Release Elite: Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hi Otis,

I like to ask, if it is possible to pull the galactic averages for the commodities too? They have changed again and I won't correct them all by hand.

Best regards,

Eventure

I updated them most recently for 2.0.06 here. Have they been changed again?

Sorry, they will change to be correct and we got alot of new commodities with the 1.6/2.1. Perhaps it could be easier to add the average to the export of each commodity to update them on the fly for this and future updates.

Hi,

I downloaded this tool and am reading through the installation instructions:

The first time that you run the app you are prompted for your username and password. This is the same username and password combination that you use to log into the Elite: Dangerous launcher, and is required so that the Frontier servers can send the app your data and the market data for the station that you are docked at.

Now then, when I start the game, I just click on the launcher, and then select the type of game (Horizons, Dangerous 32, dangerous 64, etc.), then click on the PLAY button. It does not ask me for my username or a password. So I assume that this was done when I originally installed the game. Where do I find this "username" and "password"?

Hi,

I downloaded this tool and am reading through the installation instructions:

The first time that you run the app you are prompted for your username and password. This is the same username and password combination that you use to log into the Elite: Dangerous launcher, and is required so that the Frontier servers can send the app your data and the market data for the station that you are docked at.

Now then, when I start the game, I just click on the launcher, and then select the type of game (Horizons, Dangerous 32, dangerous 64, etc.), then click on the PLAY button. It does not ask me for my username or a password. So I assume that this was done when I originally installed the game. Where do I find this "username" and "password"?

Username should be your email address. I can't help you with your password.

Okay guys - thanks for that.
You were correct, it is indeed my e-mail address.
For my password, I guessed at what I would have been thinking at the time - and I guessed right.
So now it works, and it actually updates some market data and I see it in EDDB seconds after I have done so.
This is wonderful, because the systems I frequent, some hadn't been updated for hundreds of days.

Now for the bad (or maybe not) news....

- How do I get it to recognize systems that are not listed in EDDB, but actually exist, because I am there?
- How do I get it to send the information on the target (planet, outpost, etc) distances from the primary to EDDB?
- How do I fix the "Error: cannot retrieve market data!" message (although I am sitting in a station that has a commodities market and has goods for sale)?

Thanks for your time.
I will reward yous with Imperial Slave drops, if you desire.

- How do I get it to recognize systems that are not listed in EDDB, but actually exist, because I am there?
- How do I get it to send the information on the target (planet, outpost, etc) distances from the primary to EDDB?
- How do I fix the "Error: cannot retrieve market data!" message (although I am sitting in a station that has a commodities market and has goods for sale)?

Thanks for your time.
I will reward yous with Imperial Slave drops, if you desire.

If the systems not in eddb you need to sign up for http://edsm.net and input distances to other systems to generate the coordinates. Generally it should show in ebbd shortly afterwards. Changes to the API in 2.1 should make this unnecesary when coordinates are added to the log.

To add the missing data to eddb go to http://ross.eddb.io and enter it there. Edmc can only provide system, outpost/station name, commodities, outfitting etc. Other data needs manual updating.

I think some stations just don't work properly via the API. I think this is something on fds end and not much that can be done till they fix it.

I have kinda lost the bubble on EDMC and if it's working in the Beta. Is it? LOL.

Also, when 2.1 goes final, will EDMC need a bunch of updates (new commodities, outfitting changes, etc)?

I have kinda lost the bubble on EDMC and if it's working in the Beta. Is it? LOL.

Also, when 2.1 goes final, will EDMC need a bunch of updates (new commodities, outfitting changes, etc)?

As for commodities, I believe it just grabs whatever is there...i.e. not looking for specific commodities. As long as it all fits in the correct format, it is good.

As for the outfitting export, I imagine it is going to need something to handle engineered components...but it will probably still work just ignoring them.

I imagine some work will need to be done to parse out the new coordinates showing up in the log.

HOWEVER...I'm am not the dev here and am just providing best guesses.

Hello!

First of all - great tool! Really like it and use it all the time, thank you for making it.

Question:
Is there support for more than one account? I have an alt account which I run via launcher, and main account, which I run via Steam.

The installation works well with main account, and I'd like to set another instance to use when I switch accounts. Is it possible to just install it in a different folder? I'm running Windows 7. Another problem I foresee is it looks for Steam logs first. Can it be helped?

Just updated and 2.1 is running fine. But the ED Market Connector now says "Invalid Credentials". I reset my info, and got a new confirmation number via email, but even after entering that, it still won't connect.

Anyone else having issues?

Just updated and 2.1 is running fine. But the ED Market Connector now says "Invalid Credentials". I reset my info, and got a new confirmation number via email, but even after entering that, it still won't connect.

Yep, same.

Same here. I've been informed the API has been updated. Guess we'll just have to wait for an update

Me too, keep an eye out for an EDMC update

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom