ANNOUNCEMENT 2.2 Your Input Needed - Passenger Tourist Destinations

For the First Class Passenger that wants me to make "one last Detour" 5 minutes before the end of my shift i shall take him to Rura Penthe.... Which brings up the question how will this affect slave trading if at all ?

latest

Exphiay's terraformed planet (Discovery). Remote and away from civilization.

Idea for pitch "Do you want to visit a luxurious, pristine world away from the fuss of the bubble? If so, Exphiay's Discovery planet is for you. Relax by the blue waters, or hike on the snowy mountains. Anything is possible on Discovery. Also, you'll never hear anything about the superpowers there. Over 300ly from Sol, it is an amazing destination."

CMDR name: Aaron Wineberg

Exphiay system, orbiting Discovery planet

Discovery picture: http://imgur.com/a/jlj7D

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/APKaO Will be posted a bit later (details below) -- For now, here's a textual description in advertisement form!
Imagine a system almost utterly devoid of light and warmth, lit only by the light from stars far, far away. That's the "Grey Sector". It is a system with no stars; all the celestial bodies orbit a black hole. There are a few gas giants, all of which are a deep Purple color, and one of which has dark, pitch-black rings surrounding it. The planets are desolate but support surface exploration, and the sensation of being on one can fill peoples' souls with so much bleakness and dread that they'll wonder why such a place even exists.

Tired of seeing galaxies full of stars and nebulae full of color? Want to go on a galactic "haunted hay ride"? Take a trip to the Grey Sector!

Commander: Rhyis Greywing

Okay, so, here's the "interesting on paper" bit. I found a black hole that's about 525 LY away from Jaques, which I presume is the center of the "new bubble". Provided that it gets as big as the current bubble, this means that the hole I've found will be about 300 LY away from the edge, which is just about as far as Maia is!

The actual system is probably boring for most people looking for a fancy spot to have their wedding or honeymoon; the planets are all desolate since there's no stars in the system, but there's numerous gas giants. Most of them appear a deep Purple in color and some have black rings, and the place is just amazing to me. I'm really overjoyed that I got my name on this place as First Discoverer; to me the system's absolutely beautiful and I just love it, so of course I want to submit it as a possible tourist spot!

Anyway, I'm terribly sorry if not having a screenshot right away breaks things. I might be able to get one a bit later, but right now I really can't travel 22,000 LY just to grab one picture and then run right back and feel good about it. I want to take cargo for the CG out there so it'll take me a number of days to actually get the shot, and I'm posting this now since news about 2.2 is starting to hit Google and I'm afraid the window for submissions is going to close.

EDIT: Added screenshots. Oh gosh, I forgot how *big* these rings are. It's just downright *weird*. There's two showing the beauty and then one showing the size. It's hard to see exactly how big the rings are because the largest is also the least dense; just zoom in and look carefully!

The black hole isn't exactly easy to see, but what kind of real black hole ever is? I didn't put any screenshots of that up.

Last edited:
Locations: IC 289 SECTOR DL-Y D17 (and) NSV 1056
Distance from Sol: 1,700LY

First approach should be made through IC 289 SECTOR DL-Y D17, which is the closest system to get a great view of the planetary nebula emanating from NSV 1056. The nebula's teal and burnt orange colors are beautiful against the black universe all by itself.
Second, land on moon AB 2 A (ice world) around 75.6943 degrees latitude/153.4642 degrees longitude (a mountain) to take pictures of the planetary nebula, then turn about 90 degrees to your right to catch the Milky Way in it's bright and glorious glow. Finally turn about another 90 degrees to your right and take in the two Magellanic Clouds, the California Nebula, and the Witch Head Nebula.
2ci7ebb.jpg
2s7c6rm.jpg
c5b2s.jpg
Finally, take off and jump to NSV 1056. (Galaxy Map error(?): It also shows it as IC 289. Either designation will bring you to that location. Is IC 289 the nebula name?) Anyway, it's main star is a bright blue Wolf-Rayet that is rather massive. Roughly 12,000 Ls away is a G-class star, in case fuel is needed. Move away from the bright Wolf-Rayet to be bathed in its blue/purple glow and take in the teal & burnt orange nebula completely surrounding you. Unfortunately, there are no planets to use as backdrop from inside the nebula, but it's a wonder to behold no matter which direction you look.
m9st5f.jpg
2moqjr5.jpg

Optional: Jump to IC 289 SECTOR BA-A E3 to view the planetary nebula against the Milky Way as backdrop. Also included in the shot is the Elephant's Trunk Nebula. Set up the camera to capture an amazing panoramic photo as well!
2je8h76.jpg

Panoramic:
2115ceb.jpg

-Cmdr Erik Marcaigh

LatLong: Variable.

Cmdr Dobbo and Cmdr Mindwipe would like to invite you to watch Betelgeuse rise from the surface of the second planet. Watching this red supergiant is one of the 50 things to do before you die. But watch out, the approach to the second planet is tricky as it lies within the fuel scooping zone, and your ship will build up heat landing. If you wish to watch Betelgeuse rise from your SRV then it would be wise to have a full tank (and the extended life fuel boost) but it is well worth the time to watch the full star rise.

[video=youtube;VZBhYXDFbow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZBhYXDFbow[/video]

I hope this isn't too late. I had the idea of a cruise that could go something like this: (All numbered destinations contain an earth-like world)

As you set off on your cruise to see the sights the galaxy has to offer, please remember that we don't tolerate any damage to native flora and fauna. What we take in, we take out. We have no policy on image capturing the scene, but we do ask you take care not to scare any fauna with bright lights and use the specially designed hides we have provided. We have successfully implemented this strategy to enable you to see virgin sights as if you are seeing them for the 1st time and hope you can help us to preserve these sights for future voyagers. We thank you in advance for your compliance and would like to wish you all a safe and enjoyable journey.

On our way to the 1st stop-over we will be passing via a star known as Shapley 1 in the Fine Ring Nebula. First discovered by Cmdr Zifflin, this Wolf-Rayet class star sits in a planetary nebula, so you will be certain of some remarkable views.

01. smojue md-r d5-1 The fourth planet of this sun is a gem of a world, first discovered by Cmdr Shima.

As we climb 'above' the galactic ring, please take the time to enjoy the view as the expanse unfolds before you. Many have commented on how bright the milky way is as the clouds of dust are left behind.

02. byeia eurk rv-o c22-2 The fourth planet of the K class sun is the next destination in this system. The keen eyed observer might also spot the water world.

Only a short journey to the next one, but be prepared for a bumpy entrance as we jump into orbit with a Neutron star.

03. plaa aescs vf-l d9-6 Orbiting the M Class companion star finds our next port of call.

A pause at a nebula affectionately known as BLEAE AESCS AA-A H25 and then onwards through a Neutron rich star field to..

04. puekaae bm-l c24-12 Orbiting a short distance from a K Class, this indeed has some interesting lifeforms. It would be great to stay here a while, but we must press on.

Just a short hop to..

05. froals up-z c16-6 Orbiting a M Class, this target world is one half of a planetary binary system. Famous for the Chime tree forests, it's quite a musically restful place to stop over night.

As we ascend ever higher above the galactic plane, look down; in the centre of that majestic view is the famous Sagittarius A* super black hole. This next step is a long journey. Along the way you may get to see a variety of systems and you may notice the scarcity of stars up here.

06. dryi ausms kd-q d6-45 This is a big system, but our destination here is circling the starting F Class star.

07. hypoae scraa gt-o d7-14 This planet bares a striking resemblance to mankind's birthplace.

We start to descend towards the plane for this next one, but this is also part of the loop that will return us home. Don't worry, we will be rising once more as we ascend to the jewel of this magnificent journey. We will be stopping by HYPIAE AUSMS AA-A H226 along the way.

08. shaulo xt-y d1-329 The 11th planet of 17, this terran world is part of a binary with a ringed gas giant as a companion.

09. eorl briae yn-c b31-19 is the 2th planet orbiting this M Class binary system and we'll also be flying past a terraformable waterworld not too far away.

And now the steep climb. There are no nebulas here, but we should be seeing a multitude of Neutron Stars and Black holes until finally we arrive at the goal of this exciting cruise.

10. plipoe jo-x d2-20 Orbiting this Class A is one of the highest Earth-likes not only above the galactic plane but above the hub. And what a cracking view. One can only wonder what kind of religions could have been born in places such as these! There is also an ammonia world here with carbon-ammonia based life. A truly wondrous place.

Straight down from here is Sagittarius A* and since we're in the neighbourhood we ought to pop down for a look. Get your imagers ready!

And then we move on, numerous nebulae along the way to wonder at in awe. If you're not in a rush to get home, put in a request to the commander to fly off the beaten track - you never know what you might find out there...

Well no-one expected that did they? I'm happy to report that the systems are now fully back online and we will just take a short break for the funerals and clean up duties and then we can get on with our journey home. On behalf of Sentynal Holdings, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. No, I'm sorry, as part of the contract there will be no refunds; but we will send out a generic wreath to loved ones and a 5% discount for the next voyage. (Subject to terms and conditions; must be used within 1 year of issue).

You're out of the hub now and looking back the milky way is looking dim and washed out.

11. blau aed em-c d13-41 Here you'll find a terraformable waterworld and a terran world.

You don't want it to end but we're coming in to the penultimate terran world of the journey.

12. preae aip jn-r c5-10 The oceans here are rich with diverse life.

A short hop and a skip.

13. prieleau wd-b d9 Orbiting a Class A & F binary this tiny terran world is only a 3rd the size of earth.

And now the final leg of the journey home.
We hope you enjoyed the journey with Sentynal Cruises and would like to apologise again for the incident and hope that it hasn't marred the journey for those of us who survived. Certainly a story to tell the grand kids!

:Hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
This location is close to Beagle Point, so should ba a fine stop-over for tourist heading over there.

The landable ice giant has a dfiameter of 20k km, and has an extreme 0.9 orbital eccentricity with an orbit of 4.5 days.
This "slingshot" planet offers some unusual views.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

58jpkjT.jpg

not sure if already mentioned and not very much to see....but :O:D:

http://i.imgur.com/mBgEBVg.jpg

Description:

'Maw of Darkness' (fantastic name, thank you Gemai!)

"A system full of Black Holes!
If Adrenaline get's you going, this is the place to be. Flying on the edge of death every second upon entry.
Be careful, not to lose your orientation in this dangerous aphotic maze! "

CDMR name: Ericlas

I've had a system like this before, but it is a graphical bug where the planets aren't rendered on the System Map - these are not black holes lol (big give away is all the small moons one would expect under a gas giant).

I'd like to know when this will get fixed.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Hypheerld GY-F d12-179 A 5

Large ammonia world with rings

CMDR Blue Eyes

http://i.imgur.com/xqpIBbi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EnZtvDf.jpg

You should probably give your findings to the Canonn thread and add this photo into that one - Ammonia & Oxygen atmospheres are extremely rare - I think only a few have ever been found!

2HgIoJ4.png

Commander name: Imperator

Cerberus! This five-star jewel of Pyramio sector, conveniently located between the human bubble and the core, features that rarest of rarities, an Earthlike world orbiting no less than three stars! Just be careful on the way in, that contact binary can make for a pretty warm reception...

Base camp next to high mountain ranges SRV climbs - "The Switzerland of the Bubble"

Location name: Omicron Columbae System; Omicron Columbae 1 A; Baker Point (Surface station)
Description: Baker point, located on Omicron Coumbae 1 A, is located close to a multitude of high mountain ranges. Every enthusiastic SRV mountaineer has to visit this area located in the middle of the bubble. Astonishing vistas over the moons surface and the silvery rings around Omicron Columbae 1, a cobalt blue gas planet. Some people go even so far to dub this moon "The Switzerland of the Bubble".

Example for Route plotting.
Nav panel
One of many Mountain Range
Planet

Your Commander name : CMDR Ray Mobula

Cupid's arrow // The Entry to the beautiful NGC 7822 Nebula

Location name: S171 34 / NGC 7822 Nebula
"S171 34, better known as the gate to the beautiful NGC 7822 Nebula, is a famous system among lovers and the premier place to spend a honeymoon. Why? The beautiful NGC 7822 Nebula is pierced by a line of O-stars - therefore it has been compared to Cupid's arrow piercing a heart. Approaching this nebula is an experience in its own, with each jump the bright band of O-stars becomes clearer and clearer as well as the Nebula unfolds its colorful beauty. Once arrived, this area is filled with black holes and vibrant stars. On top of this, a cruise to S171 -34 provides the unique opportunity to take a stop in the Maia system and visit one of the close by Barnacles." (also so nice goal for eccentric passengers, there are other nebulas close by)

The Nebula

S171 34 and a neighboring system

Commander name : CMDR Ray Mobula

Struve's Lost Sector NN-T c3-1 - Watch the Hypnotic Movement of 4 Stars

Take this luxury (well 4-star) trip to Struve's Lost Sector NN-T c3-1.

The good news is, we've found it. It's not so far away, at13.53125 / -173.15625 / -387.96875 it's a mere 425ly from Sol.

The majestic motion of the four close stars is hypnotic and captivating. The system has plenty to see, and there's a great cafe serving a cracking English breakfast (four eggs of course), Doris (the lass who runs the pub) makes a great cuppa (tea is free for those with Hutton mugs).

Rumour has it that the soothing motion of the stars is good for those of a nervous disposition, however, we should warn all potential passengers that arrival into the system may at times pose some risk (but this is fine).

BmYMhku.png

L925Dta.png

z9pVssB.png

CMDR SpecialCircumstances

Last edited:
TRANQUILITY BASE MONUMENT PARK

I cannot supply pictures because currently, we cannot go there but:

SOL system, Luna (Earth's moon):

(1) GRISSOM CITY (known to the local loonies as "Gus"), he deserves to have made it there eventually after all. Put it in the middle of Tycho Crater. Make it awesome. Should be visible from Terra during the New Moon.

(2) TRANQUILITY BASE MONUMENT PARK. Grass, full of flowers and trees. Giant statue of Neil A. 'Nuff said.

"Walk in the footsteps of giants and share in the glory of mankind's first greatest achievements in space travel, enthralled by the same views that greeted the first "astronauts" who landed here in a tiny paper-thin hulled wisp of a "Lunar Excursion Module" on July 20, 1969 (Gregorian) with only a few seconds of fuel left and then took humanity's first, timid steps out into a wider universe. Explore the preserved, actual landing site complete with the LEM Lander Assembly and the USA nation-state flag still standing (waving in a breeze now, no spacesuits required!). The park has been terraformed with groves of Terran conifers and fruit trees, grasses and flower gardens all centered around the towering monument to Neil A. Armstrong, one of Terra's greatest heroes and the very first "Loonie", the first human to leave the Earth and set foot on Luna, Neils statue is flanked by the monuments to his crew-mates and fellow explorers Michael Collins and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin.

Fun and History for the entire family! Sit in the grass and enjoy a picnic in the park under shady trees surrounded by flowers or try the nearby amusement area with available bicycle or wing-suit rentals, splash in the low-gee water slide park (300-foot drop slide!) or work on the best tan in SOL system! And do check out the public-welcome lunar country club: 18 fairways where a good golfer can drive the little white ball over 1/4 mile!". Welcome to Luna.

Last edited:
System name: Stuelou QA-Q c21-2

Body name: Stuelou QA-Q c21-2 3 and Stuelou QA-Q c21-2 4

Where:

MyiqdEo.jpg

Screenshots:

oSo9DCa.jpg

EBZVGqG.jpg

CMDR ZioYuri78

Location Name:Blua Hypue QI-Z D1-4516
Commander: Evoflash
dDE7uX1.jpg

"The Holy Twins"

Huge magnetic fields protect both of these tourist attractions (so called "Evo" and "Flash") from the otherwise lethal radiation emitted by the nearby Neutron Star. Both planets exhibit stunning vistas with beautiful sky shots of their sister planet. Relax and enjoy silky indiginous wines on Evo, and maybe hop over to Flash for the breath taking water rapids that stretch for miles and miles. Indulge the locals in their fantastical tales of mythology and intrigue about the history of the two planets or simply take that once in a lifetime picture.

Top Bottom