The imperial interdictor at the alien wreck site crashed!

I went to see the alien wreck tonight but when I got there the imperial interdictor was not around. I did get scanned by fighters but they left me alone after that.

uc

Another commander arrived and together we looked around for while. Then I noticed the interdictor buried in the side of a hill. The ring was still spinning!

uc

uc

We flew over there and we drove on the wreck for a bit. Even driving on the spinning ring was possible.

uc

uc

There were NPCs guarding the site but they were inactive and could be herded around by approaching them.

uc

It turned out we pushed our luck too far. suddenly the NPCs became hostile and opened fire. I narrowly escaped with 49% hull. Nevermind the repair cost though it was a great experience. Anyone got an idea why the interdictor crashed?

uc

Last edited:
Neat... The game needs more of this kind of thing.... Imagine being able to explore the ship to find out what happened? Someday...

Something similar happened to me about 4 days ago. I made a video of it thinking that perhaps I should report it as a bug. But then I thought, oh well maybe they just needed a break and parked the ship into the mountain :). I landed nearby and drove around the Imperial Interdictor with the SRV. Video here: https://youtu.be/EFVMGkHHjTc

It was maintaining position near an alien wreck site. I am not surprised it crashed. Probably part of the story and is FD's way of hinting to us that the alien wreck is either still active or someone has arrived with the intention of recovering that alien wreck

It was maintaining position near an alien wreck site. I am not surprised it crashed. Probably part of the story and is FD's way of hinting to us that the alien wreck is either still active or someone has arrived with the intention of recovering that alien wreck

Or it's FD's way of telling us that those placement bugs the Fed capital ships were having over the barnacles still aren't ironed out.

Or a very simple reason: to make finding the damn wreck easier.

Not everyone is skilled in finding coordinates. This ship makes it a whole lot easier.

... Anyone got an idea why the interdictor crashed?...

I have a pretty solid idea.

Something with the positioning went south, the algorithm couldn't place the ship in the appropriate place due to some bug and it got stuck in there :D

Come on guys, this is so obviously a glitch.

The ring was still spinning!.

Another bug then, why would the ring spin when the capital ship is near the surface of a planet, under it's attraction.

Am I the only one wondering how the internal compartiments of the ship are arranged there ? :D

PS: I hope the links work. How to use Google Drive shareable links to insert images in posts?
Anyway bedtime now.

Use tag, not [URL and...

Swap out "open?" in the url for "uc?view=export&" so....

Like this.....

[spoiler]
I went to see the alien wreck tonight but when I got there the imperial interdictor was not around. I did get scanned by fighters but they left me alone after that.
[IMG]https://drive.google.com/uc?view=export&id=0B97fGE0-k9f5Rk11Y0h0bF96VnM

Another commander arrived and together we looked around for while. Then I noticed the interdictor buried in the side of a hill. The ring was still spinning!
uc

uc

We flew over there and we drove on the wreck for a bit. Even driving on the spinning ring was possible.
uc

uc

There were NPCs guarding the site but they were inactive and could be herded around by approaching them.
uc

It turned out we pushed our luck too far. suddenly the NPCs became hostile and opened fire. I narrowly escaped with 49% hull. Nevermind the repair cost though it was a great experience. Anyone got an idea why the interdictor crashed?
uc

[/spoiler]

Last edited:
It doesn't look like it crashed, looks more like it tried to jump and something went a bit wonky, isn't payback a B......

If this was one of the original infected Thargoid ships and the current jump drives are based on Thargoid tech, they may very well have infected themselves...

Last edited:
Something similar happened to me about 4 days ago. I made a video of it thinking that perhaps I should report it as a bug. But then I thought, oh well maybe they just needed a break and parked the ship into the mountain :). I landed nearby and drove around the Imperial Interdictor with the SRV. Video here: https://youtu.be/EFVMGkHHjTc

Nice video! The interdictor was just touching the surface then. So in four days it sank into the ground almost completely. That shows how soft the regolith on low gravity planets is ;).

You were not scanned by NPCs hanging around the site?

Am I the only one wondering how the internal compartiments of the ship are arranged there ? :D

I am definitively curious about how the transit point between the ring and the rest of the ship works.

In the Discovery, from 2001 a Space Odyssey, they crawled through the hub, which makes sense for tons of reasons. The ring in a majectic class vessel does not have a hub. Are there locks in places around the perimeter, that every time they revolve past a matching dock; Seals, compresses, opens, and hurls people across, like grit from the flywheels of a sandblasting machine? :D

EDIT: I suppose a transit car that runs on a track on the ring could work, and be easy enough to dock at either terminal. :7

Last edited:
Nice video! The interdictor was just touching the surface then. So in four days it sank into the ground almost completely. That shows how soft the regolith on low gravity planets is ;).

You were not scanned by NPCs hanging around the site?

Thanks! After boarding my ship, I was followed by an Imperial Clipper NPC, I believe, until I left the planet. He did not scan nor attack me. But i felt it was going to eventually, so I got out of there before giving the "bug" a chance to work itself out.

Top Bottom