Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club Presents :- BuggyBall 2 :- Jailbreak (Ao Kang 31st May -2nd June)

After numerous aborted runs (and a couple that were OK'ish but no better than yesterday's) I decided to abandon racing entirely and instead figured it was high time I actually attempted to break Igor out of jail ..
Yes, that's the spirit.. looks like there are 7 Igor coblimski's on the Zalyotin prisoner manifest.. are you sure you got the right one? ;)

Leaderboard update
BB2_LB03.jpg

1 new entry for the middle of the last day. Cheetah and his buggy 'Pontiac Dream' take to the course to go 9th in the Jailbreak class.

Last edited:
Definitely, the trick is to spend as much time airborne and tilting forward while thrusting as possible. Balanced with the need to find hills to bounce off of to stay in the air and make sure you land well. Wheels on ground just slows you down, puts you at the mercy of rocks, and leads to spinouts.
Wow, that's fast! Great driving flying! :eek:
At least I tried to do it the right way then. Now onto practicing... :eek:

Bunch of awesome videos
Great stuff!
vRep +1000 :)

I see you and raise you this [big grin]:

[video=youtube_share;gQ0t3DWVwnE]https://youtu.be/gQ0t3DWVwnE[/video]

On a side note...was strolling around Zalyotin searching for a way to create a, ehm, "diversion" for our good Igor guy, when some very large kind of bug splat itself on my windscreen...
4rl5Bmt.jpg

Hello cookiehole :D

I'm pleased to know that others have similar struggles to keep the buggy upright and heading in the right direction! Though I will say that repair synthesis is your friend...

+vrep to AkenB for the cookiebugsplat :D

Leaderboard update last Day 8 PM GMT
BB2_LB03b.jpg

2 new entrys on the board.
Aken B puts in a fantastic performance in jail break to take 1st place by 1 second.. wow.. that is the narrowest of margins..
Also posting a great time in county line to take 2nd place back.
Terrorsidic has beaten the timer and posted in all 3 classes.. these times are quick.. placing him 2nd place in Border run, and 3rd in County and jailbreak.
4 Hrs left, will we see a run from rewision and VJ?.. will Raiko have delivered enough coffee to do a run? could we see Ez make an appearance.. rumor is he has a buggy ;)
Will SushiCW respond to Aken B's time.. will anyone break out the correct Igor?.. will Foxtwo find the PSB's at Wells relay?.. when will all the wars stop? who knows?.... we will find out.

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Nope, no improvements from me I'm afraid. I've run 4 races today, the first 2 were alongside Aken B. We both aborted the first run after 5 minutes or so when we had separate rock encounters, it was really good to run along side someone, although I notice the damage magnification is still present :( The second run was 5 minutes slower than my submitted time, 3 ended in... well... another encounter with a *~@£$%# rock :mad:
(Note how the first one I hit takes off 2% hull and the next 23%) [sour]
[video=youtube_share;wTbVlecvTUY]https://youtu.be/wTbVlecvTUY[/video]
The only good thing is that I've got a couple of hours of footage to break down so I can show the dreadful inconsistency and damage some of these rocks cause, look out for a rant thread and bug reports ;)

It's been really fun and frustrating in equal measures this race, but would definitely do it again :D

Last edited:
I've got to say that now I've started to get it, I don't want to stop! It's a brilliant feeling. I bow out tonight not with a magnificent time but with joy in my heart.

Thanks for the clips of fail. I've had a few including the game dropping out when the hard disk bit full. All the best to the rest still on course

It's been really fun and frustrating in equal measures this race, but would definitely do it again :D

Agree. ;)

Tried to squeeze a last minute attempt, but the game clearly said me "NOT!"...I had to retry several times just to be able to enter in the game: it's a thing that's happening since 2.1 hit, most of the times on the first start of the game I'll remain stuck after selecting "start game", sometimes after the "open play", sometimes on loading screens...this evening, I got stuck two times on srv deploying, both times I had to close the client and restart, just to find myself hovering 10 km above Zalyot...then, suffered multiple transaction errors, and several occasions of the srv suddenly changing its orientation relative to the ground (a thing that has happened several times even in the past days)...

So, in the end, this is how my attempt ended:

[video=youtube_share;QJrfj2w2gaI]https://youtu.be/QJrfj2w2gaI[/video]

I really needed this Insta-pitching Jumping SRV Bug, just because the Random Boulders of Painfully Sudden Stop weren't enough :rolleyes:...

I see you and raise you this [big grin]:

some very large kind of bug splat itself on my windscreen...
Hello cookiehole :D
Completely out of Rep.
Why, just why didn't you use repair synthesis? :p
Has been fun driving with you today (until I heard that explosion a few km in front of me).
I've done a few runs and while I still have a lot to learn (especially not messing up with the landings) it's getting better :)
I really wonder why the Respawn Machine doesn't really work as anticipated, no 'splosions so far (only 4x repairs on the Border Run).
Thanks to Kligg for organizing and to everyone who participated, it has been great fun and I'm really looking forward to more buggy racing. Also looking forward to see the video of that insanely fast 25m run :)

Last edited:
Jailbreak is over, many thanks to you all for joining in. you have brightened up Igors mid week... he should be out and back in the race in 3322... think of him when you are out speeding.. think once.. think twice.. think don't get caught!
Final Call for submissions.. id better give a few hours..

Last edited:
Thanks for the race robinjb! Grats to the winners; and good job to everyone who participated! See you all at the next race. :)

Why, just why didn't you use repair synthesis? :p

I have some heavy confession to make...I'm probably unaware of how 75% of this game works, and I've spent so much time running around that I almost forgot there's a game to be played under all of this :D.
In all honesty I know about synthesis and how it works even if I've never actually used it, but finding the needed materials requires time, and usually I'm on a very tight schedule (today was an exception, day off work + bad weather made for some quality time in front of the screen)...after this, I really need to take a break from racing and start "playing", I'm on the verge of broke and paying 1M insurance on my Asp today didn't help...and maybe, I'll also stock up on synthesis resources while I am at it ;)

It's not my fault, it's because of all this alluring events around...I'm a simple minded guy, I see a starting line, I push throttle forward [yesnod]

Here's a temporary final leaderboard. please send me any final submissions.
If you placed top 3 please send me a link to a vid me and Igor can watch.
temp_final_jailbreak.jpg

Time-lapse video with music:

[video=youtube_share;DGBV1dshbeM]https://youtu.be/DGBV1dshbeM[/video]

Unedited full race:

[video=youtube_share;djg7TWS-b7c]https://youtu.be/djg7TWS-b7c[/video]

Thanks for hosting this great race. It's been infuriating, but fun :)

Congratulations to the winners.

When I watch Tannik's race, I realise just how much I still have to learn. Impressive.

Top Bottom