Ships Rear Admiral's lounge

Use this thread to discuss the great Corvette, pride of the federation!
image.jpeg
Post your builds, talk about it's pros, cons, peculiarities, anything!
Image by VictoriaG

Last edited:
It's a fantastic ship, my favourite in the game. I even get messages from other players, saying things like, "nice ride man"
and "wow, great ship". Players will often fly really close to get a good look.
It's a sexy ship alright. Only thing I don't like is that it is so slow. I have been interdicted by players several times, and they have all ended up running away, and the corvette can't catch them.

The retracting C4 mounts are coolest aspect of this ship IMO.

With the angular profile of the ship I wish we had a Star Destroyer paint job for it.

After the disappointment that the Anaconda was for me, I was really hesitant to even buy one. But then I thought, what the heck, it's just make-believe money anyway, go for it! Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the Corvette, this ship actually moves when you yank on the stick. Still feels like a big ship, but there is none of that stuck-in-molasses feeling I get every time I sit down on the Conda's bridge.

She's nothing too fancy, but after just a few hours I can honestly say that I love her already. :)

Although I am a big fan of imperial ships I bought the corvette last night since the cutter was a real disappointment. So first impression.. I was very surprised with the bridge. Interior is clean, elegant and sporty . Feels really great to fly this ship and look at its nose from inside. Much much better than the annaconda. If the annaconda feels like a Mercedes then the corvette feels like a bmw. The outside is also an amazing design and fits the core dynamics style. It flies well for its size not boring like the Annie and cutter. Really like the huge hardpoints. Their placement is perfect for combat and give a badass look to the ship.

Now the cons. Why on earth this ship has small hardpoints? I don't know yet if the firepower is nice for this ship but I don't want small hardpoints on board. Is it a joke or something? If it was a real life ship the small weapons would look like tooth picks. 2 huge and 3 large or 2 huge 2 large and 3 medium please. And the jump range. What can I say. I plotted a route to a nearby system for a hazres and the line on the galaxy map seemed like a crack from a broken canopy. 11ish LY since I got A rated stuff. Parked it and it will stay there only to visit the hazres. All in all a really nice ship. I seriously hope this ship gets at least 5 more LY when fully kitted just to be able to move around.

Last edited:
Help me out here folks - 8D power distributor or A7 power distributor? On paper the A7 seems better - faster recharge, more capacity but somehow a downclass in a slot just seems wrong. Using it for general trading and not boosting away from NPC interdictions. Mostly 2E Turret beams for weapons and a host of shield boosters. As I said, mostly for trading (464 cargo) but don't want to have to run from most NPC fights. Also not good at combat - hence the turrets - and not looking for trouble.

I really want one, but I can't really decide with myself if the purpose of this ship does not exist in the game yet...?

It's an awesome ship for combat.I wouldn't use it for trade though despite the argument that it can only be mass locked by a cutter.

My favourite part of the Federal Corvette is the jump range - exactly where it should be
Reading all the q uimming threads makes me happy

Help me out here folks - 8D power distributor or A7 power distributor? On paper the A7 seems better - faster recharge, more capacity but somehow a downclass in a slot just seems wrong. Using it for general trading and not boosting away from NPC interdictions. Mostly 2E Turret beams for weapons and a host of shield boosters. As I said, mostly for trading (464 cargo) but don't want to have to run from most NPC fights. Also not good at combat - hence the turrets - and not looking for trouble.

The only thing the 8D has going for it is the 16t less mass compared to the A7, or in other words +0,12LY jump range. The 7A will let you boost more often, let your turrets shoot for longer and fill up empty capacitors more quickly than the 8D. That it seems wrong to you does not change the fact that in most aspects the 7A is the superior module.

The first couple of times I took one out I thought to myself "Blah, doesn't DPS as well as my conda" and I parked it up.

I took it out again last week to play around with weapons etc. What I hadn't realised was the amount of abuse the ship can take. Fight after fight the shields held strong with barely a shield-cell bank needed.

The Anaconda feels like it's always towing something behind it. The Corvette feels like a proper, large fighting and tanking machine.

The jump range is beyond painful but after you've spent your entire weekend jumping 50 light years to your mates it really shines through :)

Why only 464T cargo?......you can have 584T cargo

Do you all find this more fun than an A-rated FDL for combat scenarios? Even taking on the NPC versions, I was surprised by the corvette's pitch agility and am consider one.

The only thing the 8D has going for it is the 16t less mass compared to the A7, or in other words +0,12LY jump range. The 7A will let you boost more often, let your turrets shoot for longer and fill up empty capacitors more quickly than the 8D. That it seems wrong to you does not change the fact that in most aspects the 7A is the superior module.

Oh good. I'm quite happy to stick with the A7 but wondered if I was missing a trick is all. Thanks for the reply.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Why only 464T cargo?......you can have 584T cargo

Purely because I'm running a bi-weave 7C in a 128T cargo slot - that and a fuel scoop and the trading is not 'pure'. I like to roam around and mix things up now and again, dedicated trading can be fun - if shieldless - but can also get dull quickly.

Do you all find this more fun than an A-rated FDL for combat scenarios? Even taking on the NPC versions, I was surprised by the corvette's pitch agility and am consider one.

Piloting the Corvette like a bigger, slower FDL actually works surprisingly well. Obviously it can't quite keep up with a FDL in maneuvers and you have to boost more often but you get amazing alpha strike potential.

I have now too a Corvette and man what a lovely ship it is! Looks great from the Cockpit and from the Outside, flying it feels great and those 2 Class4 Plasmas are incredible fun!

It does feel a bit like a upgrade to the FDL, which is probably part of the reason why I love it so much :D

Although I am a big fan of imperial ships I bought the corvette last night since the cutter was a real disappointment. So first impression.. I was very surprised with the bridge. Interior is clean, elegant and sporty . Feels really great to fly this ship and look at its nose from inside. Much much better than the annaconda. If the annaconda feels like a Mercedes then the corvette feels like a bmw. The outside is also an amazing design and fits the core dynamics style. It flies well for its size not boring like the Annie and cutter. Really like the huge hardpoints. Their placement is perfect for combat and give a badass look to the ship.

Now the cons. Why on earth this ship has small hardpoints? I don't know yet if the firepower is nice for this ship but I don't want small hardpoints on board. Is it a joke or something? If it was a real life ship the small weapons would look like tooth picks. 2 huge and 3 large or 2 huge 2 large and 3 medium please. And the jump range. What can I say. I plotted a route to a nearby system for a hazres and the line on the galaxy map seemed like a crack from a broken canopy. 11ish LY since I got A rated stuff. Parked it and it will stay there only to visit the hazres. All in all a really nice ship. I seriously hope this ship gets at least 5 more LY when fully kitted just to be able to move around.
The small hard points are for debuff weapons like the pulse disruptors. I saw a video and if you carry 2 of them then you can keep some one dead in space in front of you because their thrusters are gone (they knock other things off line like shields and FDS at the same time). And when that video was uploaded they could also fully reset the FDS charge forcing them to stay in that space with you. That's what those are for with out having to give up all the other nice big hard points for a c1 pulse advantage.
EDIT: Here is that video link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9OuGaD4kBQ

Last edited:
Top Bottom