[Tool] ED: System Importer - import all your old jumps into Elite for the galaxy map's new filter!

Excellent app. Thank you!

Wow 15332 stars imported, and that is just the ones I have logged with EDDiscovery :)

Question, are ED saving these visited systems on the server or is it locally?

Last edited:
Could it be possible to ex-import whole edsm, so we can filter to completely untouched Systems (as far as edsm offers) instead of just untouched by Pilot ?! ;)

Could it be possible to ex-import whole edsm, so we can filter to completely untouched Systems (as far as edsm offers) instead of just untouched by Pilot ?! ;)

Already discussing that with Anthor. Only two issues are a) how big can the .dat file be and b) who is going to daily import the jumps? There's no tool that can do the importing itself :)

Already discussing that with Anthor. Only two issues are a) how big can the .dat file be and b) who is going to daily import the jumps? There's no tool that can do the importing itself :)
Cool!

Well, not daily, but as preparation before a longer trip on the "Highways" to e.g. Jaques, SgrA, or BP, I would :)

I never used ED discovery or captain's log. I did all of the log files that I could find and only got 25... Is it normal?

b7f41bf282.jpg

bfe19c6d9d.jpg

I never used ED discovery or captain's log. I did all of the log files that I could find and only got 25... Is it normal?

Same here, only netlogs and journals for import.
I only had 3 new systems added, unfortunately.
Can't remember when I enabled netlogging, if at all....might have been due to Customer Support requesting it in the past.
It all depends on when your netlogging got enabled, the further back, the more systems that can be added.

btw...
to a) per chance I have around 6.5k systems at EDSM, which made a 129k file... so all 6.5M systems should be somewhere around 129MB ?!

I've already got .NET 4.6.2 installed, so 4.5.2 won't install - that should not be an issue, correct?

Then, I get this:

wbJ4BdA.png

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.3.9600.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2
clr.dll : 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2
dfdll.dll : 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2
dfshim.dll : 6.3.9600.16384 (winblue_rtm.130821-1623)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///E:/Users/Mike/Dox/Downloads/Games/Elite%20Dangerous/EDSystemImporter/EDSystemImporter.application

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : EDSystemImporter.application, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0f577ea2664d1c5d, processorArchitecture=msil

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.
* Trust url parameter is set.
ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of E:\Users\Mike\Dox\Downloads\Games\Elite Dangerous\EDSystemImporter\EDSystemImporter.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Deployment and application do not have matching security zones.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [2016-11-01 14:44:08] : Activation of E:\Users\Mike\Dox\Downloads\Games\Elite Dangerous\EDSystemImporter\EDSystemImporter.application has started.
* [2016-11-01 14:44:08] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [2016-11-01 14:44:08] : Installation of the application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [2016-11-01 14:44:08] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (Zone)
- Deployment and application do not have matching security zones.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

I've already got .NET 4.6.2 installed, so 4.5.2 won't install - that should not be an issue, correct?

Then, I get this:

http://i.imgur.com/wbJ4BdA.png

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.3.9600.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2
clr.dll : 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2
dfdll.dll : 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2
dfshim.dll : 6.3.9600.16384 (winblue_rtm.130821-1623)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///E:/Users/Mike/Dox/Downloads/Games/Elite%20Dangerous/EDSystemImporter/EDSystemImporter.application

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : EDSystemImporter.application, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0f577ea2664d1c5d, processorArchitecture=msil

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.
* Trust url parameter is set.
ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of E:\Users\Mike\Dox\Downloads\Games\Elite Dangerous\EDSystemImporter\EDSystemImporter.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Deployment and application do not have matching security zones.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [2016-11-01 14:44:08] : Activation of E:\Users\Mike\Dox\Downloads\Games\Elite Dangerous\EDSystemImporter\EDSystemImporter.application has started.
* [2016-11-01 14:44:08] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [2016-11-01 14:44:08] : Installation of the application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [2016-11-01 14:44:08] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (Zone)
- Deployment and application do not have matching security zones.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

You trying to install it via Chrome or Firefox? Could you please try it in IE and let me know if that works please

is it technically possible to import logs from another commander?

All you need is a list of system names, line by line, in a text file and ED gobbles them up without asking where they came from.

You trying to install it via Chrome or Firefox? Could you please try it in IE and let me know if that works please

Firefox, yes. Ridiculous, Microsoft...'Running' the program from IE in fact works.

drkaii, no offense meant - you've made an awesome tool here, and I appreciate it, but I despise ClickOnce apps.

All you need is a list of system names, line by line, in a text file and ED gobbles them up without asking where they came from.
I meant the actual logs, so i figure you can just share your own logfiles with the world and everybody could import them just like that.

about that txt... can i just copy & paste system names line by line from eddiscovery without anything else written in that file?! how do you import that? can i just rename it to a .log file and use your tool?

i am asking because during the beta i had this crazy idea that people could create specific log files so other commanders could import lets say the heisenberg bridge into their local cache. or the last 100 jumps to beagle point. or other hard to reach destinations. however i do not know how to actually do that.

I meant the actual logs, so i figure you can just share your own logfiles with the world and everybody could import them just like that.

about that txt... can i just copy & paste system names line by line from eddiscovery without anything else written in that file?! how do you import that? can i just rename it to a .log file and use your tool?

i am asking because during the beta i had this crazy idea that people could create specific log files so other commanders could import lets say the heisenberg bridge into their local cache. or the last 100 jumps to beagle point. or other hard to reach destinations. however i do not know how to actually do that.

OMG such a good idea. Yes absolutely 100% it could work. Just create a text file with all the correct systems, line by line, one per line, and call it ImportedSystems.txt

great! here's my heisenberg crossing, 79 system names in an odinary txt. so someone else just adds that simple txt in your tool and thats it? is it really that easy? that would be so great.
No they have to actually manually add that themselves to the VisitedStarsCache.dat but since you mentioned the idea I am thinking of setting up an entire service to import routes like this :)

In the mean time, if anyone wants to add the Heisenberg Bridge, copy those files into a text file called "ImportedStars.txt" and put it in the same folder as "VisitedStarsCache.dat" and load up the game.

Location is mentioned in the op here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/291643-The-Visited-Stars-cache

Elite now has a new feature where you can filter by "systems visited", which is great for explorers. Unfortunately, it only shows jumps since 2.2 went live.

If you have been logging your jumps, you can now import them into Elite with this nifty little tool I made.

It is compatible with:
  • Captain's Log databases*
  • EDDiscovery's database*
  • Netlog files
  • The new Journal files (in case you switch computer or something)

+1 REP. o7

You are a star!

Top Bottom