Ships Cobra Mk III Owner's Club

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
I filtered by prefix, and to my surprise, there is apparently no Owner's Club thread for the Mk III.

So, I thought I'd start it. Share your thoughts, loadouts & suggestions for the ship here.

I'll make a more detailed post on my vessel later. :)

Looking forward to seeing your replies.

If anyone was to start a thread it would be the mk3 prevert himself. I have the mk3 and she's been a combat ship, a trade vessel and now she's a smuggling vessel, and she's unfettered by engineers as of yet but will be soon. She has the ship kit and a Union Jack paint job

Deleted member 110222

D
I'm currently sleeping in the bunk behind the cockpit. Got a monitor attached to an external camera acting as a "window".

My dog, Fudge, likes it in here too. Things are a little cramped inside my quarters. Lots of junk laying about, a keg of ale under a small shelf. My private quarters is basically a bunk & a small kitchenette. Little shelf to use as a table.

Most of the space in my ship is taken up by cargo holds, internal hull plating, etc. Next month I'm hoping to be able to convert some of the cargo space into a cabin suitable for paying passengers. They'll probably have it more comfortable than me!

There again, when I'm not flying, landed somewhere remote on the surface of a desolate rock, I'm usually living in the cockpit. Bit more room in there, and proper seats at the flight stations, so that's where I read or listen to 21st century doom metal.

Obscure genre that's all but died out, but I've found plenty of examples in the digital archives.

Have also got an SRV in this baby, and I use it a lot as I often find wrecks with profitable salvage laying around.

My boat has a very rough paintjob. Primer isn't even painted over on some of the newer panels, and I had wanted to paint her orange... But coloured paint is expensive. So I had to settle for the white undercoat, with some orange accents on top. Hopefully next month, when I'm planning an overhaul of the ship, I'll be able to paint the SRV orange as well.

Yeah she's had some modifications made. Tuned the power plant to run a little colder, gave the engines a bit more oomph', and the bi-weave is a fair bit more resistant now. Takes longer to charge though.

I'm by no means done. I'm trying to pinpoint the materials I need to make more potent changes to the engines & shields. Haven't even touched the power distributor yet, and I know of blueprints to make weapons lighter. Hopefully I will be able to make those changes soon.

One day I'd like to take her to Jaques... But I'm going to wait for real haulage & passenger opportunities before I make the trip there. It's a little empty for me right now.

"The Lamentation"

It's my armoured ship of the two ships I actively own (Occasionally buy siddy taxi A rated flying gas can to change ships)

Mine switches between wire frame and black chrome paint jobs

It's my bubble ship (dbx has nothing but a jump engine and a buggy)

When I get back from the edge I may play with it, give it some new under carriage as I keep getting them snagged on peoples canopies and the stairway is a bit bent and it wont hold vacuum in that compartment!

Ive had a cobra for a while, it has a large cargo space, decent combat abilities and i also have an extra internal for a d scanner, interdictor, extra fuel thank or a docking computer.
its a great ship for everything, thats why i like it :)

Ive had a cobra for a while, it has a large cargo space, decent combat abilities and i also have an extra internal for a d scanner, interdictor, extra fuel thank or a docking computer.
its a great ship for everything, thats why i like it :)
You don't need a docking computer on a Cobra; because you can barrel roll it through the mail slot.

Avid Cobra MK III fan here myself. So far we haven't seen a lot of builds posted, so I will start with a few.

DISCLAIMER: I only play solo or private since the engineers hit. I am not up for competitive pvp and enjoy the pve gameplay where I role-play as a commander, so my builds are geared towards an enjoyable pve experience.

One of my favorites, the heavy salvage retrieval Cobra: I do salvage missions with her. She is durable enough to take a few hits while scooping cargo and still fast enough to get away. I do planetary salvage without a buggy by flying real close to the surface and scoop stuff up with my ship. It works.

https://coriolis.io/outfit/cobra_mk...2bB327272f.Iw1-kA==.Aw1-kA==?bn=Salvage Cobra

Fast Smuggler Cobra:

https://coriolis.io/outfit/cobra_mk...0101.Iw1-kA==.Aw1-kA==?bn=Fast Smuggler Cobra

Inderdiction Escape Procedure with this ship: 4 pips engines, two pips weapons: submit, boost, boost, silent running, launch mines, wiggle left right with thrusters, engage FSD.

I've got a Cobra mk III to which I sometimes return with the Medusa paintscheme. You just have to love the stocky little machine which can truly do anything you need it to. sometime she's a bit starved for power though, but you can easily work around that.

Just finished adding L4 efficient pulse lasers to mine so that's enough engineering for it (well for now anyway ;))

https://coriolis.io/outfit/cobra_mk...7B3030327242h.Iw1-kA==.Aw1-kA==?bn=Cobra fast

Engineered specification

Hull – Lightweight Alloy Bulkheads – modified level 5 heavy duty armour 280.4
Hull Reinforcement Package – 2D modified level 3:- 268
Total hull 548.4

FSD – Increased range level 5 max range 31 LY

Power plant 3A – modified low emissions L1 - 12.47 MW

Power distributor 3A – modified level 3 charge enhanced

Thruster 4A – Clean drive tuning level 5 :– 380 – 543 m/s @ 4 pips

Shields – standard 4C bi-weave – modified Enhanced low power shields level 3 – 108 MJ
Shield booster 1 0D modified resistance augmented level 1

Weapons :- Pulse laser 1 class 2F/G gimballed L4 efficient weapon mod
Pulse laser 2 class 2F/G gimballed L4 efficient weapon mod

I have T9 for occasional trading, Asp for exploration or missions, but most often I fly - a bit reluctantly- a DB Scout for missionsi used to fly the cobra for those jobs, and I would if only the cobra had 4 utilities 2xSB,KWS,PD, with 2 Utility points occupied by KWS and PD i can't add a SB, a pity, fine ship otherwise and sorely missed.

wish one day there's a plot to add utility points by engineers I would take a cobra for a refit :)

I have T9 for occasional trading, Asp for exploration or missions, but most often I fly - a bit reluctantly- a DB Scout for missionsi used to fly the cobra for those jobs, and I would if only the cobra had 4 utilities 2xSB,KWS,PD, with 2 Utility points occupied by KWS and PD i can't add a SB, a pity, fine ship otherwise and sorely missed.

wish one day there's a plot to add utility points by engineers I would take a cobra for a refit :)

With engineered shields you can have the effect (and more) of having an SB or two as reinforced L5 can add up to 29% to optimal strength and a decent boost to resistances, my build is intended to be a cool running fast mission ship not a bountyhunter, mind you I've yet to give it a go as I just finished engineering it so you never know ;).

For example on a 4C bi-weave (100 MJ stock) a thermal resist L5 shield mod is equivalent to having around a 260 MJ shield against laser fire, way better than additional boosters and a recharge time of about 30 seconds from 50 to 100%, reinforced is about 340 MJ against laser but has a recharge time around 50 seconds and a higher rebuild time as well.

Top Bottom