Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: Secret Scramble Mid Week Madness

brcmwm_secscram_flyerx.png

BRC MWM SECRET SCRAMBLE

psst... wanna do a buckyball race? keep it on the hush hush... but i hear there's a secret scramble going on at Pongkala 8th to 10th.
Dont tell anyone what ship your running in.. and dont tell anyone your time....and if you find a good route dont tell anyone till after the race.

The Event is on from 8TH MAR AT 00:00GMT and finishes at 23:59PM GMT 10TH 3302 at Pongkala - Aikin City
VISIT ANY 6 STATIONS OUT OF THE 12 IN THE LIST IN ANY ORDER AND RETURN TO AIKIN CITY
the valid station list is here:-
START Pongkala - Aikin City
VISIT ANY 6 of these 12 stations in any order

Kamuti - Smith terminal
Benapus - Fowler city
Benapus - Walker city
Rutena - Weitz City
Prajau - Landis Orbital
Yun Dun - Andrews Hub
Yun Dun - Crook City
Mau - Sheffield Hub
Windizetet - Paulmier de gonneville dock
Nganji - Vizcaino Enterprise
Alexis centauri - Rosy
Alexis Centauri - Bale

FINISH Pongkala - Aikin City

RACE NOTES
Time required :20-30 minutes
The event is open to all CMDRS and takes place mostly in uncontrolled neutral space.
There are no classes , any ship any size any load-out can make a run.
there will be a leader board to show position but no times or ship types or names will be posted untill the end of the race.
The winner will be the CMDR with the fastest time at the end of the event.
Posting in this thread your ship type.. ship name.. time and course before the end of the race will not make the buckybot happy. pls keep it secret.

TO ENTER
Post your intent to race and CMDR name, DO NOT POST SHIP TYPE OR NAME IN THIS THREAD PLS!

Once you have completed your run work out your time (http://www.timeanddate.com/date/timeduration.html)
Then email your ship type and ship name, time and a zip or link of the 8 screenshots (start time, any 6 station clocks on the list and end time)
to:- BRCWUR@buckyballracing.org.uk
best of luck and shhhhh!

FAQ
-WHAT IS A BUCKYBALL?
its a timetrail race where you can enter as many times as you like
over the course of the event.
-WHY IS IT A SECRET?
Usually in a buckyball , ship types and times are displayed during the event.
In this race we would like you to keep your ship type , time and route a secret till the event is over on thursday midnight.
-WHAT DO i DO?
fly to pongkala aiken city then look at the list of stations.
you have to fly to any 6 of those ..in any order you want.
then fly back to pongkala to finish as quick as you can.
you must take a screenshot at every station visited and at the start and end of the run.
then email the pics or link to the adress above.
-OK IM IN!
Cool. post your CMDR name in the thread and your intent to race
then come back when the 8th arrives to get the station list to choose 6 to visit.
Remember not to discuss your ship type.. or route or time till the end of the race.. keep it a secret.
-WHAT HAPPENED TO SIDEWINDER CLASS AND JOKERS?
I thought it was getting to complicated.. so its all got a lot simpler now sry.
The Secret scramble is over.. unless I get any more submissions.. which I don't think any are coming.. unless its been kept secret ;) the results are...

secret_scrambleL9.jpg

secretScramble_race_route_guide.jpg

Last edited:
Stating my intent to race
I'll be racing my...
ohhh nearly.. you don't want to find out the time penalty for telling the secret bit do you? ;)

nice to have you here guys, I hope you'll enjoy the course.. it should be a quick one.. lots of stations close to drop in.
ill put up the list at midnight tonight.
IX is pretty close..50 ly from pongkala if you need ships and modules.. scully power station there is good.. and with a discount ..apart from if you need a dbx..
they may have them at lu parden. but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:
IX is pretty close..50 ly from pongkala if you need ships and modules.. scully power station there is good.. and with a discount ..apart from if you need a dbx..

Do you happen to know if they stock a ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ... ooh, that was close, nearly fell for that one. Nice Try!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
ohhh nearly.. you don't want to find out the time penalty for telling the secret bit do you? ;)

nice to have you here guys, I hope you'll enjoy the course.. it should be a quick one.. lots of stations close to drop in.

Nope... :p

I didn't even realise there was a system called Ix, that makes me happy. Do they have a minor faction for the guild navigators? :D

[video=youtube;S1gC0Ff-VBk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1gC0Ff-VBk[/video]

Skip to 13:34 I can't seem to link it to start at a certain point :(

Last edited:

Nganji (I think it was) also has pretty good outfitting and ships 19ly nearest High Tech to Pongkala. I've always meant to checkout IX but never got round to it, I guess now is my chance lol.

Oh and, declaring intent to race: CMDR Heat Shield.

Intent to race:

CMDR Cookiebot
No worries, they'll leave the board untouched*. Probably. :D

* BBR7 reference. I'm not sure if they'll ever be allowed to come close to the Shotgun Shine.

Cookiebot force field ...check
Station full with PSB's...check
War started in start system ...check
biggle-ometer readings are pretty high but we are looking alright ;)

Last edited:
EDIT:- Station list is up and the race is on, best of luck.

So I should probably say.. you will see each other on the course and in the gal map if you are in open..
so its cool for you to individually know what each other are flying in .. just keep it secret... if you want to plot and conspire.. cool.. whos to know.. just keep it secret. etc etc..
synthesis.. go for it.. just keep it.. you get the picture.
feel free to talk about a particular station or set of stations.. in the list.. just not your ship name.. or type.. time.. or any clue of system route on the forum pls.
if you are not familiar with solo your map position cannot be seen by anyone on your friends list so you can keep your route secret that way.
if you want to pop back into open at Pongkala at any time.. I will be hanging about at midnight each night. fingers crossed.

Intent to race in The Obvious...oh wait, I'm not Jak.
cool nice to have your other CMDR back in the bubble to secretly scramble..

Last edited:
Kaushpoos is only a couple jumps away and is fairly well stocked as far as outfitting...and had the ships that I could afford to run. :)

Top Bottom