Powerplay What if...WW2 was fought using Powerplay rules?

London Blitz:

"Hello? Is that Hugh Trenchard?"

"Its three in the morning, Winston. What do you want?"

"Well Hugh, I need to find out who is bombing London. Do you know?"

"What do you mean Winston? I can clearly see bombers over the city from my window."

"But who is sending them, Hugh? We really need to know."

Normandy:

"Ah, Eisenhower! The battle is going well."

"Are you nuts Montgomery? You've occupied Manchester! France is the other way you idiot!"

"But we all agreed that Manchester was better. We voted on it, remember Dwight? I spent a million pounds to overrule everyone else."

Battle of Britain:

"Winston, we are under attack! Huge waves of bombers are over us! Our country is being blown apart!"

"What do you mean? Its a sunny day Attlee. I can't see any bombers in the sky at all."

"But, can't you see them sir? Look at the smoking ruins around us!"

"Clement, have you been on the gin again? Under attack from invisible ghost planes?"

I could go on, but you get the idea. Powerplay has some frankly ridiculous holes that need plugging. We don't know who attacks us, players can avoid everyone and still attack using Solo, and the most efficient weapon is to spend huge sums of money in 5c.

When is this going to change? If you want Powerplay to grow, please stop treating it as a year long beta test and fix these problems.

The War Room

"Good morning, Churchill, let me introduce our latest general, Adolf Hitler."

"Sieg Hei......hello! I am ready to serve you!"

"I don't know Attlee, he looks a bit shifty."

"Nonsense sir! He's been with us for a day and he has no CV. We can trust him implicitly. What should we do next, Adolf?"

"Bomb London!"

Last edited:
Von Manstein: "Mein Führer, Operation Edelweiss has been a success - we took the Caucasus and its valuable oil reserves"
HItler : "What have you done? We can't afford it!"
VM: "How is it possible? It's a wealthy region full of industries and natural resources!"
AH: "But we expanded too much! We now have to let the Soviet take Warsaw if we want to survive..."

Dear Winston Churchill

I'm sorry we got off to a bad start, but I have no one else to turn to.

Stupidly, someone on my staff thought expanding into Russia would be a good idea, and now I need to get out before this expansion hurts my economy.

Could you be a true friend and counter this by fighting my uncontrollable military forces there?

Yours,

Adolf

Darwin:

"Strewth, Bruce, the whole bloody city's on fire."

"I know, Bruce, it happens every week. No idea how; these bombs just fall from the sky."

"What about those Japanese, Bruce, aren't we at war with them or something?"

"Thats what they say, Bruce, but look up there - clear as day. In fact, it is day. Let's ask Bruce, he'll know"

"Hey Bruce!"

"Yes, Bruce?"

"Bruce and I 'ere were wondering if you knew who's been dropping these bombs on us, Bruce?"

"Well I don't know, Bruce. I found one of them, it had an X in a Box on it. No idea what that means, Bruce. It's a mystery."

"It sure, is, Bruce, it sure is. By the way Bruce, thats a nice sheep you've got there. Are you going to shear it?"

"Get off Bruce, find yer own sheep."

Churchill: "So, Admiral Tovey, how are things going with convoy PQ-17?"
Tovey: "Fine, Sir. We have no news since it left Iceland"
WC: "But it should have reached Arkhangelsk by now, did the Russians confirm that it arrived?"
Tovey: "No, but if the Germans say nothing, we may assume that the convoy is still safe"

Last edited:
"Well, according to us, Great Britain expanded into Africa, Italy went into turmoil and Japan fortified Singapore- meaning Germany could not have expanded into Poland and Belgium came out on top somehow..."

What happened in Normandy? It was all standing proud just an hour ago and suddenly it's under american control?
Damn merit bombs.

Mein dear Fuhrer, ze Communists have overrun our base with ze tanks. But it's okay, we have killed their commander so he lost his merits and our base is untouched now.

Last edited:
I am sorry Mr Churchill, but we cannot force those people whom you mention out of the conflict for 3 reasons.
1) They are English too and have just as much right to fight as the other Englishmen,
2) You are just a named figurehead and have no say in England's war policies, its a kind of altruistic committee affair - no idea why,
3) Nothing anyway can be done until Thursday morning when the clock strikes tick.

"Hey herr Von Braun, you have some nice V-2s there, do you mind if I take some?"

"Not at all, come and join us!"

"Great!"

---- After 4 weeks ----

"Hey herr Von Braun, thinking better about it, I'm going back with the allies. Oh, and we'll bomb Berlin. With your V-2s. Thanks!"

London Blitz:

"Hello? Is that Hugh Trenchard?"

"Its three in the morning, Winston. What do you want?"

"Well Hugh, I need to find out who is bombing London. Do you know?"

"What do you mean Winston? I can clearly see bombers over the city from my window."

"But who is sending them, Hugh? We really need to know."

Normandy:

"Ah, Eisenhower! The battle is going well."

"Are you nuts Montgomery? You've occupied Manchester! France is the other way you idiot!"

"But we all agreed that Manchester was better. We voted on it, remember Dwight? I spent a million pounds to overrule everyone else."

Battle of Britain:

"Winston, we are under attack! Huge waves of bombers are over us! Our country is being blown apart!"

"What do you mean? Its a sunny day Attlee. I can't see any bombers in the sky at all."

"But, can't you see them sir? Look at the smoking ruins around us!"

"Clement, have you been on the gin again? Under attack from invisible ghost planes?"

I could go on, but you get the idea. Powerplay has some frankly ridiculous holes that need plugging. We don't know who attacks us, players can avoid everyone and still attack using Solo, and the most efficient weapon is to spend huge sums of money in 5c.

When is this going to change? If you want Powerplay to grow, please stop treating it as a year long beta test and fix these problems.

This post is the single best thing to have come out of Powerplay.

Von Manstein: "Mein Führer, Operation Edelweiss has been a success - we took the Caucasus and its valuable oil reserves"
HItler : "What have you done? We can't afford it!"
VM: "How is it possible? It's a wealthy region full of industries and natural resources!"
AH: "But we expanded too much! We now have to let the Soviet take Warsaw if we want to survive..."

This is the saddest part of powerplay.
The economics of it are ridiculous, even.

What happened in Normandy? It was all standing proud just an hour ago and suddenly it's under american control?
Damn merit bombs.

Mein dear Fuhrer, ze Communists have overrun our base with ze tanks. But it's okay, we have killed their commander so he lost his merits and our base is untouched now.
This is just lazy design, for some gameplay reasons that are really not as important as they sound (to have fear of losing your merits).

Last edited:
"Hey herr Von Braun, you have some nice V-2s there, do you mind if I take some?"

"Not at all, come and join us!"

"Great!"

---- After 4 weeks ----

"Hey herr Von Braun, thinking better about it, I'm going back with the allies. Oh, and we'll bomb Berlin. With your V-2s. Thanks!"

Sorry, John, I can't give you a rep on this at the moment. It says I did that too recently. I think that's a bug, I wouldn't ever give you rep.

So... if we're the allies, we're the good guys, right? I knew it! :)

Top Bottom