Patch Notes Update Beta 2.2 - Update 3

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Hey guys,

There is a 3rd patch incoming on the beta servers. Here's the change log.

We are expecting this to go live sometime this evening. I will update this thread once the update is live.

- Fixed parent ship livery slots appearing briefly when selecting a launch able, which should prevent a crash caused by trying to modify a slot that doesn't exist
- Prevent crash on game shutdown
- Prevent a crash trying to generate a mission for a station that no longer exists
- Fix a crash with the fighter bay trying to access an invalid state machine
- Fix a Commander ID mismatch with launch able vehicle in save game causing matchmaking errors
- Fix an error with settlement on Dahan 3 a
- For the basic flight tutorial, disallow request dock with fake station
- Fix stations being different from before the beta
- Fix error in ship delivery calculation – it should be a linear association with distance, not exponential! (May still need further balancing)
- Don’t send the ship arrived inbox message until the ship has actually arrived
- Crewed SLF displays player rank, not crew's rank fixed
- Display the NPC crew experience correctly
- Fixed some server stat retrieval issues
- Fighter and vehicle bays are now numbers this is to help match the bay to the vessel when using livery
- Fixed loading screen model for the Taipan
- Z-fighting on fighter models on ship spinning load screen fixed
- Only add headings to "store multiple" page if they will be populated
- Fixed ‘sleepy’ expression pose
- Fixed ancient collectables appearing as "Mining Fragments" on the GUI
- Fixed mysterious thing not deactivating
- Audio: Fixed out of range warning and linked it up to UI
- Audio: Fixed "no more targets" NPC crew line
- Audio: Enabled "multiple contacts" message which could never trigger before
- Audio: Rock & Ice Fumaroles have no impact audio fixed

Um, did you just skip from update 1 to update 3? Thats madness I tell you! [woah]

It is the 3rd update but you labelled them:
2.2 update 1
2.2 update 3

:D:D

Thanks for the continued updates!

Last edited:
Awesome! You guys throwing out the updates like there is no tomorrow! Really great work with 2.2 so far! [up]

Um, did you just skip from update 1 to update 3? Thats madness I tell you! [woah]

It is the 3rd update but you labelled them:
2.2 update 1
2.2 update 3

:D:D

Thanks for the continued updates!

Or they were about to push out update 2, found something that needed fixing before they pushed the button, then went back and fixed it and called it update 3.

One question, Zac: do you know, why Yuri Grom is the only PowerPlay leader having his title (in his case: "Dictator") be displayed in the ranking table? Is this on purpose or a mistake?

What happened to the promised Beluga fuel tank upgrade?
Usually they focus on the more critical _bugs_ like crashes etc at the start of the beta. Then the more minor issues.
Balance fixes and changes like the fuel tank, might not get added during the beta at all, but just added to the final build.

Usually they focus on the more critical _bugs_ like crashes etc at the start of the beta. Then the more minor issues.
Balance fixes and changes like the fuel tank, might not get added during the beta at all, but just added to the final build.

Did FD confirmed that they will increase its fuel tank ?

Just got the "servers going down" message in-game so went here to see what the deal was... how long do these updates take? Will I need a new client to go along with it? I've been getting booted at random moments saying "matchmaking failed", then I can't connect again in the main menu with a message that my client is too old, but the launcher doesn't show any updates available. (I'm running under SteamVR, so who knows if one of the intermediaries there could be causing a delay in an update....)

Top Bottom