ANNOUNCEMENT The Army of Moderators Continues To Grow - The Lone Gunman

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I don't think it really will tie our hands, as long as a moderator follows the rules and leads by example. Then I see no reason why you can't participate..

The issue really is how looking up the skirt of the forums may change a person... see things you can't unsee... I just saw the whole of TJ's face... and I feel quite sober and infact I've just completed my first crossword..

:D I will continue to enjoy posting and participating... and will try to do my best to keep us all chatting and debating nicely.

Thanks again to you and all the guys above, and yes afraid we new Mods will have to be more impartial in discussions now

but from my point of view while i general read most threads with interest and had a view, i tended to post replies more on the ones where members needed help with something related to ED, or of course the fiction stuff with The Thargoid Bar and Drabble threads.
So dont feel sorry for me, am just happy to help try and keep the forum as friendly and as informative to all old and new members alike :)

Well I think the challenge is going to be to maintain the forums in their generally positive state as more and more people join. I must admit I had to make an adjustment when I joined on how I posted and in fairness I think its made me consider how I put forward my views in a better way, sometimes, but not always ;)

Best of luck with the moderation. I'll sign off here coz I'm about to go pwn some noobs in my shiny new Eagle with unlimited funds.. muahahaa! :)

Just kidding :D

I don't think it really will tie our hands, as long as a moderator follows the rules and leads by example. Then I see no reason why you can't participate..

I think they made a mistake by having moderator avatars personally. On a lot of other forums the moderators are not just volunteers and are official representatives of the company, meaning that people will tend to "believe" what they say more. I.e. if a mod says "ED will not have turtles" and a non-mod says "ED will have turtles", people will, naturally, tend to believe the mod. It was more informal with the personal avatars.

Anyway, for the most part it's a decent selection of people in the new crop, apart from one who serially baits and tries to ridicule people in discussions with affected superiority, and not in jest, and informs people publicly when they're put on ignore. No idea why they were chosen, I do not think that sort of thing is suitable mod behaviour. And yeah, I've done some of that and, no, I'd never think to be considered for a mod role! :D And would refuse anyway - hell, I don't even do PAID overtime at my own work, never mind doing unpaid work for a commercial company! ;)

Sincerest regrets to all newly appointed mods. Your workload just increased massively. :p

No, siriusly good choices, I'm sure. Good luck fellows!

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Congratulations Lone Gunman! Also Kerrash, Psykokow and all other new Mods! Very good choices. :smilie:

I think they made a mistake by having moderator avatars personally. On a lot of other forums the moderators are not just volunteers and are official representatives of the company, meaning that people will tend to "believe" what they say more. I.e. if a mod says "ED will not have turtles" and a non-mod says "ED will have turtles", people will, naturally, tend to believe the mod. It was more informal with the personal avatars.

Anyway, for the most part it's a decent selection of people in the new crop, apart from one who serially baits and tries to ridicule people in discussions with affected superiority, and not in jest, and informs people publicly when they're put on ignore. No idea why they were chosen, I do not think that sort of thing is suitable mod behaviour. And yeah, I've done some of that and, no, I'd never think to be considered for a mod role! :D And would refuse anyway - hell, I don't even do PAID overtime at my own work, never mind doing unpaid work for a commercial company! ;)

Two friends of mine were made moderators. Will it change how I treat these friends? No. Will it change how they treat me? I don't know, but I hope not.

I have my own views on the moderation team. I have talked with my friends who are the new moderators, they know how I feel and know me well enough to understand.

I think I'll end my post here. Congrats to all of them, not just my friends.

Two friends of mine were made moderators. Will it change how I treat these friends? No. Will it change how they treat me? I don't know, but I hope not.

I have my own views on the moderation team. I have talked with my friends who are the new moderators, they know how I feel and know me well enough to understand.

I think I'll end my post here. Congrats to all of them, not just my friends.

Friends? In here? Heaven forfend!

If you're not careful you'll give this forum a reputation for being friendly! Can't have that! ;)

otherwise known as ED Alpha testing.

actually I'm wrong .. it is paid work .. you pay them :D

Nope, not for me! I'm not doing any testing in Alpha and Beta and I didn't pay for them! :p I paid for DDF access, Alpha and Beta were incidental... if it hadn't been for the DDF level I wouldn't have paid for Alpha at all, I think I maxed out at the collector's box set level (which included 2nd Beta IIRC) before going for DDF.

Also, I've submitted a total of one bug report and it was closed when I failed to provide more info (I didn't have any). I work in software development and am not interested in doing it as part of this hobby... I do test, I suppose, in a different kind of way in that I have played the game a little and will comment on aesthetics, gameplay mechanisms and suchlike. But that I feel is part of the design process, rather than actual software development and bug hunting.

Philip Coutts

Volunteer Moderator
What about the rest of us? (ok - except T.j)

Let's just say some of you are on my "shoot on sight" list....:eek:

;)

I generally find the mods a decent bunch doing a difficult job, especially as we get further into the development process and the number of members has rocketed up.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom