CZ broken?

I'm trying to do the CZ in Sothis, I need to kill Deep Space Clan Ships. I did some of these mission last night, no trouble.

Today, when I arrive in the CZ I find loads of Federal Navy Ships, and Deep Space Clan Ships; flying in formation?? Noone is shooting at each other, just fliying in straight lines.

If I shoot a DSC ship, all their buddies open up on me whilst the navy ships idly fly onwards.

?

I have tried a complete restart of the client, and different CZs in Sothis, no change. High and Low intensity the same.

The war is over, a ceasefire was negotiated.

There is a chance for this to happen at each "tick" (once a day at a not clearly specified time), as soon as both involved factions have an influence delta of 5% for war and 3% for civil war (IIRC).

Edit: Ninjad, as usual.

Last edited:
ahh, so I need to abandon all the massacre quests I have? That's not going to do my rep much good :(

I think you can still kill the target faction's ships, if they have the "Mission Target" tag. But it will take some time, if you have to fish them out of SC.

But yeah, I've learned this the hard way, as well. It's always good to check the CZs BEFORE accepting the missions.
The cease-fire state can tick at moment's notice, but the real truce (and therefore disappearance of CZs and relevant missions, stations takeover, etc...) can take a day or two to negotiate.

Last edited:
... (and therefore disappearance of ... relevant missions, ...) can take a day or two to negotiate.

While missions do indeed still appear, the 'war' state in the faction's description is changed to 'none' immediately with the tick. Hence it is at least possible to verify, whether or not a the war is still ongoing, before accepting a new mission.
This doesn't help, of course, if missions are taken and then postponed for a long enough time (preparing and eating dinner was already enough in my case ...)

Last edited:
I'm trying to do the CZ in Sothis, I need to kill Deep Space Clan Ships. I did some of these mission last night, no trouble.

Today, when I arrive in the CZ I find loads of Federal Navy Ships, and Deep Space Clan Ships; flying in formation?? Noone is shooting at each other, just fliying in straight lines.

If I shoot a DSC ship, all their buddies open up on me whilst the navy ships idly fly onwards.

?

I have tried a complete restart of the client, and different CZs in Sothis, no change. High and Low intensity the same.

You in cease-fire. Don't shoot. But I think you just learned the hard way.

Top Bottom