News Colonia Expansion Initiative

I have a question: who is the Colonia Council that's referred here? Is that from the CCN group, or is it a new body of players made specifically for this purpose?

Technically the Colonia Council is the controlling faction of the Colonia Hub (build from the osmium mining CG), which in turn is meant to represent the CCN (the CCN didn't specifically ask for it and was unsure about that at first too).

Still a good question - but yeah, I guess Zac will simply go through the list of submissions with the CCN organisers who set up Colonia in the first place.

If applications don't include any sort of description or ethos of the faction, does this mean that all lobbying for support will have to be done socially, or with catchy names? And the factions have to be independent, not aligned to any of the 3 major powers?

Thank you for the news Zac.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

If applications don't include any sort of description or ethos of the faction, does this mean that all lobbying for support will have to be done socially, or with catchy names? And the factions have to be independent, not aligned to any of the 3 major powers?

There are none of the big three powers in Colonia at this time, but we do have groups representing different groups like the Alliance, Empire, Federation and independent all working together for the betterment of the human race.

Does this include player factions already in the game, and if so, would they simply get extra representation over in the new bubble? Or does it have to be an entirely new faction, and starting from scratch?

OK I am IN. Just in-between outposts 1 and 2 and gaining rep, Friendly atm, want allied soon. I want in on this.

Faction Name: Kon-Tiki named after the legendary expedition and ship of the same name.

Logo: untitled.png

Last edited:
Well, this is interesting, nice. Perhaps I go see some artefacts first, then head over there!
Not sure I join anyone, kind of a loner bye now, but this sounds like a refuge for a simple life, I like that.

I don't care what I have to do FDEV, I signed up, if you can get my name / my groups name a station, anywhere, I would love you for eternity. I have a little landable planet near colonia with my name on it, if you emailed me and accepted my application, I'd gladly put it there. Otherwise, anywhere is acceptable and I would love you forever <3

This has been my dream since I've started this game to get my group out there some how. Thank you FDEV. Thank you.

FDEV, I will do everything in my power to get my faction state up on that map. I love you FDEV for giving me the change to make my dream a reality.

You know, the game would be so much better if things like these were IN-GAME and not on a forum where 50%+ of the player base does not participate.

Am I the only one who's seeing this as a potential BGS nightmare for anyone who sets up a faction out there?

It gets nasty enough when two player factions are near each other in the bubble. Relocating to an area with only player factions, and everyone gets one surface base each? Even if it starts as one faction/system, Expansion will rapidly change that. Too far for direct Expansion? Investement!

Inevitably, two factions will reach similar Influence, and then there's no easy way to stop Wars. Also, with (presumably) low population in any given system, Influences will move very rapidly in any given direction. Once a war resolves, someone's losing their base... and the whole cycle can repeat over and over and over...

Am I the only one who's seeing this as a potential BGS nightmare for anyone who sets up a faction out there?

It gets nasty enough when two player factions are near each other in the bubble. Relocating to an area with only player factions, and everyone gets one surface base each? Even if it starts as one faction/system, Expansion will rapidly change that. Too far for direct Expansion? Investement!

Inevitably, two factions will reach similar Influence, and then there's no easy way to stop Wars. Also, with (presumably) low population in any given system, Influences will move very rapidly in any given direction. Once a war resolves, someone's losing their base... and the whole cycle can repeat over and over and over...

All factions are independent, neutral/cooperative. No wars, just elections.

We already know what's going on as we already have factions expanding/booming/investing there.

Last edited:
And what if I just willing to join one of those factions, is it possible? Sorry for possible silly question :(
Best bet is to find out who's interested and look them up on Inara, or if you want to be independent just get onto the CCN Discord.

In the case of GalCop we have several member groups across both platforms; whatever your playstyle, time zone and platform you should be able to find a group you click with.

So I play very casually, sort of aimlessly, but am now in the vicinity of Jacques/Colonia. I'm on a Mac so no landings planetside, so this won't really apply to me, is that correct? All the faction emplaced in the area will be dirtside, and no more stations will be employed out here?

Top Bottom