forge is a dark mistress indeed.

@ Fidden: glad to hear that!

Also, @ Akira: your newest ones are in as well. I'd rep you again if I could, but I need to spread it around again.
Funny that you should mention ELW rich areas, though - it seems like there really are regions where they are more or less frequent. I've been scouring the NGC 2286 cluster for days, finding nothing, then a few jumps after I leave, bam, Earth-like in a different sector. (Looked like a binary pair, in fact... but as it turns out, one was a water world, as it had an average temperature of 380K due to having 13.5% water in the atmosphere.) So yeah, the Stellar Forge is a dark mistress indeed.

In my experience the Neutron Fields are the richest ELW regions. Of course if you jump from neutron to neutron you won't notice that, but if switch back in realistic mode you'll see how many hot stars are in there!!! And generally systems get sort of scrambled in the neutron fields. Getting rimwise they become rarer and rarer, untill the extarnal rims where there are few ELWs.

Also on the other side of the galaxy in the 4th Quadrant they seem to disappear in favour of a lot of Ammonia Worlds, wich makes me shiver. In the Silentium region for example star density is quite good, but I've met 3 ELWs in 20,000LY, and 15 Ammonia. And the systems with ELWs had ammonia in them. On our side of the Galaxy they seem more common. That last thing might be due to route plotter randomness, but the fact they are more common in the core & fields is pretty constant in long range explorations reports.

Hi all, most forums we try to keep the maximum amount of stickies to five to six total. Any more and it begins to clutter the forums. Thanks for understanding.

Come on guys! This is one of the BEST threads in this community...put it back as a stickie!

CMDR ASTRONUT.
All discovered by me except where indicated.
AUCONDS EI-M C10-1 2
orbiting star: K2 VA
distance from Sol: 14970
Earth-like AUCONDS EI-M C10-1 2 map.jpg
Eta Carina Sector IH-V C2-5 4
orbiting star: G5 VAB
distance from Sol: 8954
first discovered by: JONDO KOBRAN
Earth-like Eta Carina Sector IH-V C2-5 4 map.jpg
FLYA DRYIAE KO-X D2-6 C 4
orbiting star: K5 VA
distance from Sol: 15514
Earth-like FLYA DRYIAE KO-X D2-6 C 4 map.jpg
FLYA DRYIAE OL-J D10-1 A 6
orbiting star: F9 VB
distance from Sol: 15366
Earth-like FLYA DRYIAE OL-J D10-1 A 6 map.jpg
GRIE EOP QP-V D3-17 2
orbiting star: G6 VAB
distance from Sol: 12042
first discovered by: STULLI
Earth-like GRIE EOP QP-V D3-17 2 map.jpg
HEGE RY-S D3-6 6
orbiting star: F5 VB
distance from Sol: 7237
Earth-like HEGE RY-S D3-6 6 map.jpg
HYPAO AIN JD-Z C27-2 B 3
orbiting star: M7 VA
distance from Sol: 16841
Earth-like HYPAO AIN JD-Z C27-2 B 3 map.jpg
HYPUAE AIP OC-M D7-23 BC 9
orbiting stars: K0 VAB, M2 VA
distance from Sol: 12302
Earth-like HYPUAE AIP OC-M D7-23 BC 9 map.jpg
IC 2944 Sector TE-P D6-1 7
orbiting star: A8 VB
distance from Sol: 5822
first discovered by: CPT NEMO8 18
Earth-like IC 2944 Sector TE-P D6-1 7 map.jpg
NGC 3199 Sector JH-V C2-8 6
orbiting star: G7 VAB
distance from Sol: 15026
first discovered by: SWIFT ARROW
Earth-like NGC 3199 Sector JH-V C2-8 6 map.jpg
PHAE AESCS JB-F D11-18 8
orbiting star: F0 VI
distance from Sol: 14248
Earth-like PHAE AESCS JB-F D11-18 8 map.jpg
PRA EOHN YF-V D3-18 4
orbiting star: F2 VB
distance from Sol: 15912
Earth-like PRA EOHN YF-V D3-18 4 map.jpg
PRO EURL CK-M B48-5 A 1
orbiting star: M6 VA
distance from Sol: 2626
Earth-like PRO EURL CK-M B48-5 A 1 map.jpg
PROO DRYIAE MN-Q D6-0 B 2
orbiting star: K9 VA
distance from Sol: 15159
Earth-like PROO DRYIAE MN-Q D6-0 B 2 map.jpg

just back from a trip to the Lagoon / Omega nebulas
via one of the close white dwarf / neutron star field (starts around 6000ly out from the bubble / 750ly below Omega for those wondering)

got a few more...saw quite a lot of Earthlikes & waterworlds orbiting Neutron stars but the E-L's were all already tagged...suspect if I'd ventured a bit further in might have found one of my own. Probably a higher hit-rate than normal star fields actually, which I wasn't expecting. Also found a half-dozen Ammonia worlds but we're not logging those are we?

sorry didn't log distances from Sol or star types :(
Jadefriendly / CMDR POSTHUMAN

SWOIWNS VS-P B36-0
KcPMAbi.png

DROJEAE PK-B B16-0 (*very* close to star this one...)
bp2onBG.png

CHALUIA GD-R C21-1
5W4QvaW.jpg

GRIA DRYE CC-L D8-20 (my first ringed Earth-like!)
dgaHymS.png

AUCOPP YO-A E1
b9A0HV2.jpg

Top Bottom