Okay, is this a new thing? :/

So I'm going to an engineer base, and in SC there are a bunch of obvious 'griefers'. No problem, I'm in a mighty Asp Scout so who cares. :p A clipper interdicts me and starts shooting at me with gimballed beam lasers. I have chaff and am more agile, so no issue. He overshoots me a few times, never gets my shield (a simply bi-weave, non-modded) down. As nothing happens I figured I high-wake out. As soon as my drive is charged I am at the vector and the countdown starts. It gets stuck at zero but the Clipper continues to do damage (which it shouldn't). Until I am destroyed, after which the jump animation plays throughout the wreckage.

Is this something I should just put down to lag or connectivity issues? Or should I report this gentleman?

Last edited:
The game discriminates against those with poor .net connections in a few ways

Well, thats the thing. My connectivity is fine, and I rarely if ever suffer from things others report. And the interdiction went fast. As in 'hmm, that is remarkably like the interdiction cheat' fast. :p Just wondering if other people have heard of a new cheat...

Well, thats the thing. My connectivity is fine, and I rarely if ever suffer from things others report. And the interdiction went fast. As in 'hmm, that is remarkably like the interdiction cheat' fast. :p Just wondering if other people have heard of a new cheat...

Sounds very much like a p2p connection issue. Support might be able to help you out better than us forumites ;)

...No problem, I'm in a mighty Asp Scout so who cares. :p A clipper interdicts me and starts shooting at me with gimballed beam lasers. I have chaff and am more agile, so no issue.?

Sacrilege!!!! :p

Now seriously that sounds more like an oversight (FD forgetting to stop damage intake on countdown finished - just in case loading times turn south - which they often do).

You could file a ticket, maybe they're not aware this can happen.

Last edited:
You might be on to something wrt a possible bug. I was stuck at the High Wake 'loading screen' prior to entering Witchspace and, while waiting for everything to sync, I was taking damage from a rouge 'Conda. Hadn't happened before so maybe something changed in the last patch.

Something similar happened to me last night. FSD was charging, I was not mass-locked but it got half-way then froze.
I still got shot up...

I've noticed an issue recently where the entry into witch space lags for a couple of seconds before the tunnel animation kicks in properly. I wonder if it's related?

I've somehow managed to high-wake out of an NPC interdiction attempt before by starting the jump before being interdicted. I put this down to lag, or maybe it's working as intended. Who can say for sure?

Your case is a bit different though of course and involves another Commander trying to destroy you, not just an NPC, so I would contact support and give them the details. The loss might not be so important itself, but the principal of the matter should still be upheld, in my opinion.

Having only lost 5 ships on my save in 2 years, and no ship losses within a year, they seem rather significant to me, whereas to others they might seem trivial.

Curious to know what's going on here myself.

Cheers and sorry for the loss. I'm not sure if support can correct it or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom