UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen i fnished investigating Electra system there is nothing to be found there i am starting my investigation of Tygeta .
electra was very interesting though the closest landable planet is red like mars but i searched some POIs there but there seems to be nothing there

Gentlemen i fnished investigating Electra system there is nothing to be found there i am starting my investigation of Tygeta .
electra was very interesting though the closest landable planet is red like mars but i searched some POIs there but there seems to be nothing there

It 'may' need more than a few POI to rule out. I've been on DL-Y D65 1 for about eight/nine hours and I haven't covered enough of it (if the target is a fixed site)

Even if its not fixed and just incredibly rare on the RNG then I still think I need more time to allow it to appear.

Either way, MORNING COMMANDERS!! The search resumes

Just a quick question, but does having the mission increase the chances of finding the Barnacle site? - I spent a long time trying to get the mission to no avail.

Also is anyone searching that still has an active mission?

Any harm that is done to a barnacle by a player will be instantly reported to the other barnacles, so be prepared for the consequences of your actions.

Oh yeah i told you were to look a few days ago...

It 'may' need more than a few POI to rule out. I've been on DL-Y D65 1 for about eight/nine hours and I haven't covered enough of it (if the target is a fixed site)

Even if its not fixed and just incredibly rare on the RNG then I still think I need more time to allow it to appear.

Either way, MORNING COMMANDERS!! The search resumes
im not investigating the POIs in the classic way , the way im searching is looking for green light coming form the barnacles like in the trailer

Im spending a bit of time on the dark sides of the two tidally locked planets 2 and 3 I believe. If nothing else, the lack of system starlight makes the galaxy shine beautifully.

I had hoped Alcyone would yield results, but there are no bodies other than the main star. Shame, too. Alcyone attracted the attention of the god Poseidon and bore him several children. Barnacles would have been a fitting find there ;).

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Im spending a bit of time on the dark sides of the two tidally locked planets 2 and 3 I believe. If nothing else, the lack of system starlight makes the galaxy shine beautifully.

I had hoped Alcyone would yield results, but there are no bodies other than the main star. Shame, too. Alcyone attracted the attention of the god Poseidon and bore him several children. Barnacles would have been a fitting find there ;).

oops,. meant to q

After getting my newbie going (he has become a great fighter in 1 hour and is sitting on a Viper already), I'm heading towards Sterope II to start the search there. Very similar name to Merope and right in the middle of the nebula. Has this system been thoroughly searched already? Don't even know yet if it has land-able planets...

Im spending a bit of time in Electra on the dark sides of the two tidally locked planets 2 and 3 I believe. If nothing else, the lack of system starlight makes the galaxy shine beautifully.

also keep that in mind that wee need to search the dark side of the planets too increase the odds of detecting the barnacles

I searched the planets of Atlas last night for hours.

If we are going the brute force scouring way, which it seems we are, we would have better chance at seeing stuff in wings of four ships flying in formation, extending the field of view by four times.

Even a wing of two will be two times faster.

I don't know if I'll be able to play tonight it being friday and I have a microphone problem with my new PC but I'm willing to wing up and search together if anyone's up for it. Probably tomorrow evening though, European time.

I'm at work, about to start doing real life research with this machine now :D

lab.jpg

Last edited:
After following 3 mega threads I decided I want to help you guys. I just arrived to 7 sisters nebula. Ill leave maia and merope to you guys, but ill be checking the other stars and moons with my combat ready annie.

Ill let you know if I find anything.

Hello fellow CMDRs. Today i will be flying around the various moons of Merope, but instead of just flying over the planet i am going to concentrate my search over areas of interest, such as the green canyons found on some moons, deep craters and the sides of mountains. I have noticed that a lot of these places are often in shadow or just dark if deep enough, and what better place to 'hide' barnacles than deep, dark craters/canyons and crashed ships ( do not know if crashed ships and barnacles are related) . If nothing else i will have fun flying NOE through these dark places. Will report any findings (if any) later today.

Any harm that is done to a barnacle by a player will be instantly reported to the other barnacles, so be prepared for the consequences of your actions.

Oh yeah i told you were to look a few days ago...

Oh btw what about Pleione 4. Its a greenish planet, it is one of the sister systems in the paldies nebula. it has a ring system, and the surface is green, ive been poking around for 3 hours now without much luck. that is driving around planet side however.

It is also metal rich and has iron magma volcanism.

so dont be shooting the barnicles.

Last edited:
Well u would think with hundreds and thousands of playes and nearly a week of working barnaicles-meta alloys there would be something ( in any game a feature thats meant to be even rare as meta alloys are meant to be at the moemtn should have yielded something) which then sherlock would say the obvious solution is the one thats right in front of us, something is still bugged

And we know from experience that Fdevs programming talent to get things working as intended, and to quality approaval process to make sure theres no buggy code, is not very good at all.

Im gunna call a bug , or a loot table / POI placement table something server database side query is out and Micheal brookes has just been stringing us along itll the find it would lvoe to be proven wrong for once

If the barnacle POIs are fixed then it will potentially require a lot more than a week to find one even with thousands of people looking. I calculated the surface area of the landable bodies in just the Merope system and it was significantly larger than the surface area of the Earth.

Aside from that I don't think there have been hundreds let alone thousands of people searching the Pleiades and the real effort only started 24 hours ago.

We don't need any more hints, we need hard work.
Some "Old time" Canonn team may have rage quit..... and some may already be back with new identities as we had to hide them from the Tharogoids;)
We are all Missing something............
in the name of open science which is Canonn policy, Panzer noted something last night that needs further investigation.
When you view a planet in the system map you see it represented as a sphere with squares, longitude and latitude. Easy enough
Zoom out a little and you see "Rings" around the planet
Look closely they are broken rings, and look like "...-----..-----" is Morse encoded in the rings ????
Then rotate and tilt the planet, you can either get rid of the rings OR get loads of rings !!!
Keep following .....
If you get loads of rings and each ring contained Morse for a set of co-ordinates ???????
could this be the key to pin pointing a SSI (Site of Scientific Interest) aka "Barnacles" :eek:
How many rings needed for a fix ? 4 maybe ?
Haw many rings can you get ?
Working in RL today and will be testing theory tonight, In the mean time Sub Commander Outspan should be in game later
and on the hunt, she has a habit of finding things ;):p
Fly safe commanders and fly with Patience...o7

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom