UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I may not be cool enough to get the storyline correctly, but 1 question: Let´s say I am 100% Allied with the Federation and I have the max possible military rank - should I not be eglible to get some information about their operations a) at Merope, b) with the Unknown Probes?

I am not sure whether FD has implemented something like this yet, but it would be pretty cool. Otherwise I feel again "alone in the dark"...

Just browsing the galnet news, i came across an older article that made me think, have we missed some vital clues, maybe there is more that needs to be done with the Meta-alloys.

"Commentators generally agree that the meta-alloys have now become a focus for Federal-Imperial antagonism. While it has been confirmed that the meta-alloys can counter the harmful effects of the Unknown Artefacts, no other applications for the material have been found. But speculation abounds that there may be as-yet undiscovered uses for the remarkable substance. The fact that the Federation has announced plans to construct a number of outposts in the Pleiades sector – one of the primary locations of meta-alloys – is further evidence that it has a keen interest in the material."

To add to my earlier post, i checked the UP test spreadsheet, and i can only see "honk at MA", now maybe if we honk at the UP with a MA on board, or even eject close to UP, and honk it, will it give us a different spectrogram.

The MA effects the UA by nuetralising it's effects. Does it change the UP in someway too.

(please correct me if this has been tried, but i could not find it)

To add to my earlier post, i checked the UP test spreadsheet, and i can only see "honk at MA", now maybe if we honk at the UP with a MA on board, or even eject close to UP, and honk it, will it give us a different spectrogram.

The MA effects the UA by nuetralising it's effects. Does it change the UP in someway too.

(please correct me if this has been tried, but i could not find it)

I agree.
I was planning to take some MAs with the UP for my experiments, but then it died.
MOREOVER: do not forget that convoys carrying UPs were carrying MA as well... that could not mean anything... or not.

Anyway, the spreadsheet with the experiments, is on the FP.

Last edited:
@ Nosscar?

UA 1
Meta-Alloy 2
UP 3
Honk 4

??

I dunno, that just seems to be terrifying. How did that quote go from the film Contact? "Maybe they just sent this to every civilization they come across? We poor saps build it and out pours the entire Vegan army?"

... paranoia aside: Have we tried making the image 3D and wrapping it around the surface of the planet?

Last edited:
I agree.
I was planning to take some MAs with the UP for my experiments, but then it died.
MOREOVER: do not forget that convoys carrying UPs were carrying MA as well... that could not mean anything... or not.

Anyway, the spreadsheet with the experiments, is on the FP.

Has anyone seen a convoy with UP´s since 2 weeks? I think we have 100+ hours in it ... nothing.

You can just come back and play you know, its fun !
No need to take the weight of your evil creation on your shoulders.

Haha, point taken. I was in game night before last FYI ;)

As for my evil creation............The council's shoulders are many and broader than mine.....I get to be aloof or rant incomprehensibly from my ivory tower now. :D

someone posted on Reddit that the unnatural orbits of Merope suggest 5c is actually a Thargoid Death Star, the barnacles are there because it's made of metal (like Barnacles on a ship) and the UA's and UP's are actually guardians preventing Thargoid ships from escaping.

A scary thought indeed. The long line in the spectograph may not be a trajectory but an actual tunnel leading to a core. The thin line arcing upper left could be a planetary shell or field. If something of this magnitude existed then I'm sure a single ship honk wouldn't distract it. As the ENTIRE planet is now an instance then it would be logical to assume that dozens of ships 'honking' at the same time... perhapse from one direction and in close proximity would in certain terms 'wake the beast'.

@ Nosscar?

UA 1
Meta-Alloy 2
UP 3
Honk 4

??

I dunno, that just seems to be terrifying. How did that quote go from the film Contact? "Maybe they just sent this to every civilization they come across? We poor saps build it and out pours the entire Vegan army?"

I agree again.

UA, UP and MA together for some nice fireworks! :D

A scary thought indeed. The long line in the spectograph may not be a trajectory but an actual tunnel leading to a core. The thin line arcing upper left could be a planetary shell or field. If something of this magnitude existed then I'm sure a single ship honk wouldn't distract it. As the ENTIRE planet is now an instance then it would be logical to assume that dozens of ships 'honking' at the same time... perhapse from one direction and in close proximity would in certain terms 'wake the beast'.

we are safe from any deat star's cause the staion we live on are invincible to any form of weaponory after all:D

+ we can just lead it into the maia black hole

Last edited:
I may not be cool enough to get the storyline correctly, but 1 question: Let´s say I am 100% Allied with the Federation and I have the max possible military rank - should I not be eglible to get some information about their operations a) at Merope, b) with the Unknown Probes?

I am not sure whether FD has implemented something like this yet, but it would be pretty cool. Otherwise I feel again "alone in the dark"...

Fed Auxiliary Navy, CMDR; all the titles you could want, but no reward (other than ship access).

Alright...

In the light of MB's last comments I've convinced myself of the following. I'd appreciate if you scrutinize the logic and comment on it.

1- The UA and UP are from the same manufacturer.

2- The UA using Morse and drawing the ship is separate from its pointing to Merope. It uses Morse because it's from someone who knows who and what we are and wants to make sure we understand it is communicating with us. Pointing to Merope is because it wants us to know something important is in Merope.

3- The UP is the second step of the message, it points to Merope 5C, somewhere more specific. It no longer needs to use Morse because it knows it has our attention so speaks more directly, in the form of a spectogram. It disables our ship systems because it wants us to understand what it's telling us is a warning so we better listen.

These made me come to the conclusion that something sinister is brewing on or in Merope 5C, or it will arrive there sometime in the near future and someone is trying to warn us of the danger beforehand.

The Feds have figured out about as much and are trying to understand further by sending capital ships there, showing they are taking the warning seriously. They are looking at barnacles because they are the only interesting thing to find there and they want to hit two birds with one stone, further MA research while patrolling the area for a possible threat.

So, my very own guess is the threat isn't there yet, the UA and UP are a two step warning and the spectogram is the key to setup our defenses before the attack.

This leads me to believe the image and the symbols around it is some kind of galactic position based calendar, which if we position right, will let us know the exact time the danger will come depending on the positioning of certain celestial objects. Merope and Merope 5C are the best starting points to try to match things up.

Am I just talking nonsense or do you think this line of thinking has any merit?

Michael, are you sure that everything is working as it should? Have you included all the necessary scripts for this or something else? :D

Hahaha!

If I had any control over this I'd be no fun. This the point I'd shut down my computers, burn the hard drives, and move to some dead useless world to everyone with a nice biosphere inside like in Star Trek: Wrath of Khan. "Nope, nothing to find here. Shhh."

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom