CQC Good Game Thread

CQC is fun, but it's also the loneliest PvP game I've ever played. There are a few pilots that I get flustered every time they join; I'm constantly watching out for them, because I know if they get started on me, I'm probably over, but today it was Varis Shield. GGs, man :) I can't keep up with you, and umless I catch you occupied, my chances are not so good. Also, you are really good at getting away; I've lost you so many times that when you bug out, I just change targets :)

CQC is fun, but it's also the loneliest PvP game I've ever played. There are a few pilots that I get flustered every time they join; I'm constantly watching out for them, because I know if they get started on me, I'm probably over, but today it was Varis Shield. GGs, man :) I can't keep up with you, and umless I catch you occupied, my chances are not so good. Also, you are really good at getting away; I've lost you so many times that when you bug out, I just change targets :)

Does he get away with afterburner and max energy to engine? I was using the tactic to escape recently and it worked very well. They'd come at me head on and be firing at each other and something they'd explode after they passed me. I'd go out of range then come back in and target someone else.

I battled that guy earlier this week as well; he's one mighty master. :)
Look out CQC tournament, here comes your victor!! :p

--IronDuke

@Grammaton -- he's good at hugging the structures, but it's more that he leaves headed the right direction. He never seems to freak out and just hit boost, like I do sometimes, and fly into open space. It seems like he leaves with a plan. To date, while there are a lot of pilots I've been against that I think are better than me, Rhetoric is my "bane." I can't beat him, I can't escape him, and it's gotten to the point where facing him flustered me; I make the stupidest mistakes, and die laughing or cursing. Always GG with Rhetoric, too. He has a twitch channel that is worth gold; he's a class act, and very fun to watch play.

Big props to EV1LMUSH! Super fun chases and GG! That was a blast, and I'm pretty sure I never got ya', but you lit me up pretty good a dozen times. I don't think I ever got away from you, either... GGs!

Artysuo, good game, each time you managed to sneak up on me while I am engaged with someone else. Then when I get the drop on you, you know exactly where all the shield boosts are so its hard for me to finish you off before you get the shield boost and flip it around. Unfortunately none of my team mates where any help and if I did get the upper hand it seemed like your team mate would alway come in and kill me. Enjoyable fights s!

I think that CQC feels lonely for the lack of a local/team chat. Sure we can do vocal comms, but not everyone feels like listening to people have their mother yell at them to finish washing the dishes. we need the ability to congratulate fellow team members, and talk some scrap to the opposite team! some measure of 'lobby chat' needs to be instituted.

I think that CQC feels lonely for the lack of a local/team chat. Sure we can do vocal comms, but not everyone feels like listening to people have their mother yell at them to finish washing the dishes. we need the ability to congratulate fellow team members, and talk some scrap to the opposite team! some measure of 'lobby chat' needs to be instituted.

It's kind of cool without it; vitriol seems to run rampant in PvP games. I do the same there as in forums, feign ignorance when someone berates me for helping, and keep right on trying to help. I'm not a fan of trash talk. I wish I could tell new players when I killed them with Weapon Enhance, though.

Just had another couple bouts with Jetdog and Reprobate -- both squirrelly and about impossible to kill. GGs!

Last edited:
Okay, to date Rhetoric has been the player to beat. Alexander the Grape; I was so rattled I couldn't even fly. You and Rhetoric are about impossible to hit and evede. Wow. So far, you two are in a league of your own.

Ouh Nebohtes a lot of chase with you yesterday it was fun! even if i lost all my duel with you.. your skill with the plasma is unbilievable ;) i've cursed you and smiled many time it was intense and fun (for information do you play fa off? )

Ouh Nebohtes a lot of chase with you yesterday it was fun! even if i lost all my duel with you.. your skill with the plasma is unbilievable ;) i've cursed you and smiled many time it was intense and fun (for information do you play fa off? )

?! You were killin' me!! I started avoiding you :) I had a blast, too. I'm FA On 95% of the time. I just use it when I boost through or past an opponent, mostly. GGs!

that's not what i felt behind my screen however it will be a pleasure to hunt you down again and die miserably in my attempt :p

Haha! Then we both win! Intensity is the key, though, and I think we were both getting it, which has been rare for me in games, but the right opponents in CQC deliver it in droves.

yeah you are damn right speaking about intensity now my finger's joint hurt me ^^ but that's the price to pay when you are left handed and playing with a right handed joystick design ^^ and maybe because i've grip too much the stick :p

I had some good matches yesterday with a random group, though I recognized Bektop from the forums, and there was another player I've fought before. Tough fights guys, though I managed to win one or too. Good Game, guys :D

Top Bottom