News Colonia Expansion Initiative - Phase One Complete

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Congrats to the top 10! A great achievement!
To the rest of us I say, we just have to keep the struggle going for another month! \o/

Hi Cmdrs,

Congratulation to all contributors for this really hard month...

"Last Phoenix Vault" is in the ten and our little team "Les Papys Volants" is very proud.
Also very proud to be the first french team to be there.

Looking at the figures, then:
- the top 10 groups between then delivered ~75% of the guides.
- the next 10 between them delivered ~15% of the guides. (Or ~60% of the remaining guides)
- the top 2 groups delivered more each than all of the 800+ groups in 21st and lower between them.

I expect January's goal might have rather fewer deliveries than December's, then - with carry over, it might be quite hard for 11-13 to lose even if they sit back and relax this month, given the size of the gap between 13th and 14th.

_trent_

Volunteer Moderator
Congratulations to all those who made it into the top 10.

Good luck to all those participating in this month's Colonia CG.

WD to those who got through

Now my question is, can we change who we were supporting in the first round in order to help folks in the second?

Roll over is good otherwise a lot of people would have felt they had just plain wasted their time. I guess if the bigger groups/players can switch to a different group then there is a danger of the medium and small groups getting steamrollered aside which would be a shame.

Hello all

I am new to this forum and had a few questions. I have been on my way to Colonia for some time on my own. I do not have any wingmen or other cmdr's to fly with.
My question is am I still eligible to help colonize or anything?

2nd: How do I find a group to explore with. I see lots everywhere and am very interested in joining up with some exploration groups.

Hello all

I am new to this forum and had a few questions. I have been on my way to Colonia for some time on my own. I do not have any wingmen or other cmdr's to fly with.
My question is am I still eligible to help colonize or anything?

2nd: How do I find a group to explore with. I see lots everywhere and am very interested in joining up with some exploration groups.
This might be a good place to start: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/282462-The-Colonia-Citizens-Network

Wow.. 2nd place.. cool :p

A pic from me :p

20170105024558_1_zpskd6qit4c.jpg

Congratulations to all those who pushed hard in December!!!

And of course special thanks to all of my friends at Radio Sidewinder who continually loaded and hauled every day- even during the holiday season! It was an exhausting effort, but one filled with great moments of camaraderie and laughter to offset the sleep deprivation!

We look forward to officially joining our CCN friends in Colonia, and look forward to many future moments of camaraderie and laughter with the other player groups joining us there!

Thanks to all who supported us!

Congratulations to all those groups who made it from the GVC Flying Tigers! [up]

Even though we didn't make it into the top 10, I am very proud of our members that we even made it that far into the list - after all, we are a group of casual players and as such it's a big deal that we actually made it that far (a big THANK YOU! goes to CMDR Dige, who alone was able to deliver over 1,000 t with his Anaconda, but to our other commanders as well!) - and all of that while still working the BGS with our minor faction in the first bubble (and even winning both a war and an election there in the time).

Being just casual players and from all over the globe, we had to fight the issue with loading (we only have ONE player on X-Box, and since the rares don't respawn and nobody was there to "load him up", he made the trip a few times with just 10 t of cargo! RESPECT!) and it meant we had a hard time getting the other ships loaded up since we are in different time zones, so people were working while the others were playing).

Which brings me to the complaints I have heard more often than once from our group. This whole series of CG is organized in a way which clearly gives the advantage right from the start to big player groups of players with a LOT of game time at hand, starting with the fact that you on your own could only get 10 t of rares, no matter how long you waited (at least on X-Box), going on with the fact that it was clearly for people with bigger ships (as far as I know, nobody in our group has anything bigger than an Anaconda right now, my biggest ship being a Python which was clearly not up to the task) and finally ending with the fact that just the amount of cargo decided who got into the top 10.

It's the same CG "scheme" I complained to Zac about before with other CG already, because it completely gives all the disadvantages to casual players who don't have hours to spent in game each day. But obviously Frontier is concentrating on the quantity, not the quality - which might turn out as a big mistake in the end since a lot of our members already wrote that they are more than disappointed with how this was organized by Frontier and that they had to spent so much of their valuable game time with this quite uninspiring CG. And most of our players are the ones who actually buy paint jobs and other stuff a lot, because it makes the game more "colourful" - we all don't do any "grinding", but want to enjoy the game. Sadly, by concentrating on the hardcore players with loads of time at their hand, Frontier closes a LOT of doors for all of us. Given the fact that most of our players actually own TWO accounts (some of them bought a second one just to be able to play both in the first and second bubble - after all, we are the group behind Eta Draconis Gold Vision Co, who are still one of the groups with most influence in the first bubble as far as we know), this is something which might cost FD quite some money over time if our players (and others who are in the same situation) start to lose interest because they feel like they are not recognized for their work.

I am not sure if - and if, how many - of our players will sacrifice ANOTHER month of stupid and uninteresting game play for HOURS to continue with this CG, but I doubt that there well be a lot willing to use up their limited time to play the game with something as repetitive and unimaginative as this CG, so I guess the dream of being part of the new bubble is quite busted for us.

Having said that, if you think that diversity and casual players should be part of the developments (and not only the big player groups), please feel free to pledge to the "GVC Flying Tigers" and give us a hand here - we would really appreciate it!

Cheers,
CMDR Igor Rock
EDC Flying Tigers - Eta Draconis Gold Vision Co
GVC Flying Tigers

So if I participated last month but my group didn't make it, do I need to re-register and re-pledge for the new goal?

The MCRN will prevail! ...eventually.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the winners, commiserations to those who lost out. I'd personally like to thank all the pilots of The MOBIUS COLONIAL REPUBLIC NAVY who took part.

The fat lady didn't sing yet, or it is my hearing? ;)
but,
I am not done yet, load me up once more boys, my ride is itching for another shot at this;
don't say it, I already know I am space mad, but am enjoying it.... I think I could be..... [wacko]
(as I lick the frost off my canopy, again)

AND Congratulations to all that made the run even once! Well done all!

Last edited:
Congratulations to all those groups who made it from the GVC Flying Tigers! [up]

Even though we didn't make it into the top 10, I am very proud of our members that we even made it that far into the list - after all, we are a group of casual players and as such it's a big deal that we actually made it that far (a big THANK YOU! goes to CMDR Dige, who alone was able to deliver over 1,000 t with his Anaconda, but to our other commanders as well!) - and all of that while still working the BGS with our minor faction in the first bubble (and even winning both a war and an election there in the time).

Being just casual players and from all over the globe, we had to fight the issue with loading (we only have ONE player on X-Box, and since the rares don't respawn and nobody was there to "load him up", he made the trip a few times with just 10 t of cargo! RESPECT!) and it meant we had a hard time getting the other ships loaded up since we are in different time zones, so people were working while the others were playing).

Which brings me to the complaints I have heard more often than once from our group. This whole series of CG is organized in a way which clearly gives the advantage right from the start to big player groups of players with a LOT of game time at hand, starting with the fact that you on your own could only get 10 t of rares, no matter how long you waited (at least on X-Box), going on with the fact that it was clearly for people with bigger ships (as far as I know, nobody in our group has anything bigger than an Anaconda right now, my biggest ship being a Python which was clearly not up to the task) and finally ending with the fact that just the amount of cargo decided who got into the top 10.

It's the same CG "scheme" I complained to Zac about before with other CG already, because it completely gives all the disadvantages to casual players who don't have hours to spent in game each day. But obviously Frontier is concentrating on the quantity, not the quality - which might turn out as a big mistake in the end since a lot of our members already wrote that they are more than disappointed with how this was organized by Frontier and that they had to spent so much of their valuable game time with this quite uninspiring CG. And most of our players are the ones who actually buy paint jobs and other stuff a lot, because it makes the game more "colourful" - we all don't do any "grinding", but want to enjoy the game. Sadly, by concentrating on the hardcore players with loads of time at their hand, Frontier closes a LOT of doors for all of us. Given the fact that most of our players actually own TWO accounts (some of them bought a second one just to be able to play both in the first and second bubble - after all, we are the group behind Eta Draconis Gold Vision Co, who are still one of the groups with most influence in the first bubble as far as we know), this is something which might cost FD quite some money over time if our players (and others who are in the same situation) start to lose interest because they feel like they are not recognized for their work.

I am not sure if - and if, how many - of our players will sacrifice ANOTHER month of stupid and uninteresting game play for HOURS to continue with this CG, but I doubt that there well be a lot willing to use up their limited time to play the game with something as repetitive and unimaginative as this CG, so I guess the dream of being part of the new bubble is quite busted for us.

Having said that, if you think that diversity and casual players should be part of the developments (and not only the big player groups), please feel free to pledge to the "GVC Flying Tigers" and give us a hand here - we would really appreciate it!

Cheers,
CMDR Igor Rock
EDC Flying Tigers - Eta Draconis Gold Vision Co
GVC Flying Tigers

Why would we want a player group to have a permanent base in the game unless that player group was either very large or very dedicated? If you have a LOT of casual players in one group, I think that's a valid reason to have a presence in the game. Position 10 on the ranking would have required 31 Anaconda trips to beat, which I don't think requires an unreasonably large number of players in a group. If you have a smaller group of people who are extremely active, that's also a decent reason. But a small group of people who don't play the game very much, especially one that can't (or won't) coordinate amongst themselves? Why?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom