please remove cqc icon from right panel.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Maybe you're overestimating your density a bit.
I have tried a lot.
Please, try by yourself and say me if you can find a game, then ask me how you can rank up if you cannot play with noone :)
It is like you would rank up in combat but there will not be ships to destroy... [big grin]
Or go up in trading but you cannot store supplies in the cargo.
Or go up in the exploring but your scanner does not work.
What can you do?

I do not ask a revolution or others. I would like remove the icon from the panel if I cannot try to rise it.

Last edited:
It doesn't bother me personally but I can understand anyone wanting it removed. CQC is after all an entirely seperate game. I've never even tried to play it but I doubt I'll see any of my ED stats displayed there if I did.

Since no one can see my CQC rank it's only an eyesore to me. I just try to be proud of my 0% helpless rank but I would prefer if it were gone from the side panel. It's like having a video game score on your driver's license.

Very much this.

Wow dude. Just becaseu YOU don't play it, it doesn't mean othe rpoeple don't want it (In the same way that Explorers and traders aren't shuting and telling them to take down the Combart rank as a stupid idea)

Some of us are working on that CQC rank and like to have it up there with our other achievement.s My advice is, if you don't like seeing it at Zero, work on that.

It IS part of Elite Dangerous, and it IS enjoyed by a fair few people

[video=youtube_share;apf5NScU9D0]https://youtu.be/apf5NScU9D0[/video]

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
Simple answer is that that panel shows all the ways it is possible to reach Elite also and your progress in each of them.

It's standard information given to every pilot in 3302 and won't be removed from the display. Pressure groups have already tried and failed :)

We have too many as is, don't hold your breath on this changing either. There's enough game breaking bugs and issues for the devs to worry about, they don't need to waste time on this until they have time to waste.

No, this is not a waste of time (IMO). The game name is ELITE (Elite, Frontier Elite; Elite dangerous, etc.).
I play it from 1984 on c64 and I know very well what is the goal (IMO): reach the elite rank.
Now, I would like to look at my right panel and see all my icons full at 100%.

If there is one stop at 0% it's not good.
Take me crazy but for me It is important.

Finally the devs must only remove the line of code inserted in the past (I remember the icon there will not in the panel).

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Wow dude. Just becaseu YOU don't play it, it doesn't mean othe rpoeple don't want it (In the same way that Explorers and traders aren't shuting and telling them to take down the Combart rank as a stupid idea)

Some of us are working on that CQC rank and like to have it up there with our other achievement.s My advice is, if you don't like seeing it at Zero, work on that.

It IS part of Elite Dangerous, and it IS enjoyed by a fair few people

I think you do not follow the topic from the start.
I want paly CQC but it does not work and noone play it.
I try to play every day for one hour but at today I have NEVER FOUND a match.
I cannot play when youw want, saturday night, etc. When I have time I try to play and nothing: noone play never palyed a single match.
I enter in the lobby, then wait, sometime enter one or two guys but never 4 to end a match.
Now, also if sometimes a round start when do you think i will reach 100%.
If the time you need is (example) 100 hours of play, how do you think I can spent 1000000000000000 hours to wait to do the matches I need to complete the rank? :D

Simple answer is that that panel shows all the ways it is possible to reach Elite also and your progress in each of them.

It's standard information given to every pilot in 3302 and won't be removed from the display. Pressure groups have already tried and failed :)

False: because you cannot play to cqc, so you cannot reach Elite.

I'm Elite in combat and trade rank. Now, I would like start for the exploration adventure.
What I cannot understood is why the cqc rank icon is in the right panel of all my ships.

It's very terrible look at my icons in the right panel and have that 0% for cqc.
And it will remain 0% forever.

I have tried different days to play cqc but never and I repeat NEVER, I have found a game to try the game.
So, why I must have a 0% icon in my tight panel if I cannot never try to raise it?

Then, there is no link from the main game and the cqc game. You access from a different menu.

It would be possible, at least, make a poll and vote for have or not have the icon?
Thx in advance.

When completionists get mad ;)

Again, there are plenty of people ranking up and having fun with it, at specific times. Join some pages / forums and organize with people to get into a game if it's bothering you that much. I play every tuesday for two hours and from my first search for a game it takes ~30 seconds to get into my first match, and constant thereafter.

It is not Frontier's fault that you don't play at the same time as others. It's not their fault that the CQC mode isn't as popular as the main game mode. do a little leg work instead of asking Frontier to do a LOT of programming

Again, there are plenty of people ranking up and having fun with it, at specific times. Join some pages / forums and organize with people to get into a game if it's bothering you that much. I play every tuesday for two hours and from my first search for a game it takes ~30 seconds to get into my first match, and constant thereafter.

It is not Frontier's fault that you don't play at the same time as others. It's not their fault that the CQC mode isn't as popular as the main game mode. do a little leg work instead of asking Frontier to do a LOT of programming

I'm 47th and repeat I have no time to organize, etc. When I have time to play I play and the game have not players. It's my fault?
If you do a pvp game then it will must work and must be players: everytimes, everydays, otherwise it is a problem.
I play also to rainbow six siege at any time, hours, days, and I can play it without no probs.

I'm waiting for new patch with new features for navigationa and exploration.
Then I will start the grind for the elite rank.
But, it is useless have 3 icons full at 100% after a lot of work and then remain with one at 0% because you cannot full it.

What do you think, with this in memory, that I will buy the new adds on, or I will quit the game? ;)

What do you think, with this in memory, that I will buy the new adds on, or I will quit the game? ;)

Well if you're going to get like this because when you look to the right there's the number 0 and not 100, hopefully it's going to be the latter, and we can start clearing out CMDRs that raise these forum posts.

Last edited:
Well if you're going to get like this because when you look to the right there's the number 0 and not 100, hopefully it's going to be the latter.
I like to end my games.
I know Elite from 1984.
Game goal is same to reach elite rank.
So, this time, my goal is reach Elte rank in all 3 (when I bought the game) / 4 (now) categories.
If I cannot end one, why I must continue to play, it?

I imagine you'll probably wuit bud, but to be honet the rest of us will be here loving this game, and all that comes with it including CQC. The CQC mode does work, and works very well, when people are online. Again, it's not Frontier's fault that their main game is so ruddy excellent people spend time in that instead of CQC

I'm 30, I have a full time job, a wife and kid, as well as running a gaming review website and having to review games we get sent, meaning I can't spend every moment in elite, let alone in CQC. I know you can't always get time to get on the Xbox, or get into elite specifically, or get into CQC specifically. There are people running things though, such as our CQC tuesday above where you should ge ta game pretty darn fast, and start raising that rank.

Getting together with a player group helps, or just organizing with your friends and saying "right, let's do some CQC at xxxx time on xxxxx day this week / next week"

I like to end my games.
I know Elite from 1984.
Game goal is same to reach elite rank.
So, this time, my goal is reach Elte rank in all 3 (when I bought the game) / 4 (now) categories.
If I cannot end one, why I must continue to play, it?

I made this point before.

If you look carefully at the title, you'll see it's called Elite: Dangerous.

Not Elite.

Different games.

If you want to play Elite, go play Elite. It's still there bro (y)

Otherwise chill. If it is so much damn work, how do you think PvPers that do CQC will feel when their hard-earned Elite CQC rank gets stripped from the screen because someone somewhere can't find games?

Much more of a problem than you seeing the number 0 instead of a different number, which doesn't affect you and isn't stripping you of any achievement.

As to why you should play...lol why should I be telling you? If your vision doesn't expand beyond making numbers go from 0 to 100 on the right of your screen, that's the fault of no-one else. It's supposedly a damn sandbox game for crying out loud. It's like saying Minecraft is a worthless game to play because multiplayer servers are down and won't let you unlock some obscure achievement.

Deal with it.

Last edited:
I imagine you'll probably wuit bud, but to be honet the rest of us will be here loving this game, and all that comes with it including CQC. The CQC mode does work, and works very well, when people are online. Again, it's not Frontier's fault that their main game is so ruddy excellent people spend time in that instead of CQC

I'm 30, I have a full time job, a wife and kid, as well as running a gaming review website and having to review games we get sent, meaning I can't spend every moment in elite, let alone in CQC. I know you can't always get time to get on the Xbox, or get into elite specifically, or get into CQC specifically. There are people running things though, such as our CQC tuesday above where you should ge ta game pretty darn fast, and start raising that rank.

Getting together with a player group helps, or just organizing with your friends and saying "right, let's do some CQC at xxxx time on xxxxx day this week / next week"

The best thing of Elite (IMO)?
When you want disconnect from real world, you enter in you ship and go where you want, do what you want, when you want, for how many times you want.
In cqc, all this is lost.

I could play at cqc, when i want, etc. But I cannot. There are not palyers if not when they organise sometimes...
But this is crazy... Ok, you can organize a trip to the end of the galaxy or what you want.
But I have to organise to come to play? Really? This is the game? ORGANISE TO PLAY? Otherwise you cannot play? :eek:
So, if it is not connected to the main game, please remove all the connection with the main game.
Also the icon, otherwise I will quit and I will spent my time to END games that can be ended (and played when I want)... :)

I made this point before.

If you look carefully at the title, you'll see it's called Elite: Dangerous.

Not Elite.

Different games.

If you want to play Elite, go play Elite. It's still there bro (y)

Otherwise chill. If it is so much damn work, how do you think PvPers that do CQC will feel when their hard-earned Elite CQC rank gets stripped from the screen because someone somewhere can't find games?

Much more of a problem than you seeing the number 0 instead of a different number, which doesn't affect you and isn't stripping you of any achievement.

As to why you should play...lol why should I be telling you? If your vision doesn't expand beyond making numbers go from 0 to 100 on the right of your screen, that's the fault of no-one else. It's supposedly a damn sandbox game for crying out loud. It's like saying Minecraft is a worthless game to play because multiplayer servers are down and won't let you unlock some obscure achievement.

Deal with it.

Elite, Frontier-Elite, Elite Dangerous, the name and the goals was only the same.
The difference is that now you can do a lot of different thinghs to reach it.
but not for cqc because you cannot start to play when you want.
The cqc stops the freedom of Elite. This is my opinion.
you cannot play when you want, etc. You must organise and others.
You cannot do what you want, that is the core of Elite (IMO).

Last edited:
Elite, Frontier-Elite, Elite Dangerous, the name and the goals was only the same.
The difference is that now you can do a lot of different thinghs to reach it.

Well I am glad you've decided that is the case lol.

Now do you want to answer any of it properly, or is this whole argument based off "I WANT I WANT I WANT" very loudly?

Also the icon, otherwise I will quit and I will spent my time to END games that can be ended... :)

...why, of course it is. My bad.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom