The 65000 Ly from Sol Club, ver. 3.0

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
THE 65000 LY FROM SOL CLUB

Greetings, fellow Explorers!

This list of CMDRs who have gone beyond 65000 light-years from Sol represents those who have gone about as far from humanity’s birth as possible at this time. Perhaps one day we will go beyond this galaxy of ours; on that day, we will likely construct a new list. But until that day, here are the CMDRs who have taken their ships as far as possible.

Akira Masakari created the list of the CMDRs that breached the 65KLY distance from Sol in October 3301; this list has since been moved and updated by Hanekura Shizuka and is currently present in this thread in it's third incarnation.

This thread aims to continue the goals of Akira’s original thread; to chronicle the acts of the people who have demonstrated the fortitude to take their ships to the very edge of the galaxy, to the end of the Carina Sagittarius Arm. To do this either requires crossing The Abyss, the gap between the Sputum Centaurus and Carina Sagittarius arms, or making a detour of tens of thousands of light-years to the eastern edge of the Galaxy to go directly up the Carina Sagittarius Arm. It is a challenge in every respect; it requires endurance to make it that far from home, excellent navigational skills to find paths through near-empty space, and the steely nerves to push a ship to its limits in terms of fuel and maintenance. We present the very best, those capable of such skill and courage, here in this thread, and to tell their stories.

All of the information can be found in a Google spreadsheet, located here.

How to Join

1. Go to a system 65000 LY from Sol or more. Distance is always calculated from Sol, not your starting point. The distance between your current system and Sol determines the distance for this list, not the targeted distance that can be seen from the cockpit.
  2. The run must be made in the main game environment - no runs in Beta allowed. Sorry, but part of the challenge of the 65k club is readying, earning the money for, and purchasing the equipment needed.
  3. Please submit to this thread a full screenshot that shows your distance from Sol on the Galaxy map and a picture of Sol targeted with your commander name in it. If you have already left the system, a full Galmap picture with a system over the 65k line, that shows explored (white icon) to you will do the job.
  4. Also, please submit the following information within the post to this thread:

• CMDR name
  • Date of reaching 65000 ly
  • Ship Type
  • Maximum Distance from Sol (screenshot should verify this)
  • Any other interesting information

If it helps, please use the template below for the information:

When posting an entry, I ask for the following information AS A TABLE ENTRY:

CMDRDateDistanceOther Notes
Random1-Apr-330265279.35[DW],Fer-de-Lance

If this isn’t tough enough for you, we have another challenges that might interest you:

The Deep Space Challenge List has been discontinued.

The original goal of this thread was to list those who have gone beyond the magical border of 65000 Ly from Sol. And even though the Deep Space Challenge was created with engineering in mind, it appears that the added challenge of having to engineer your ship (mainly the FSD) diminishes the challenge to go beyond the 65000 Ly from Sol border. In the end it balences out and hence the "challenge" is not really there. Therefore the list has been discontinued. The text below will remain (a while) for historic purposes only.

Deep Space Challenge

Current Record: CMDR Bl4sTeR, at 65647.34ly from Sol.

The goal of the Deep Space Challenge is simple. The system with the maximum distance from Sol that a ship can attain without the use of Jumponium or Engineering is MYEIA THAA JI-B, at 65373.72 ly from Sol. In order to join, a CMDR must go to any system that lies more than 65,373.72 ly away from Sol.

The list of those who have met the Deep Space Challenge can be found here.

How to Enter

1. Go 65374 ly or more from Sol. Distance is always calculated from Sol, not your starting point.
  2. The run must be made in the main game environment - no runs in Beta allowed. Sorry, but part of the challenge is readying, earning the money for, and purchasing the equipment needed.
  3. Please submit to this thread a full galaxy map screenshot that shows your distance from Sol and a picture with Sol targeted and your commander name in it. If you have already left the system, a full Galmap picture with a system over 65374 ly away, that shows explored (white icon) to you will do the job.
  4. Also, please submit the following information within the post to this thread:

• CMDR name
  • Date of reaching 65374 ly
  • Ship Type
  • Maximum Distance from Sol (screenshot should verify this)
  • Any other interesting information
The 48-Hour Challenge

Current Record: CMDR Alexbrentnall, at 6:35:51 from Sol to Beagle Point.

The 48-hour challenge is as follows: Go from the core worlds to Beagle Point in 48 hours or less. Traditional starts have occurred at Beagle 2 Landing in Asellus Primus; however, for the sake of flexibility, any system with a station within 350 ly of Sol is acceptable.

Disclaimer: Sitting without moving for long periods of time can have potentially hazardous health consequences. Perform this run at your own risk. Please research and understand the risks before making such an attempt, and refrain from making an attempt if it would not be safe for you to do so. Also, please be sure to remain active while piloting, in particular getting up and moving every so often and exercising and moving your legs while piloting, to help mitigate these health issues.

That said, how cool is it to run something that requires a disclaimer?

The list of those who have met the 48-hour Challenge can be found here.

How to Enter
  1. Read all of these notes before starting!
  2. Post your intent to race in this thread (optional, but should get you some good luck wishes and might lead to friend requests from others underway at the same time so you can track each others' progress). Include the following: Your commander's name, Ship name, Ship type. Also, please indicate if you have Engineering-adjusted equipment or no (Engineering-adjusted equipment is is allowed in Unlimited class).
  3. When ready to make the run, get to a station within a system within 350 ly of Sol. Common choices for starting points include Galileo Station in Sol and Beagle 2 Landing in Asellus Primus. Make repairs, fuel up, ensure the ship is configured exactly how you want it for the run - it's a long way back if you miss something!
  4. Open the Outfitting screen and capture a screenshot (F10) of your ship. Be sure to capture Power Plant, Thrusters, Frame Shift Drive and Power Distributor statistics as well as your ship's mass. (Also, these items are important to capture to show whether or not they have been modified)
  5. Return to the surface and prepare for launch (it is strongly suggested that you plot the first leg of your route before capturing a start time!).
  6. Hit F10 to take another screenshot, or start your video capture, showing your start location and time.
  7. Launch and get going!
  8. Navigate your way to Beagle Point
  9. Upon arrival at Beagle Point, open up the galaxy map and take another screenshot showing your current position (i.e. the fact that you are in the Beagle Point system!) and the time. Congratulations, you made it! (Alternatively, once Jacques Station is located at Beagle Point, a screenshot from Jacques Station showing location and time is acceptable.)
  10. Having completed the 65,000+LY run to Beagle Point, you now have a wonderful opportunity: to turn around and fly all the way back again, by your own route and at your own pace. Enjoy!
  11. Post a message in this thread, with the following:

• Your commander's name
  • Your ship's name
  • Your ship type
  • If you used Jumponium
  • If you modified any component in your ship
  • Your total race time
  • Links to your three screenshots: Outfitting, start time/location and finish time/location (if you've recorded video, please extract screenshots of these three rather than just sending / linking to the entire video!

Also, if you have any information you would like to include (paths through the Abyss, paths to points of interest, etc.), please feel free to PM me the information.

65KLYFSC disclaimer: the distance on your club membership application is the distance with which you will be listed as a member of the 65000 Ly from Sol club. Think twice before applying: the distance (nor the date) will be changed later on (that is, if the maintainer of the list can remember not to grant special treatment...)

Last edited:
schumy24-sep-330265649anaconda

1474722171-65649-2016-09-24-12-07-08.png

Hi Jermus! Since I was around the Beagle Point area with you when you got here, I thought I might as well try and get the largest distance from Sol I could possibly get! Since it seems that the furthest possible distance has already been discovered, I went and headed to Oevasy SG-Y d0 to claim a place on the Deep Space Challenge list. :)

C5kOMwZ.png

JyVY9O2.png

• CMDR Name: Lyneira
  • Ship Type: Asp
  • Date reached: 6th October 3302 (2016) 19:24:57

Last edited:
Hello, i'm a belgian Player and i'm sorry if i make some mistake in english. :)
If the engineering and the FSD Boost were allowed, i want to claim a place in the deep space challenge.

Jurema02-oct-330265507anaconda

The first screenshot is a mix of 2 screenshots i've made :)
HIMj7Uk.jpg

02Ycmc8.jpg

The last screenshot was take when i was is the system 40 ceti

bWPorQn.jpg

Last edited:
schumy24-sep-330265649anaconda

Congratulations on making the 65000 Ly from Sol Club with a record breaking deep challenge distance!

Fly far,
CMDR Jermus

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Hi Jermus! Since I was around the Beagle Point area with you when you got here, I thought I might as well try and get the largest distance from Sol I could possibly get! Since it seems that the furthest possible distance has already been discovered, I went and headed to Oevasy SG-Y d0 to claim a place on the Deep Space Challenge list. :)

http://i.imgur.com/C5kOMwZ.png
http://i.imgur.com/JyVY9O2.png

• CMDR Name: Lyneira
  • Ship Type: Asp
  • Date reached: 6th October 3302 (2016) 19:24:57
Hello Lyneira, congratulations on making it into the Deep Space Chalenge list :).

Fly far,
CMDR Jermus

Hello, i'm a belgian Player and i'm sorry if i make some mistake in english. :)
If the engineering and the FSD Boost were allowed, i want to claim a place in the deep space challenge.

Jurema02-oct-330265507anaconda

The first screenshot is a mix of 2 screenshots i've made :)
http://i.imgur.com/HIMj7Uk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/02Ycmc8.jpg

The last screenshot was take when i was is the system 40 ceti

http://i.imgur.com/bWPorQn.jpg
Hello Jeruma,

Welcome to the 65000 Ly from Sol Club :). You also have been listed in the Deep Space Challenge; the current record distances are not possible without engineered FSD drives.

Fly far,
CMDR Jermus

Jermus5-Oct-330265279.35[DW],Pre-engineered Sidewinder (with SRV)

KJyTuaB.jpg

I couldn't get the shot with my CMDR name and Sol in one view, as I do not have a Sol permit :eek:; and without Sol permit you can't select Sol as target anymore...

Last edited:
Just discovered this thread - I would like to be added as of 07/06/16 in my Anaconda pre Engineers with no jumponium. CMDR name Liol Calvert. Thanks.65000+LyearsToSol (Small).PNG

I forgot to mention, in the 2nd "65k ly club" thread, that my departure has been made before the Engineer release

Would be great if u could add it, otherwise it doesn't matter :)

Last edited:
Silver6-Jul-330265335.45Anaconda

Hi everyone, Im a French CMDR,
I post on this forum for the possiblility to claim a place in the deep space challenge ;)
Many thanks ;)

(sry for my english .. google translate ...)

http://i.imgur.com/6vIcpJC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/k6M5iGS.jpg

On vidéo youtube

Musical Montage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxvojmqot88

French commentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hD_ZbGvA90

Have a good day ;)

Hallo Cmdr Silver,

Congratulations on your achievement and welcome to the 65000 Ly from Sol Club!

Unfortunately the distance is not far enough to be listed in the Deep Space Challenge. The minimum distance for an entry in the Deep Space Challenge is 65373.73 Ly. But don't be disappointed, as with your recorded distance you are now member of the club of commanders who all have traveled beyond 65000 Ly from Sol (and if you compare that to the complete player base of Elite Dangerous that is a select group of commanders :D).

Fly far,
CMDR Jermus

Hello, putting in my details for the Deep Space Challege since reaching Oevasy SG-Y d0 (wanted to max out the "Max distance from start" stat in the right hand panel) on the 3rd October 3302.

CMDRDateDistanceOther notes
Spock Oddsocks03 OCT 330265,647.34Asp Explorer (50.54ly on full tank)

Screenshots below:

7mdo7TZ.jpg
9R6zF8l.jpg

Last edited:

GapeHornStar

G
Just reached Beagle Point so I made an account to post this and get my name up there.

The table and image didnt show up in my previous reply for some reason... so here it is

CMDRDateDistanceOther notes
GapeHornStar09 OCT 330265279.35pre-horizons

qzTwXwN.jpg

A big welcome for CMDRs Spock Oddsocks, GapeHornStar and Jack Hound to the 65000 Ly from Sol Club.

And congratulations to Spock Oddsocks and Jack Hound for also making it onto the Deep Space Challenge list.

Fly far,
CMDR Jermus

My modest entry for the Deep Space Challenge:

CMDR name : Shadmar
Date of reaching 65428 ly : Oct 11 - 3302
Ship Type : AspX (35.54ly)
Maximum Distance from Sol (screenshot should verify this) : 65428
Any other interesting information : Pre-Engineers launch.
View attachment 112211

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom