Hello FDev: Pay Off Your Horizon Debt Before PS4

Lol have to say that seeing the PS4 announcement was a predictable surprise. But come on FDev: don't forget about all the money you took from us Horizon buyers back in 2015. You still owe us half the product we paid for. How about you actually deliver what we paid for before going out and developing something else. There's no excuse here for delaying what is owed to your customers.

Lol have to say that seeing the PS4 announcement was a predictable surprise. But come on FDev: don't forget about all the money you took from us Horizon buyers back in 2015. You still owe us half the product we paid for. How about you actually deliver what we paid for before going out and developing something else. There's no excuse here for delaying what is owed to your customers.

Nope, we're still in the middle of a season. They could extend this season by a whole year (haven't they?), and still be fulfilling their end of the bargain. They didn't sell you a year's worth of content, they sold you a season's worth, and a season can last as long as they want it to.

I think that adding more players to the universe, paying players, is an excellent thing and helps facilitate more development... but that's none of my business.

That is an odd perspective, it being created for PS4, means it will hit a wider playerbase, more people, more sales, meaning frontier has if anything, thanks to that, even more motivation for working the best they can on horizon, add that what they add are not simple things, I personally can understand why things have been slow, Elite while to the user can look simple, is far from.

Nope, we're still in the middle of a season. They could extend this season by a whole year (haven't they?), and still be fulfilling their end of the bargain. They didn't sell you a year's worth of content, they sold you a season's worth, and a season can last as long as they want it to.

And I think you need to go back and look at what they promised: a release each quarter this year; one per season. Go look at their site if you have doubts (or false memories).

Defend them if you like. It's still a bad business practice though.

Last edited:
Keep in mind too that more programmers working on a thing doesn't mean that that thing will be done faster. Basically, work being done on a PS4 port doesn't mean that season 2 is progressing any slower than it would otherwise.

Hahahaha, yeah, because that's so convenient for FD. I suppose you would be fine if they announced that they've decided to extend the season to cover the next twenty years would you?

It's not unreasonable to expect delivery of a product within a reasonable time frame and FD have clearly been more concerned with milking the PS4 cashcow than actually delivering the content to the people who's money they've already had.

But I'm sure you'll provide us all with some insightful diatribe about how the sun is shining out of DBOBE's and how we should all be thankful for what FD have deigned to provide us with so far.

That is an odd perspective, it being created for PS4, means it will hit a wider playerbase, more people, more sales, meaning frontier has if anything, thanks to that, even more motivation for working the best they can on horizon, add that what they add are not simple things, I personally can understand why things have been slow, Elite while to the user can look simple, is far from.

I think the boost from PS4 is getting more hype than it deserves. Sure, some regulars around here are happy so that is what, two dozen PS4 accounts.

I mean, we'll see, I think FDev missed a big opportunity by not launching to PS4 with PSVR support on day one. Plus, the game is two years old now...I just don't see the excitement needed for strong sales happening for the PS4 players.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind too that more programmers working on a thing doesn't mean that that thing will be done faster. Basically, work being done on a PS4 port doesn't mean that season 2 is progressing any slower than it would otherwise.

Pure speculation. We don't know how Frontier staffs its projects.

He didnt mention a year he said we've only had half.

Work on the PS4 port is being done by the same team as the Xbox One port. Noting is delaying season 2, apart from the actual time it is taking to get the updates done.

Pure speculation. We don't know how Frontier staffs its projects.

Eh, no.

Speculation would be "Season 2 is coming slower because of PS4 work" or "Season 2 is progressing as expected, despite PS4 work". What I said was entirely neutral: "PS4 work doesn't mean that season 2 is progressing slower". I didn't make a claim of my own, I pointed out a claim that was itself speculation.

Eh, no.

Speculation would be "Season 2 is coming slower because of PS4 work" or "Season 2 is progressing as expected, despite PS4 work". What I said was entirely neutral: "PS4 work doesn't mean that season 2 is progressing slower". I didn't make a claim of my own, I pointed out a claim that was itself speculation.

That is true.

However, it comes off as an explanation, which it isn't. Just a possibility. I don't think anyone should walk away from your statement thinking they have a better understanding of how Frontier is working internally. The result is null. We don't know.

However, the sentiment will remain, regardless of the truth. People don't like seeing progress on other aspects (that don't impact the majority of players) when they feel there are glaring errors and mounting delays in view.

I think that adding more players to the universe, paying players, is an excellent thing and helps facilitate more development... but that's none of my business.

HA!
The only thing you can expect to happen is FD's bank balance to increase.
It's not like they suddenly pumped out a ton of new content when they got the shiny Xbox one money did they?
It's more likely due to multiple platforms needing support and developer time that content is less likely than if they'd just stuck to PC and worked hard at making the PC game the best it could be.

I think the boost from PS4 is getting more hype than it deserves. Sure, some regulars around here are happy so that is what, two dozen PS4 accounts.

I mean, we'll see, I think FDev missed a big opportunity by not launching to PS4 with PSVR support on day one. Plus, the game is two years old now...I just don't see the excitement needed for strong sales happening for the PS4 players.
Hype? what hype? nothing to do with hype at least not what I wrote, more happy customers more money? keep improving game at steady pace providing happy customers? add ps4 pool of players and there's more people?

AS for PSVR support, please note they've said on thread they have nothing to announce on that point currently, meaning they are probably still trying to work it out.

That is correct and perfectly valid, as it is with any season pass.
I hope people will remember that, and decide accordingly, the next time around when they're asked to pay full price in advance.;)

Top Bottom