record for largest single trade...

Anyone know what the record is for the largest profit on a single trade is?

-----
EDIT
-----
Current contenders:

Jesters09 25.9M(!)
Barman31 11.7M
Kay Mnumen 9.86M
EddyRockSteady 6.72M
fossil 4.4M
Fredd Mayfield 4.4M
colprice2002 4.4M
FalconFly 3.87M
F.Deladame 3.03M
777Driver 2.5M
Gibbralter 2.3M
Zazzilas Arden 2.2M
Llao 1.48M
Commander Mike 1.3M
Louella 1.2M
Dear Cmdr Mnumen,
It's 6.5M and not 1.48M......:D
Goodluck and fly safe.
#ForTheMug

Easiest way to break this record would be to farm barnacles. There's 65 million just waiting to be snapped up. Granted, it will take a wee bit of time but so does everything in Elite :D

Easiest way to break this record would be to farm barnacles. There's 65 million just waiting to be snapped up. Granted, it will take a wee bit of time but so does everything in Elite :D

It would be horrifically slow...
Given that you can capture 2x per spawn, then you have to transfer to ship's cargo. Reset the instance to get more barnacles, get 2 more, recall your ship drive around 500m, tranfer again...

Mind you, even farming at a rate of 2 every 5 minutes that would result in around 13m of cargo per hour plus now we have the CG to give a little boost to the end result (assuming it has a cash-payout reward)

Can't compete with 25 mill, but 8,9 mill are pretty awesome. Was a full hold of crystalline gold :) o9SUQSo.jpg

Dear Cmdr Mnumen,
It's 6.5M and not 1.48M......:D
Goodluck and fly safe.
#ForTheMug

Of course! Corrected.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

So, what your saying is, genocide pays?

Given that you can capture 2x per spawn, then you have to transfer to ship's cargo. Reset the instance to get more barnacles, get 2 more, recall your ship drive around 500m, tranfer again...

Mind you, even farming at a rate of 2 every 5 minutes that would result in around 13m of cargo per hour plus now we have the CG to give a little boost to the end result (assuming it has a cash-payout reward)

I'm not sure I approve of 'reset the instance'. IMHO that's not really in the spirit of the game and I wouldn't do it that way (mind you, I won't be shooting barnacles anyway cos, you know, genocide). Still, ccan't argue with it if the numbers appear in your stats tab...

Not sure when it changed but i was able to board my ship and the cargo was automatically added to the ships manifest. A small seed up at least :).

View attachment 97333

Here is the result of Barnacle Genocide in an anaconda. Kind of hoping someone will show up to find out who has been stealing all their eggs.

I've been parked up next to a Barnacle in a 336-ton Anaconda and the SRV rat-race is soul-destroying..........It just makes absolutely no sense that there's all of a sudden an unlimited supply of meta-alloys from a non-sustainable source.

I've been parked up next to a Barnacle in a 336-ton Anaconda and the SRV rat-race is soul-destroying..........It just makes absolutely no sense that there's all of a sudden an unlimited supply of meta-alloys from a non-sustainable source.

Unlimited supply? I haven't started on the community goal yet but I was only ever able to get 2 alloy at a time, how is everybody getting so many now?

I agree that the SRV rat-race is pretty tragic, it took about 5.5 hrs of grind to fill up the Anaconda. To be honest total profit wise you could make more by grinding smuggling in the same time but for highest single transaction it will be hard to better. (Until someone takes the time to fill up an Imperial Cutter that is)

I am really just hoping that if we shoot enough Barnacles that we might find something interesting show up to investigate.

Pray tell what's the secret? :D

Well, what you do is..

First you need to [REDACTED]. Then go to [REDACTED] and buy [REDACTED]. Then you need [REDACTED], and if you load [REDACTED] which will take about [REDACTED] hours.
Then fly to [REDACTED] and sell the [REDACTED] for an amazing profit.

It really is that simple.

Top Bottom