SLF glitch leaves npcs helpless ?

today after dropping in too early at a res zone at about 148km i decided i was gonna go ahead in my twin beam taipan and after a few minutes a lone federal assault ship jumps in and i scan it and its wanted so i engage it
i take its shield and 12% hull in the first burst and im like taipan is overpowerd for sure
but then my left beam starts malfunctioning for no apparant reason because the fas never fired a shot it would only try and track me but it never fired anything even when just hovering in front of it and it only took a couple of bursts with the single beam to erase it
i rememberd that this had happenend before with a cobra that interdicted me

does anyone know about this ?

sounds like heatdamage on your beams ... check your module health. double beam produces a lot of heat.

today after dropping in too early at a res zone at about 148km i decided i was gonna go ahead in my twin beam taipan and after a few minutes a lone federal assault ship jumps in and i scan it and its wanted so i engage it
i take its shield and 12% hull in the first burst and im like taipan is overpowerd for sure
but then my left beam starts malfunctioning for no apparant reason because the fas never fired a shot it would only try and track me but it never fired anything even when just hovering in front of it and it only took a couple of bursts with the single beam to erase it
i rememberd that this had happenend before with a cobra that interdicted me

does anyone know about this ?
Dunno about the beam malfunction, but as for your enemy not firing, that has nothing to do with your SLF. That bug has been around since at least 2.1. The theory I've heard is that some npc ships have all turret builds, and for whatever reason, this means they can't actually initiate an attack. They do all the correct combat maneuvers, but never fire. I got my first Clipper kill in a Viper mk. III because of that.

Dunno about the beam malfunction, but as for your enemy not firing, that has nothing to do with your SLF. That bug has been around since at least 2.1. The theory I've heard is that some npc ships have all turret builds, and for whatever reason, this means they can't actually initiate an attack. They do all the correct combat maneuvers, but never fire. I got my first Clipper kill in a Viper mk. III because of that.

ah ok tnx that makes sense, sort of :p

Top Bottom